TJ Jackson to be compensated by MJ Estate for Co- Guardianship Position

I LOVE THESE MAPS!!!!

I use to live in L.A. County.
I'm planning to move back there in 2 more years. :fortuneteller:

Aw, shucks you're welcome!

I'll be in that part of the country next week. Disneyland here I come and the beach, etc...
Disneyland.jpg

Hearing for this is at March 13

The below is from probate notes

Petition filed 2/5/13

SUMMARY:
Petnrs (2) are co-extrs in this estate proceeding
Co-guardians of person are Tito Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson

OTHER CASES: Petnrs have filed a substantively identical petition in the guardianship proceeding at BP117319 (Cal #110 for 3/13/13)

MATTERS TO CLEAR:
A. Notice of hearing filed 2/11/13 ok? No verified allegation re names and addresses of all persons entitled to notice of hearing as well as special notice of hearing & copy of petition, set forth in petition - cannot verify notice given is sufficient - supp reqd

B. How did petnrs arrive at the figure of $9,000 per month? Based upon what formula (e.g., what number of hours of service rendered from 7/25/12 to present by Tito Joe Jackson? Anticipated hours in future? Hourly rate? Etc.) - supp reqd - should be supported by declaration from Tito Joe Jackson re same

C. Does Tito Joe Jackson consent to the relief requested herein? - supp reqd

FACTS: In relevant part, petnrs allege that on 7/25/12, the Court temporarily suspended Katherine Jackson's apptmt as temp guardian and Children temporarily and appointed Tito Joe Jackson as temp guardian. Subsequently, on 8/2/12, . the Court reinstated Mrs. Jackson as guardian to serve with Tito Joe Jackson and ultimately the Court appointed them as co-grdns.

Petnrs allege that though he was only appointed on 7/25/12, he has actually been performing services for the minors ever since their father passed away. Petnrs allege that Mrs. Jackson, with Tito's help, have been raising children for the past three years, meeting their needs and attending to their best interests.

Petnrs allege the children have grown quite attached Tito, who has been very involved in their lives since their father's death of their father and is present at their home four to five days a week and 24-7 during such times as Mrs. Katherine Jackson is out of town. When he is not at the residence, Tito spends a minimum of one to three hours on the phone daily dealing with their care (for example, communicating with the nanny, school, Mrs. Jackson, doctors, staff, security).

Petnrs allege he generally performs all of the duties that a parent would perform (e.g., attending parent- teacher conferences; back to school night; open house; school performances) and has attended every important school performance involving the children.

Petnrs allege he assists the children with schoolwork, applications, selecting tutors and extra-curricular activities (karate, athletics, guitar lessons); coordinates scheduling and transportation to school, doctor and dentist appointments (including accompanying the children), daily activities, entertainment, shopping for clothes and school supplies, and security. He coordinates with Mrs. Jackson on staffing decisions, including interviewing prospective employees, supervising staff and communicating with staff regarding the Minor Children's schedules, needs and care.

Petnrs believe he performs valuable services for the benefit of the children and that it is in their best interests that he continue to do so.

RELIEF:
1. JTD that Tito Joe Jackson is allowed compensation for his services as co-guardian of the person of the minor children in the amount of $9,000 per month, retroactive to July 25, 2012

2. JTD that petnrs as co-extrs be authorized to pay such compensation from the assets of the estate

PA COMMENTS: Need written supplement to clear notes and evaluate relief requested

NOTE TO COURT: Petnrs have filed a substantively identical petition in the guardianship proceeding at BP117319 (Cal #110 for 3/13/13)

^^Interesting part about him spending 1-3 hours on the phone daily dealing with their care, when he is not at the home, and it seems he has been helping Katherine since Michael died. I wonder why she never brought up his role to the estate at the beginning so that he could be paid for all the help he did?

The list of activities he does seem to involve full guardianship, so what exactly are Katherine's duties? Unless they both do the same thing?

1-3 hrs on the phone with staff drs etc everyday the kids are at school most of time. upto three hrs everyday is
along time.!! Not believable imo or is he spending that time trying to stop the kids from beibg pimped out.

Last edited:
He only spends 4-5 days there, I thought he lived there.

The things that are listed that TJ does is all good and fine...he IS doing a good job taking care of the kids and it is obvious that all of their needs are met. I just wish he would have a little more input on these crazy things that the kids keep getting pimped for like.. La La La La Toya. smdh

He only spends 4-5 days there, I thought he lived there.

T.J. has his own home , wife and children. The time he spends away caring for PPB is a full time job that he should be compensated for - being he cant work another full time job to support himself and family while doing that.

T.J. has his own home , wife and children. The time he spends away caring for PPB is a full time job that he should be compensated for - being he cant work another full time job to support himself and family while doing that.

I'm not disputing whether he should be compensated or not, but I do disagree with you that he could not work a full time job and help raise 3 children, it happens all the time. Whether he chooses to do so is up to him, I don't feel strongly one way or another.

^^ Im confused by what you mean. He is already working a full time job caring for PPB. When would he find time to work another full time job? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean or maybe you misunderstood me saying he already has a full time job as caregiver and has no time for another one. The reason "The Estate" is making this petition on T.J.s behalf is they don't want to place a hardship on him, keeping him from having gainful employment to support his own because of his care giver obligations to Michael's children. What he is doing is already a full time job.

^^ Im confused by what you mean. How can you disagree. When he is already workign a full time job caring for PPB. When would he work another full time job. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean or maybe you misunderstood me saying he already has a full time job and has no time for another one.

I disagree that helping to raise PP&B is a full time job. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased he is in their lives and I don't really have strong views one way or another whether he should be compensated.

What was his job before, I'm just curious? They aren't saying he left his job to take care of the kids, so what was he working before to support his family that he can't do now? I really don't think he even had a job before.

petrarose said:
The list of activities he does seem to involve full guardianship, so what exactly are Katherine's duties?

Not sure of her specific ones, but she made sure she retained sole control of the $$allowance.

exactly my point. if he had to quit a job that paid that amount u can understand why hes getting paid. Other than that seems to me hes landed himself a nice little payday cause i dont see him protecting the kids from toya etc

What was his job before, I'm just curious? They aren't saying he left his job to take care of the kids, so what was he working before to support his family that he can't do now? I really don't think he even had a job before.

Ever since children were born. Parenting ONE child is a full time job.

LOL i know. I have 3 of my own.
Im not saying that he shouldn't be compensated for his services :), i was just wondering since when having to raise 3 kids meant you couldn't do a full time job also. I have 3 kids and i work fulltime (away from home, that is :lol: ) the 3 kids and the work related to them comes on top of that.

Anyhoo, just wondering. Nothing much... carry on :)

Im not saying that he shouldn't be compensated for his services :), i was just wondering since when having to raise 3 kids meant you couldn't do a full time job also. I have 3 kids and i work fulltime (away from home, that is :lol: ) the 3 kids and the work related to them comes on top of that.

Which is why teachers are way underpaid...

^^I have to say that the last 2 pages of comments are cracking me up.

strange that a person who has 3 kids of their own wonders how looking after 3 kids can be considered as full time work.

imagine if you didn't put your kids in school for 5 days a week - who would be looking after them?
the school looks after your kids whilst you work full time but somebody at the school has to make sure that your children are fed, kept occupied and safe.

tj is doing the equivalent of that by managing his grandma/ cousins' household and then does what you should be doing when you get in from work and engaging with his uncle's children.

that is a full-time job; on top of which he has to do the same for his own household and kids; and then try to work to pay for the cost of maintaining his own household and kids and travelling to his cousins' place.

TJ should be compensated, if he spends so much time, it si normal..but I'm not sure why Katherine should get the same amount, that anyway it's probably going to the rest of the Jacksons, so I guess that should be reduced...

Has nothing to do with the US, or the Jacksons, but yes, there are countries that uses taxes to pay parents for 'paternal leave' that lasts several years. Hence it's not absurd at all.

Paternity leave is usually when the parent leaves their job to take care of their infant/toddler child that obviously needs an adult 24/7. TJ as far we know haven't left a job and PPB are not toddlers and have the other guardian with them at the house. So yes, I do think in this case it's a little absurd.

It's just that the Jacksons don't seem to ever do anything without being compensated or benefit from it somehow. I mean even during the trial in 2005 they were asking to be paid to go on tv to defend MJ. Everytime they do something they claim is "helping" or "out of love", they seem to benefit in some way or another.

TJ should be compensated, if he spends so much time, it si normal..but I'm not sure why Katherine should get the same amount, that anyway it's probably going to the rest of the Jacksons, so I guess that should be reduced...
There is a big difference Katherine doesn't get an allowance for being a guardian. She get an allowance because she is a beneficiary. Katherine is a beneficiary and guardian. She gets an allowance based on the will and trust regardless. Even if she is no longer guardian she will still be well taken care of by Michael (through his wishes and estate) TJ is not a beneficiary so the Estate has petitioned he be compensated for his time and work as guardian. I have no doubt this will go through and be approved by the judge because it is only right and fair.

KATHERINE JACKSON
TJ Deserves $9k per Month
to Care for MJ's Kids
EXCLUSIVE

T.J. Jackson deserves $9,000 per month to care for Michael Jackson's 3 kids ... this according to MJ's mother Katherine Jackson.

Katherine just filed legal docs ... asking the court to sign off on her request to have the MJ Estate pay her grandson T.J. for his care-giving duties for Paris, Blanket and Prince.

In the docs, Katherine says she originally suggested to T.J. that he be paid more than $9k per month, but T.J. rejected the deal ... saying it was simply too much money.

In the docs, filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Katherine claims T.J. eventually agreed to $9k -- $108,000 per year -- which is roughly equivalent to the salary earned by the children's full-time nanny.

Katherine says the salary is justified because he spends an average of 300 hours per month caring for the kids -- taking them to various appointments, extra-curricular activities (karate, athletics, guitar lessons) and social outings.

Katherine says T.J. -- Tito's 34-year-old son -- also helps the kids with their school work and attends all school functions, including back to school nights and parent-teacher conferences.

A judge has yet to rule.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/12/kathe...michael-jackson-prince-blanket/#ixzz2NMSKqSIl

So the full time nanny gets a 100k is this normal or is it take the pee cause its mj. a dr in the uk earns about the same!. yet we have a full time nanny and tj earning
such money

watched a programe last night about a family in india. the man
took on his sister in law and his bros kids after he died on top of his own family. he didnt have another guardian a full time nanny to help and certainly didnt get paid. he did it cause it was the right thing to do and not something you should expect payment for especially when u arent even having to pay for anything inrelation to the upkeep of those children.

Last edited:
MJ's children's nanny earned 100k a year And a guardian asked to be paid like a job. Only in MJ's world. $$$$

300 hours per month is more than full time. That's 10 hours a day for 30 days or 12 hours a day for 25 days.

In the docs, filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Katherine claims T.J. eventually agreed to $9k -- $108,000 per year -- which is roughly equivalent to the salary earned by the children's full-time nanny.

Katherine says the salary is justified because he spends an average of 300 hours per month caring for the kids -- taking them to various appointments, extra-curricular activities (karate, athletics, guitar lessons) and social outings.

I mean even during the trial in 2005 they were asking to be paid to go on tv to defend MJ. Everytime they do something they claim is "helping" or "out of love", they seem to benefit in some way or another.

:eek: Wow didnt know that...dispicable

Back