What do you think MJ will do as a surprise!! (re: Akon's recent interview)

what fake phone call to mike?
Shhhhh. We aren't supposed to talk about it. lol

Well, some dj or something by the name of Ralphige (sp) called Michael pretending to be Akon. Michael had just been with kon the night before and he initially fell for it. In the end it got nasty and Michael punked them back by changing his voice and pretending he wasn't Michael and they never spoke to Michael. Actually I personally think Michael got wise pretty early on and strung the caller along. It was only at the end that Michael went into a fake voice because they went to far. They played it on a radio station but you could tell they weren't quite sure anymore what they had. This was all several months ago I think. Someone posted a link and it was immediately wiped off the board (which was probably appropriate since Michael hadn't known initially that his conversation was being taped although I think he suspected foul play pretty early on).

Yeah i'm the one that posted that and i know exactly what youre talking about.

And of COURSE it's not totally altruistic, but like eternity said, MJ has (and usually has) more than one motivation for somethings. And besides, this project, if done right, can kill so many birds in one stone. And MJ's next move afterwards can do the same. MJ can do something for someone else and at the same time make it WORK FOR HIM. I mean it's not impossible.

And MJ working with these artists, I'm sure its a give/take relationship...as it should be because they are collaborations. lol

Last edited:
Hey, I'm all positive when it comes to Michael and what he's doing right now, I don't want anyone to misunderstand that. I just have a different take on why I think Michael is working with these people. Of course I think Michael's ultimate goal is to cause positive change in the world, it always has been and he's achieved that throughout his entire life. And I don't think Michael is merely doing this for commercial gain either, I don't think Michael has ever gone out with commercial success solely in mind or even laregely in mind. I think what Michael's always wanted is for his music to reach as many people as it possibly can so it can affect change and bring light and truth and something of value into many people's lives, and I don't think that's ever going to change.

But what I do think, for this particular project so far is, Michael needs to get the media's attention right now with a chart hit so that whatever else he does down the road, people will in turn pay attention to that as well and that will cause a greater impact on more lives then.

I don't think Michael is at an all time low in his career either, I think he's still extremely popular and could easily have a hit with or without these people. But maybe Michael doesn't feel that way and he needs a security net of sorts at the moment.

And of course again, we don't know whether any of these suckers tracks are even going to make it on to a new album. Michael doesn't compromise his artistry ever, its always prevelent even on the most marginal of tracks. I expect this album to be excellent and beyond because everything Michael has ever done has been that way.

I think Michael is heading this and is in control and he's calculating what he needs to do at this moment in time, and ultimately, he's going to decide the direction of this album and the projects following it. He probably wants to come out with 2 or 3 songs which have that "modern" flavor which may feature some rap or peoduction or whatever from some of these dorks and then after that, I really think the rest of the album will be strictly Michael's vision and what Michael wants. He said he's writing the majority of material, like he usually does, and I think he's going to have the majority of the tracks on the album be his compositions. And you know then that the music will be great.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm all positive when it comes to Michael and what he's doing right now, I don't want anyone to misunderstand that. I just have a different take on why I think Michael is working with these people. Of course I think Michael's ultimate goal is to cause positive change in the world, it always has been and he's achieved that throughout his entire life. And I don't think Michael is merely doing this for commercial gain either, I don't think Michael has ever gone out with commercial success solely in mind or even laregely in mind. I think what Michael's always wanted is for his music to reach as many people as it possibly can so it can affect change and bring light and truth and something of value into many people's lives, and I don't think that's ever going to change.

But what I do think, for this particular project so far is, Michael needs to get the media's attention right now with a chart hit so that whatever else he does down the road, people will in turn pay attention to that as well and that will cause a greater impact on more lives then.

yep.. yep...that's what I have stated in other posts..

good music not heard by the masses.. is lost...

he needs the media and music critic's 'by-in' on this project...
he NEEDS IT..because an Excellent new album that's OVERLY trashed by the media and music critics.. just creates an un-needed hurdle..

what's interesting is that all these new artist that are on T-25... read the music critics reviews for their own solo albums.. look at how the media writes about them...

Michael is a music exec now.. so I think he has a idea of what it takes to get a hit today 2007-2008... its a whole new ball game from the 80's...

Mike is hunger.. and for what ever reason.. I love it when he's like that...

Last edited:

I don't think Michael is at an all time low in his career either, I think he's still extremely popular and could easily have a hit with or without these people. But maybe Michael doesn't feel that way and he needs a security net of sorts at the moment.

And of course again, we don't know whether any of these suckers tracks are even going to make it on to a new album. Michael doesn't compromise his artistry ever, its always prevelent even on the most marginal of tracks. I expect this album to be excellent and beyond because everything Michael has ever done has been that way.

I think Michael is heading this and is in control and he's calculating what he needs to do at this moment in time, and ultimately, he's going to decide the direction of this album and the projects following it. He probably wants to come out with 2 or 3 songs which have that "modern" flavor which may feature some rap or peoduction or whatever from some of these dorks and then after that, I really think the rest of the album will be strictly Michael's vision and what Michael wants. He said he's writing the majority of material, like he usually does, and I think he's going to have the majority of the tracks on the album be his compositions. And you know then that the music will be great.

Yeah exactly. I think he's doing this to reach more mass appeal. I really have no problem with that for the new album, this is why I feel that's what he want to do with "Thriller 25". Also, the brother need some money if you believe the rumors about his finances, lol.

-_- I just had another thought on what this big surprise production around the Super Bowl may be. Taking into consideration all the other suggestions that have been made, I think it is 1)a teaser for the upcoming album or for Thriller 25 in the form of a commercial during the game.2) a short film to be shown during or right after the game, or 3) both of the above only the short film will be about 30 minutes long which is to be contined with the next song/short film released until he has enough to make a whole movie. :rolleyes: Did I cover everything? I was just kidding about the streaking comment earlier :lol:.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

I'm being KILLED over here about the SUPERBOWL thing.. the SUPERBOWL will be in ARIZONA only 20 minutes from me.. I do not want to pay thousands of dollars to go, if Mike wont be there.. Superbowl tickets are CRAZY.. I don't know what I'm going to do..

You know the superbown is only (38 days - 6 hours - 28 minutes - and 55 seconds) away

id be hoping (expecting) something at the grammies if mj is going to promote thriller 25. as the timing is so ridiculous interms of the oppotunity being there. guess it depends on whether hes doing anything for the release or not

id be hoping (expecting) something at the grammies if mj is going to promote thriller 25. as the timing is so ridiculous interms of the oppotunity being there. guess it depends on whether hes doing anything for the release or not

That's the confusing thing: will Mike actually help promote it too? Insight is telling me he will but I'm feeling he may just let the album come out with confetti and fireworks and then go back in the studio, lol.

That's the confusing thing: will Mike actually help promote it too?

yeah thats the question .mj could decide not to promote but still do the grammys for eg. its not like he would be going to europe and doing a promo tour like what was planned with ones.it would just be a one off performance/appearence. tbh id rather he not promote it on a large scale. he needs to move on to the new music

Last edited:
I don't think Michael will do any PHYISICALL promotion for THRILLER 25.. I think he's saving ANY and EVERY physicial visibility of him for his actual ALBUM

yeah thats the question .mj could decide not to promote but still do the grammys for eg. its not like he would be going to europe and doing a promo tour like what was planned with ones.it would just be a one off performance/appearence. tbh id rather he not promote it on a large scale. he needs to move on to the new music

I agree. I think he's gonna save everything for the new album. Even with the remixes, "Thriller" is an older (but still timeless) album.

He makes you forget if a song is bad or not. :lol:

Now that tickled me _ but its so true.
I mean even some of these dimestore mixes sampling Michaels
voice everyone goes crazy for - just to here one verse or him
skatzing in the BG - the rest of the song can be crap - but if
MJ is on it - they love it _ It takes away the PAIN of listening
to the rest of the recording :lol:

Last edited:
Back