What Is Michael's Most Underrated Album?

Least Appreciated Album

• Off The Wall

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Thriller

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 11.6%
  • HIStory

Votes: 67 16.1%
  • Blood on the Dancefloor

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Invincible

Votes: 206 49.6%

• Total voters
4 me I think it was Dangerous awso!
folxx was sleep on his creative side round dis era they were 2 bizzy worry'N bout da wrong thangz....
Da song "Dangerous" itself cuda used mas credit...it was tigh ish mayne!

HIStory to me is easily the most underreated album and my absolute favourite by MJ. It was the most honest, the most personal and includes some of the most brilliant songs he's written. I never was a fan of Invincible so I can understand why it's not liked among the general public (and I also feel that it's overrated by some fans). But- that's just my opinion!

Yea Invincible was a touchy album
and errybody had somthin 2 say about it
weatha gud or bad....
I enjoy'd it pedo its not muh fav!

"Invincible" is a quality album and is underrated. Whether you like it or notit is music making at its finest, as is every album Michael puts out.

You can disagree, nobody forced you to take the same stance and I never said it wasn't my opinion. The music sounds good, whether you like the material or not... imo.

You can disagree, nobody forced you to take the same stance and I never said it wasn't my opinion. The music sounds good, whether you like the material or not... imo.

The wording of your powerful pro view of Invincible just made it seem like anyone who believed that the album was worthy of its poor critical reception was wrong.

I agree with you that "the music sounds good" but it is still by far his worst album, bare in mind i hate using the term 'worst', because as a fan I obviously enjoy the album.

The reason I believe it isn't worthy of being "underrated" is because the criticism of the album was correct. The sound was nowhere near as perfect as his other creations. It is simply an average album for Michael Jackson, by which the term "average Michael Jackson album" is simply unacceptable, it should have been so much better.

Well the way you're wording your post suggests that anyone who thinks "Invincible" is a high quality work of art is wrong, so why call me out on not adding "imo" to every post I put down when you're guilty of the very same thing?

I'm simply saying that the album wasn't close to being as perfect as his other creations. An opinion that is largely accepted within professional music critics and the masses. You can feel it is a high quality work of art, but it is a minority opinion.

As for calling you out, I was simply highlighting that it was your opinion about how you felt about invincible, you felt necessary to let everyone else know that ""Invincible" IS a quality album and IS underrated". Something you didn't make clear, no personal attacks, it was simply an observation of how you worded your opinion.

Last edited:
That's fine, but you worded your opinion in exactly the same way, and there really was no need to point out to me that it was, indeed, my opinion. I already know that.

And everyone else does too? I thought this was a discussion board, not a matter of someone speaking for everyone else. I am not expecting people to agree with my views, and as you have said, you don't expect people to agree with yours.

The point of this was discussion, and that is what is happening. We obviously have a completely different opinion about the album, I pointed out I disagreed with your opinion, why did you feel the need to retaliate?

Why not highlight why you think its incredible instead of bashing me because I pointed out that I disagree with you.

The wording of your powerful pro view of Invincible just made it seem like anyone who believed that the album was worthy of its poor critical reception was wrong.

Because of this. I said you didn't have to agree and you replied with this. That's all.

I'm not bashing you. I'm simply stating that, before you take issue with someone making a comment without adding "in my opinion", you should watch how you word your own posts.

Because of this. I said you didn't have to agree and you replied with this. That's all.

I'm not bashing you. I'm simply stating that, before you take issue with someone making a comment without adding "in my opinion", you should watch how you word your own posts.

I know I don't have to agree with you, thats the great thing about a place like this, we can discuss and share notions about how and why we think differently about something.

I worded my post in a similar was to you, and now you are lecturing me on how I should word my own posts? Technically making us both at fault. Before criticizing the wording of my opinion, man up and accept fault.

If you think Invincible is fantastic, fine, I don't have strong viewpoint on the album, I think it is purely average, tell me why you think it is so incredible, open my eyes to it, what in that album makes it as good as, if not better than Bad (which imo is his best album).

So maybe we can start from scratch and ignore all of this ^^

Last edited:
lol, you're turning it around on me. You took issue with me not stating something with the words "in my opinion" attached and I told you you shouldn't critisize me when you do the exact same thing. I don't care if you state your comments with "imo" or not, I was critisizing the fact that you were critiszing me for doing something you yourself do.

Anyway, I don't think "Invincible" is better then "Bad". In fact, I don't think "Invincible" is as good as any of Michael's other albums, simply due to the fact that very few of the songs on it are written by Michael himself. Too many chefs spoil the broth and many of the tracks on "Invincible" had too many co-writers and it lacked Michael's signiture sound. But I still think it is a high quality piece of work. One, because of the vocals, Michael displays great range, emotion and control on the trakcs. It contains two fantastic tracks, the two Michael wrote on his own, "Speechless" and "The Lost Children", both are which are very strong melodically and vocally and "TLC" has a very strong, substantive message. The over all sound on the tracks is clean and just smacks of high quality production and as though a great deal of time and effort were put in to it.

Last edited:

I agree with you that "the music sounds good" but it is still by far his worst album, bare in mind i hate using the term 'worst', because as a fan I obviously enjoy the album.

The reason I believe it isn't worthy of being "underrated" is because the criticism of the album was correct.:mello: The sound was nowhere near as perfect as his other creations. It is simply an average album for Michael Jackson, by which the term "average Michael Jackson album" is simply unacceptable, it should have been so much better.:huh:

now, you see which one is the most underrated

I'm only saying that Invincible is the most underrated because for whatever reason some fans and folks of lessor value decided that Michael shouldn't sing ballads speaking of making love with a woman.

I actually had a heavy argument with a so-called fan of Janet's on her website about this, back when the CD came out. This person was saying stuff like who wants to hear Michael singing about the Break of Dawn; Butterflies and Rock My World.

On this thread I didn't read this as a reason as to why people wanted to put the CD down.

For me, this CD reminded me of sentiments from PYT; Lady In My Life; Baby Be Mine; Liberian Girl and Rock With You.

Invincible gave me a renewed connection to Michael and his music. Without Invincible I don't know if I would have been as aware of what I felt about him and his past accomplishments. It put Michael smack dab in the middle of my radar for his music again and most importantly that LOVING THANG I have for him.:lol:

I wanted to be the object of his BREAK OF DAWN escapades.:p

Also I loved the uptempo dance joints on there. The CD was never given a chance because of negativity surrounding what people wanted to make Michael out to be. It was like a ***** slap in the face of his hard work.

I've found that weak minded people always follow negativity. That's a shame because once the ball started rolling nothing could be done about giving this CD its just due. The media was involved, CNN, MSNBC, MTV and every damn body trying to get their ***** slap in on it. I shut it all out and LOVED THE ALBUM for what it meant to me. To hell with what all the "Fers" thought about it.:punk:

Also I loved the uptempo dance joints on there. The CD was never given a chance because of negativity surrounding what people wanted to make Michael out to be. It was like a ***** slap in the face of his hard work.

I've found that weak minded people always follow negativity. That's a shame because once the ball started rolling nothing could be done about giving this CD its just due. The media was involved, CNN, MSNBC, MTV and every damn body trying to get their ***** slap in on it. I shut it all out and LOVED THE ALBUM for what it meant to me. To hell with what all the "Fers" thought about it.:punk:
true... true....

I'm only saying that Invincible is the most underrated because for whatever reason some fans and folks of lessor value decided that Michael shouldn't sing ballads speaking of making love with a woman.

I actually had a heavy argument with a so-called fan of Janet's on her website about this, back when the CD came out. This person was saying stuff like who wants to hear Michael singing about the Break of Dawn; Butterflies and Rock My World.

On this thread I didn't read this as a reason as to why people wanted to put the CD down.

For me, this CD reminded me of sentiments from PYT; Lady In My Life; Baby Be Mine; Liberian Girl and Rock With You.

Invincible gave me a renewed connection to Michael and his music. Without Invincible I don't know if I would have been as aware of what I felt about him and his past accomplishments. It put Michael smack dab in the middle of my radar for his music again and most importantly that LOVING THANG I have for him.:lol:

I wanted to be the object of his BREAK OF DAWN escapades.:p

I completely agree! I voted for Invincible too :D

Invincible by far...such a fantastic album. It should have been one of his biggest.

Dangerous, Invincible and BOTD IMO. ( I voted for BOTD )

Last edited:
I think it's invincible. I have to admit, it was an album that grew on me the more I listened to it. I wasn't sure at first, but the more i listen, the more I like.

Anything post-Bad is underrated. But the most underrated is Invincible. Dangerous and HIStory both occasionally receive some appreciation. But it's only really the fans that like Invincible.
the real real fans ;)

And yeah, I voted for INVINCIBLE :)

I would put something not on this list. I personally like the "Ben" album.

Back