What do you think MJ will do as a surprise!! (re: Akon's recent interview)

I just listened to the interview again.. and the part I missed the 1st time is that ... Akon was tired because he was up with Mike in the studio the night before...

What were they recording ??

didn't someone say this interview was on 19 Dec.. so he was with Mike 18 Dec... he confirmed.. Mike is doing just fine....no surgery .. no injury (the dj commented on the bandage photos)...

and it sounded like what ever Michael has in store for Jan time..is not WITH Akon...ummm??

I agree with who ever said.. its a commercial during the Superbowl..

I think Sony will spend the money for that AD for Thriller 25...

I just listened to the interview again.. and the part I missed the 1st time is that ... Akon was tired because he was up with Mike in the studio the night before...

What were they recording ??

didn't someone say this interview was on 19 Dec.. so he was with Mike 18 Dec... he confirmed.. Mike is doing just fine....no surgery .. no injury (the dj commented on the bandage photos)...

and it sounded like what ever Michael has in store for Jan time..is not WITH Akon...ummm??

I agree with who ever said.. its a commercial during the Superbowl..

I think Sony will spend the money for that AD for Thriller 25...
Wow. I hadn't listened to it. I certainly will do so now. It sounds quite informative.

Akon so totally doesn't deserve to be in the same studio as Michael, ergg. Oh well. I just wanna hear Michael sing, tra, lala, lala. And hear songs he wrote... And see him dance. Okay, so that's three things. But I'll be happy if I get that, no matter who he works with. Unless its Chris Brown, then I'll be like "No Michael, NO, he can't even stay in tune, NOOOOOOO!" lol. Course, niether can Akorn.

Last edited:
I don't think that Akon is gonna be performing for halftime. Akon says he is trying to get on the bill, but I don't think he means for halftime. Petty is halftime. I think Akon is doing some sort of pre-game show.

But then again, I doubt if he will get it because the Superbowl and the network have decided that they want to focus on seasoned legends rather than new artists ever since the Jane thingy.

Akon so totally doesn't deserve to be in the same studio as Michael, ergg. Oh well. I just wanna hear Michael sing, tra, lala, lala. And hear songs he wrote... And see him dance. Okay, so that's three things. But I'll be happy if I get that, no matter who he works with. Unless its Chris Brown, then I'll be like "No Michael, NO, he can't even stay in tune, NOOOOOOO!" lol. Course, niether can Akorn.
I feel he same way, it ain't just acorn so many of these artist don't need to be in the same studio with michael and they are all graveling at the chance to work mike. IM like just back up off mike. Knowing good and well they ain't on mike's level.

true be told I'd rather chris breezy then acorn :lol:

Here's how i look at it. We know MJ is a legend. But it's pretty apparent that MJ doesn't feel himself as the untouchable MUSIC GOD, so untouchable that he can't work with popular artists of today. And the fact that they ARE popular DOES bring something 'to the table' cuz MJ can SNATCH up their fanbases. Thats what these artists have to offer. And plus MJ doesn't feel so high and mighty that he can't work with younger, less experienced, but popular artists (i mean SOMEONE'S buying their music!). I mean i'm sure he doesn't feel that his supreme musical highness would be tainted by them being in the same studio :lol:

Last edited:
Here's how i look at it. We know MJ is a legend. But it's pretty apparent that MJ doesn't feel himself as the untouchable MUSIC GOD, so untouchable that he can't work with popular artists of today. And the fact that they ARE popular DOES bring something 'to the table' cuz MJ can SNATCH up their fanbases. Thats what these artists have to offer. And plus MJ doesn't feel so high and mighty that he can't work with younger, less experienced, but popular artists (i mean SOMEONE'S buying their music!). I mean i'm sure he doesn't feel that his supreme musical highness would be tainted by them being in the same studio :lol:

ahem!!

Mike is humble like that...

You know I have just watched the interview he had with Latoya at their home, you know the one where he says 'I have an idiot for a sister'. Anyways in there he says that he doesn't like people that limit themselves, which I find very telling about MJ's
goals etc. Maybe by working with these artists he has also noticed something about them that he wants to experiment with. Maybe its something that even the artists don't know they have which MJ can extract/combine with his own sound etc to fit
the direction/vibe of the album/project he is creating. :)

Good point right there.

Well, they don't bring anything of long term substance to Michael, lol. Michael's working with them because he has to stay "current", but whenever anyone's asked Michael is the past who he would like to work with from the present day, he's almost always said nobody, he always says names like Barbra Streisand, etc... So I think Michael knows as well as we that these people aren't on his level. But like you pointed out, he isn't big headed and he doesn't think that he's above working with anyone, I just think he knows that, in terms of artistic merit, these people aren't anything and working with them is only for commercial purposes, which is of course always a factor. But artistically, they add nata.

Well, they don't bring anything of long term substance to Michael, lol. Michael's working with them because he has to stay "current", but whenever anyone's asked Michael is the past who he would like to work with from the present day, he's almost always said nobody, he always says names like Barbra Streisand, etc... So I think Michael knows as well as we that these people aren't on his level. But like you pointed out, he isn't big headed and he doesn't think that he's above working with anyone, I just think he knows that, in terms of artistic merit, these people aren't anything and working with them is only for commercial purposes, which is of course always a factor. But artistically, they add nata.

(((SINGING))) For the love of MONEY. ;)

Yeah, basically, lol. And because if he want's to stick around to make the kind of music he wants, he has to stick around, so he's gotta stay current. With what he's been through, he probably feels he has to come back with a chart hit, even if it means letting trash blow acorss his diamond floors, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, basically, lol. And because if he want's to stick around to make the kind of music he wants, he has to stick around, so he's gotta stay current. With what he's been through, he probably feels he has to come back with a chart hit, even if it means letting trash blow acorss his diamond floors, lol.

True. ^_^ But you can bet with every album Mike puts out, if there's at least two or three songs that are crap, the rest of the album is f***ing brilliant. B)

Absolutely man, absolutely. That's Michael's musical genius. It can shine through even on a bad track, because that's what genius does. Just his vocals alone can save an unsaveable track. And if he's writing a lot of the material, then you know it'll be VERY strong, despite whether he's got some blow hard producing it, lol.

Last edited:
Absolutely man, absolutely. That's Michael's musical genius. It can shine through even on a bad track, because that's what genius does. Just his vocals alone can save an unsaveable track. And if he's writing a lot of the material, then you know it'll be VERY strong, despite whether he's got some blow hard producing it, lol.

He makes you forget if a song is bad or not. :lol:

Well i wouldn't say that. I mean these artists are young. They gotta start SOMEWHERE. And I'm sure MJ working with them, is not only for his benefit but theirs....I see MJ as a mentor for them, if anything. And MJ knows how to bring the best out of people. You never know what people can do when they're pushed hard enough and have that MOTIVATION, and MICHAEL is that motivation. Therefore, you never know what types of sounds and fresh things that they can come up with when working with the greatest. I think Michael knows that himself. I think MJ genuinely sees potential in some of these people...especially NeYo, cuz u gotta give the guy props, he's a decient songwriter who's had a string of hits recently that HE has writen...most of which weren't even sung by him but other people. So again, who knows what these people can REALLY bring to the table artistically unless we hear it. I mean youngins gotta START somewhere...and not everyone with some great talent and success had it CLICK with them since they were 5 like MJ has. For some, it has to grow and evolve. And i think MJ's giving them that chance and at the same time making it work for him.

Well i wouldn't say that. I mean these artists are young. They gotta start SOMEWHERE. And I'm sure MJ working with them, is not only for his benefit but theirs....I see MJ as a mentor for them, if anything. And MJ knows how to bring the best out of people. You never know what people can do when they're pushed hard enough and have that MOTIVATION, and MICHAEL is that motivation. Therefore, you never know what types of sounds and fresh things that they can come up with when working with the greatest. I think Michael knows that himself. I think MJ genuinely sees potential in some of these people...especially NeYo, cuz u gotta give the guy props, he's a decient songwriter who's had a string of hits recently that HE has writen...most of which weren't even sung by him but other people. So again, who knows what these people can REALLY bring to the table artistically unless we hear it. I mean youngins gotta START somewhere...and not everyone with some great talent and success had it CLICK with them since they were 5 like MJ has. For some, it has to grow and evolve. And i think MJ's giving them that chance and at the same time making it work for him.
I agree. I have said before that I think Michael is acting as memtor and I bet he enjoys the role. JB asking him to come back and fix the music means more than for Michael to come back and do an album in isolation.

Michael himself, as talented as he was, had mentors and guidence. He had people who saw his talent and nurtured it. And by working with others I believe he will bring out the best. In the rap at the end of TGIM Will.I.Am sings something like 'rolling with the King of Pop, Michael makes you hot'. I think that is exactly what Will.I.Am meant by that, however anyone else chooses to interpret it.

I am doing volunteer work in a inner city school. I have seen the effect of modern day rap. I am dumbfounded, exasperated, and saddened by it. There is so much disrespect of each other and so much importance placed on being 'tough' as it is defined by the music they listen to. Many will never graduate and many will end up in jail. Teachers struggle to reach them and can't. They are walked from classroom to classroom with guards. Hardly a class goes by without someone being sent to the office for expulsion or a guard called in. They have just started having the boys and girls in separate classes because otherwise the boys are constantly making passes at the girls and calling them names. Yes. Something needs to be done with the music and role model situation.

^^^ you better believe it girl.

And I mean, I've seen the effects of, as James brown put it 'singing people down'...first hand. I mean, i'm pretty much that generation LOL. Luckly MJ has enabled me to slip past it and see real music and entertainment for what it is.

I definitely think MJ heard Brown's request loud and clear and is gonna honor it with all he's got. And ur right, changing music will not happen with MJ just releasing an album. He's gotta WORK with the young cats in the industry now and make them UNDERSTAND the impact they have on other's lives and the messages they send. I mean I hate it when people my age or younger teens say that they aren't influenced by what they listen to cuz time and time again its proven that you ARE.

My best friend listens to nothing but CRAP...lol. But one day she told me, that even she knew she had to stop listening to it. I mean cuz next thing u know, the stuff gets in ur vocabulary. And u do end up believing the values that u HEAR...and that OTHER's hear and that OTHERS deem as POPULAR. And you WANT to follow it.

Mike's gotta change all that. And only HE can do it. i truely believe that. Only GOOD can come out of Mj working with these people. to me, it's not ALL about Mike here...with whatever else MJ's got planned in the future, it's a chain reaction for a lot of things. It's not just another MJ album, another era...this is a big thing. At least I believe it is.

Most of these acts aren't so young. Ne-Yo is the most talented out of all of them because he's written some decent songs, but that's not saying much. He's like 28 I think. I think Will is in his 30s and I'm pretty sure Akon is as well. They aren't what I would call youngins and most of them have been in the industry for quite some time. They're talent isn't showing very strongly for people who should by now be seasoned. The fact that Michael has been doing this since the age of 5 didn't create his talent, he was born with that. And the fact that he was 100 times better at the age of 10 then these acts are now, in they're 20s and 30s, is proof positive of that. You can't learn talent, no matter how much you practice. It only helps you to reach your full potential, but it won't make happen or bring out what isn't already there. I understand the idealist approach some are taking, but I just don't see it that way. I'm not at all worried about Michael's direction though, because he knows what he's doing. But the best thing Michael can do for the industry is bring his talent to it, which he's been doing for over 40 years now. He's always done positive music and his popularity alone allows that music to have an impact. But I highly doubt that because Akon worked with Michael that he's now going to stop making songs with names like "Smack That" or that Will isn't ever going to do another track like "My Humps". I don't think its really fair to put the kind of pressure on Michael that some are. He's changed the course of the music industry without working with the popular acts of the day before and his talent is such that he can do that again. He doesn't NEED these people to cause a change in direction and in fact if he's looking to do that, I don't believe he would work with these people because he knows that music that lasts is music that's great. I think Michael wants to establish himself on the charts again and he needs to stay fresh for that to happen, current if you will. After that, he can make the kind of music that he really wants to and that's the kind of music which will eventually have a lasting, valuable impact. But he's been through a LOT and to expect him to come back now and flip the industry over is asking a bit much, I think. Give him time, he always creates great music, and that's all we should really expect. Even that is asking him of more then he's already given. I think Michael wants to go in a different direction from all of this eventually, but he's got to do this first, that's just my opinion. And even so, the music will be fantastic because Michael with music equales the highest quality, no matter who he works with, whether its his vocals or his own writing or both, it'll come out at least good.

Last edited:
well u never know unless u try.

Especially when these cats look up to MJ. this is an opportunity of their lifetimes and i'm sure they're taking whatever advice MJ gives them to heart.

And no they're not 'young' in that respect, but for the most part being in the industry...they haven't had the experience Mj's had. Or even the guidance that Mj can provide.

And MJ blowing up the spot with another hit record is DEFINITELY not gonna guarantee these people are gonna stop making those kind of songs. But you never know the power of personal relations and EXPERIENCE with a person like MJ can do for you creatively and motivationally.

I agree with WBSS that this is not an altruistic effort on MJ's part. To be honest with you, he can't afford it right now. Talentwise, he is the greatest, but his career is at it's all time low. There's not point in denying it. MJ is a very clever man and knows that the best way to get his music out there is to have a couple of chart hits. Will.i.am, Akon and Ne-Yo are very apt at creating those. They also have fans of their own, who are likely to buy MJ's album because their idol is on it. By doing that, they'll no doubt realize what an absolute genius MJ is.

Like I said, MJ is a very clever man.

I agree with WBSS that this is not an altruistic effort on MJ's part. To be honest with you, he can't afford it right now. Talentwise, he is the greatest, but his career is at it's all time low. There's not point in denying it. MJ is a very clever man and knows that the best way to get his music out there is to have a couple of chart hits. Will.i.am, Akon and Ne-Yo are very apt at creating those. They also have fans of their own, who are likely to buy MJ's album because their idol is on it. By doing that, they'll no doubt realize what an absolute genius MJ is.

Like I said, MJ is a very clever man.
Oh, I don't believe it is sheer altruism and I doubt that J5 thinks that either. I have written that in a much earlier post near the beginning of this thread. I do believe that he is using people that the young generation listen to to bring attention back to his music. I think he is going for at least one number one with the Thriller 25 album and he will most likely get it because even if the new songs aren't as great as the originals they are better than anything that has been out there for a while. That doesn't mean that he doesn't want to change the industry though. Most people have more that one motive for things they do. The amount of effort and ambition that it takes to do what I believe Michael is up to is enormous. (I certainly believe there is more than Thriller 25 in the pipeline.) Remember that he was working out daily already in Bahrain if we can trust Jermaine on that one at least.

Did you by any chance get to hear the fake Akon phone call to Michael? Michael, before he knew it was fake, was tellng Akon they could change the world. "We can do this Akon. Of course we can do this." Perhaps it was pep talk but I think it was also sincere motivation to create positive change.

Last edited:
Back