UPDATE : JFF to Remember MJ @ Anniversary Celebration Event / Not Estate Approved / $75 for Fans

Re: Jackson Family to Remember Michael at Anniversary Celebration Event

So the Estate is not involved?

I can't even get angry about this ish anymore...just incredibly sad. :(

I know.. when are we going to have a nice event in honour of Michael that comes from someone's heart that we can enjoy and not question the motives? I'm sick of this.

The name Jackson Family Foundation makes it sounds like a non profit organization.

They claim it is -

So with the encouragement and urging of friends and supporters Katherine and I have joined together to form the Jackson Family Foundation, a not for profit organisation, which will head the development of the Jackson Family Museum and Cultural Center to be built in the birthplace of the Jackson musical family; Gary, Indiana as both a memorial to Michael and a tribute to the entire Jackson Family. The Jackson Family Foundation, as well, will support charitable cultural, social and educational projects.

http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89781

another one :

http://www.makeabetterworldfoundation.com/

Oxman, Eddie Jones are involevd

See all the people involved in that one:

Thurs June 24th
Banquet with special speakers including
-Geraldine Hughes Author of Redemption (who will also be singing for us!!)
-Larry Nimmer w/unseen clips from his video -The Untold Story of Neverland. (He will also be filming for us to make a commemorative DVD. All sales go to charity.)
-Pearl Jr. author, activist, journalist and producer, Trial and Triumph or the King of Pop
-JohnTobin (Bogart in Smooth Criminal)
-Michael Kiss Tribute Artist
-Catherine Coy Founder of MJTruthNow.com and Chairperson, Vindication of Michael Jackson in Mainstream Media
-Shawn Henning Author of Michael Jackson The Book the Media Doesn't Want You to Read.
-The Tree People
-Aids Project LA
-Performances by Alex Knight, and Kim Yarbrough.

etc

:mello:

and there you have it

Forever Michael Memorial -- Not MJ Approved

For $150 a ticket, you can pay tribute to Michael Jackson on the one year anniversary of his death ... at the swanky Beverly Hilton Hotel. Problem is ... the event is not sanctioned by the people who control all things MJ.

"Forever Michael" is being thrown by The Jackson Family Foundation and VoicePlate.com. Joseph Fahmy, the guy who runs VoicePlate, tells TMZ Joe and Katherine Jackson, along with Michael's 3 kids are expected to attend. But sources connected with the family tell us ... Katherine and the kids won't even be in town on June 26 -- the day of the event.

According to the VoicePlate website, "A portion of the proceeds for this event will be presented to some of Michael Jackson's favorite charities at the event." As for what portion goes to charity and where the rest of the money goes ... Fahmy wouldn't say, although he did tell us he just hopes to break even.

And there's this ... Fahmy says Jackson songs will be sung the entire evening. It's all news to the Michael Jackson estate. Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the estate, tells TMZ, "No one ever contacted the Estate to see whether or not they would approve, participate in, or allow the use of Michael's name, likeness, image or intellectual property for this event."

Caveat emptor.

(Caveat emptor means buyer beware)

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/07/michael-jackson-memorial-beverly-hilton-hotel-tribute-death/

-----------------------

Dear Joe - I don't care what you do, I don't even care if people participate in your projects and give you money.. but whatever you do LEAVE MICHAEL'S KIDS OUT OF IT.

Sorry I had to rant..

Last edited:
Re: UPDATE : Jackson Family to Remember Michael at Anniversary Celebration Event / Not Estate Approv

I just hope the Estate will cancel this event and have a serious talk with the Jacksons regarding using Michael's name.

And I hope the kids' lawyer will talk to the Jacksons about using the kids as an attraction for their events, auctions etc. It's not right.

Last edited:
Re: UPDATE : Jackson Family to Remember Michael at Anniversary Celebration Event / Not Estate Approv

I just hope the Estate will cancel this event and have a serious talk with the Jackons regarding using Michael's name.

And I hope the kids' lawyer will talk to the Jacksons about using the kids as an attraction for their events, auctions etc. It's not right.

Agreed.

I just hope the Estate will cancel this event and have a serious talk with the Jackons regarding using Michael's name.

:agree: very much agreed.

Why the Estate doesn't say clearly to the Jackson family : Leave Michael and his kids out of your shit things!

08 June 2010 12:11
Michael Jackson - Jackson's Estate Slams 'Unauthorised' Tribute

michael_jackson_tribute_019_wenn5320740.jpg

Caption: Michael Jackson (Picture) The memorial service for the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, at the Staples Center Los Angeles, California ....

Jackson's Estate Slams 'Unauthorised' Tribute

A lawyer representing MICHAEL JACKSON's estate has slammed plans for a memorial gala to commemorate the first anniversary of the star's death - insisting the event has not been given official approval.

The Forever Michael tribute evening will be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on 26 June (10) - exactly a year and a day after the Thriller hitmaker passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest at his home.

The gala is being organised by executives at The Jackson Family Foundation, a charity set up by the star's father Joe to fund a Jackson family museum in their native Gary, Indiana, in conjunction with VoicePlate Productions. A "portion" of proceeds will go towards the charity.

A statement posted on the star's official website reads, "This Red Carpet event will be a dedication for Mr. Michael Jackson... The vision is to bring together Michael Jackson family members, celebrities, fans, supporters and the community to celebrate and honour his legacy."

But Howard Weitzman, an attorney representing the late star's estate, has slammed plans for the event, insisting the gala is completely unauthorised.

He tells TMZ.com, "No one ever contacted the estate to see whether or not they would approve, participate in, or allow the use of Michael's name, likeness, image or intellectual property for this event."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jacksons-estate-slams-unauthorised-tribute_1145482

[sarcasm] I am shocked...yet another money grab for Joe & Co. [/sarcasm]

These people are despicable and deserved to be left out of the will and trust

They use every time the name of Katherine but the master mind behind all this is Joe

They think by using Katherine, the event will have more credibility. But these schemes are starting to have the opposite effect. They are tarnishing Katherine's name.

Fahmy wouldn't say, although he did tell us he just hopes to break even.

If those are in fact his words, he doesn't appear to have much faith in this so-called celebration, i.e. "he just hopes to break even."

I wonder how the ticket sales are going, does anybody know?

I also wonder if he will be receiving a "cease & desist" letter in the mail this morning.

Why the Estate doesn't say clearly to the Jackson family : Leave Michael and his kids out of your shit things!
I have a BETTER question: Why won't the Estate 'executors' say clearly to the Jackson family: "Even though Michael left us in charge of the estate, considering you're being Michael's family, it would be good for us to work together and consult together to work on various projects to honor Michael and to keep his legacy alive?" How about THAT?

Regardless of what you all may think of the Jackson family, regardless of what they may have said and done, they are Michael's family. It's deplorable the Jacksons (ESPECIALLY Michael's parents--who birthed him) are expected to stay on a very short leash and cow-tow to the 'executors' and get slapped down with constant attitude of "Nope, can't do this", Nope, can't do that", "We OWN Michael's likeness...now step off you useless nuisance peasants". I'm not suprised the media is going along with this attitude, acting like lap dogs seeking comments of approval or disapproval from the 'executors' whenever any Jackson member makes any type of attempt to do anything in tribute to Michael; but for fans to go along with it without question is pathetic.

well as usual Different day Same mess . some one please tell me how much joe is involve with mj 3 ,i really don't want to see them turning in to new atm machine for jackson.

I have a BETTER question: Why won't the Estate 'executors' say clearly to the Jackson family: "Even though Michael left us in charge of the estate, considering you're being Michael's family, it would be good for us to work together and consult together to work on various projects to honor Michael and to keep his legacy alive?" How about THAT?

There's also the fact of dang near every member of the Jackson family doing their own thing. Do the executors give one member of the family approval, or do the executors give every member of the family approval to do their individual thing?

Jermaine wants to do an MJ tribute by himself. Randy says that he and his siblings don't know anything about the Jackson Family Foundation nor the Gary project. Marlon is involved in the Rome thing, Randy said he doesn't approve of the Rome thing. Joe Jackson's attorney is doing his own thing, is that with or without Joe's approval. How do you handle all of that stuff? It's a hot mess, in my opinion.

Regardless of what you all may think of the Jackson family, regardless of what they may have said and done, they are Michael's family. It's deplorable the Jacksons (ESPECIALLY Michael's parents--who birthed him) are expected to stay on a very short leash and cow-tow to the 'executors' and get slapped down with constant attitude of "Nope, can't do this", Nope, can't do that", "We OWN Michael's likeness...now step off you useless nuisance peasants". I'm not suprised the media is going along with this attitude, acting like lap dogs seeking comments of approval or disapproval from the 'executors' whenever any Jackson member makes any type of attempt to do anything in tribute to Michael; but for fans to go along with it without question is pathetic.

If he was MY son, I'd have a problem with this stuff too with the estate. I wholeheartedly believe MJ made the right decision in his choice of executors. BUT...Joe IS his father. MJ, despite the will, always expressed his love for Joe and thanked him. He didn't understand him, but he loved him. I don't think Joe should be able to flagrantly capitalize on MJ, but on the anniversary of his death, as a parent, he should be able to honor him.

You are so right. There should be some communication between the executors and Joe, but unfortunately they have this contentious relationship and seem to avoid each other.

This ongoing crap just makes Joe AND the executors look bad IMO.

but on the anniversary of his death, as a parent, he should be able to honor him.

I agree, he should be able to honor his son, BUT why does that honor come with a price tag. Why do folks have to buy expensive tickets so that Joe Jackson can honor his son?

HONOR is free, in my opinion.

the problem here is that Joe is doing his thing without consulting the estate. How do you want that the executors react ? Bravado is filing many lawsuits against people who use MJ's name. And Joe is doing his little thing.

If the executors don't react, other people can tell to the judge : "Joe Jackson and his buddies are using MJ's name without consent. The estate didn't react. Why I can not do the same ? "

It seems like a game of exhausting the executors until they give

up just like it was done to MJ.

All for money.

:(

Blame MJ. He created this estate and put these people in charge.

As far as I am concerned, it's his money..he can do whatever the hell he wanted with it.

Just like Joe can continue wasting his own money in Jo Cola-type ventures.

MJ's final wishes should be respected.

His estate is for his kids, and Katherine during her lifetime. Not Joe. Not Randy. Not Jermaine. Not Latoya.

Kapish!!!???

One thing you have to ask yourself, if MJ was still alive...would Joe & the siblings be openly scheming to make money off his back???

Being an unamed source is one thing...but I am willing to bet MJ would put a stop to these schemes faster than Randy can ring TMZ with the latest Hayvenhurst gossip.

Because Michael Jackson didn't want his family to be involved AT ALL.
That's why he created a will,a trust,named executors who are there to EXECUTE his wished as far as his art and affairs go.
His family can celebrate him in the privacy of their house cheering up his orphans kids like a family is expected to do!

How do you know they haven't. All the estate said was that no one had contacted them.

I don't agree with your assessment of the estate's attitude. If the family wanted to work with the estate I bet they would.

Oh they do...I can see them in every thread!

I agree, he should be able to honor his son, BUT why does that honor come with a price tag. Why do folks have to buy expensive tickets so that Joe Jackson can honor his son?

Bravo!

:clapping::clapping:.......good post....

As far as I am concerned, it's his money..he can do whatever the hell he wanted with it.

Just like Joe can continue wasting his own money in Jo Cola-type ventures.

MJ's final wishes should be respected.

His estate is for his kids, and Katherine during her lifetime. Not Joe. Not Randy. Not Jermaine. Not Latoya.

Kapish!!!???

One thing you have to ask yourself, if MJ was still alive...would Joe & the siblings be openly scheming to make money off his back???

Being an unamed source is one thing...but I am willing to bet MJ would put a stop to these schemes faster than Randy can ring TMZ with the latest Hayvenhurst gossip.

This....:clapping::clapping:

this is just sad. And it gets worse every day. Every day i think that now i've seen it all. But then tomorrow comes and brings even more nonsense. It's sad and depressing. Michael doesn't deserve this. His name shouldn't be in this mess. It just makes me want to cry. I love you Michael. They can't hurt you. I am praying for your children.

Well let's be realistic Joe has a lawsuit against the will and the executors, his lawyer calls the executors frauds and crooks, he rallies people to get executors investigated, goes to media telling that executors hide "private" documents etc.. Joe and some of his children go around saying that the people around Michael killed him - even hinting executors..

So the executors are not friendly towards Joe who calls them crooks, liars, corrupt, frauds and possibly murderers... Can you really blame them? Nothing surprising or unexpected there..

Furthermore all the recent events (belt, museum and now this celebration) made me believe that Joe doesn't accept the executors (well no surprise there as well as he has the lawsuit) and their power. To me it looks like even if the executors were willing to sit down and talk, Joe isn't...

I also personally believe that Michael didn't want to do "business" with his father for a good portion of his life. Michael did openly shut down many projects of Joseph perhaps the latest being the family concert with All Good. The executors saying no to Joe is no different then Michael saying no to him.

Back