What Is Michael's Most Underrated Album?

Least Appreciated Album

• Off The Wall

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Thriller

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 11.6%
  • HIStory

Votes: 67 16.1%
  • Blood on the Dancefloor

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Invincible

Votes: 206 49.6%

• Total voters
Album: Invincible, really didn't make a good hit for such an amazing album, i think it should of got known alot more than it did too, i talk to people about it they are like, never heard of it, i only like his old stuff, and they have never even heard it.

Song: The most underrated song must be "WHo Is It", "Keep The Faith" or "Give In To Me" from the Dangerous album.

HIStory. It's not just angry album, its a freakin masterpiece. IMO, his best album. C'mon, who doesn't love MONEY?!?!

For me, HIStory is extremely underrated. How can you not love songs like Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, They don't care about us, Scream, Childhood, Little Susie and Smile??? Also, from the TV documentaries I've seen about MJ's career, they never hesitate to mention Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous but HIStory rarely gets any mentions. Or if it does, it's of the negative type. :(

For me its definitely Invincible, I think its an amazing album and some of the songs never fail to give me goosebumps such as butterflies, break of dawn, speechless etc. I also think Michael shows off his vocal range and capacity to a much greater extent on this album. Invincible is truly a masterpiece.

For me, HIStory is extremely underrated. How can you not love songs like Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, They don't care about us, Scream, Childhood, Little Susie and Smile??? Also, from the TV documentaries I've seen about MJ's career, they never hesitate to mention Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous but HIStory rarely gets any mentions. Or if it does, it's of the negative type. :(
exactly. I love Little susie, Earth song, TDCAU, You are not alone, Tabloid junkie, I love all the songs except dom sneddon and money. It's a masterpiece and the promotion of this album was brilliantly carried out!! I love the HIStory teaser and I love the whole HIStory thing.
It's just sad these people allowed the 93 accusation to affect their liking of his later album.

I answered BAD

Reason:
Bad followed Thriller. Thriller is THE biggest selling album of all time. Of course Thriller gets most attention.
Bad had enormous tours - 123 shows!
Bad has 5 x #1 hits
Bad's music videos were incredible!

Musically I dont think its the most underrated, but success wise, and visually, and all the rest of it, I think it is WAY underrated. Its labelled as "the follow up to Thriller that failed to get the same success" but really it could be looked at as "one of the most/if not the most successful Era's of entertainment in history"

Invincible is his most underrated album by far. It is clear that by the time the album came out, Michael's voice is clearer and more powerful than ever, and songs such as 'Break of Dawn' show this perfectly. Yes, there are a few songs on there such as 'Lost Children' that I really don't like, but in general it's brilliant! :)

I can see why people would say invincible because it was underrated but that being said it IS Michael's weakest album. Dangerous and even History are way better than Invincible as far as OVERALL quality. Its a tie between Dangerous and History BUT I would go with Dangerous. Dangerous is a masterpiece from beginning to end. It has a alot of variety and alot of songs that don't get recognized. He made a successful album on his own and it was the first without Quincy. Definitly Michael at his best...

Dangerous and Invincible. Dangerous is the best thing ever, and no one cares :(

Invincible was a great album, and it's been pretty much shunned as far as I can see.

hmmm I think History ---- even though Invincible really doesnt get any mention, it gets mention for being the most recent album
But History really is a fan's album

Invincible...

Because of Sony he never had a chance. Plus Michael was not thrilled since day one of recording all because of Mottola's caniving ways.

Just imagine what it would've sound like if his heart was fully into it!

I say Off the Wall, left in the shadow of Thriller... Well thats what I voted for, I do think Invincible as well, but I think some tracks didn't need to be on the album thus making it weaker than its counterparts. I don't know about Dangerous, I think it would've caught Thriller, but I think because it didn't everyones still all Thriller, Thriller. But yeah, I'll stick with OTT.

It's not listed, but I have to give a shout out to Forever, Michael. That album was Michael's first 'proper' release as an adult, even though it was recorded on Motown records.

Also, Invincible is pretty underrated. It's a very good album.

I would say Invincible, because it really doesn't get a lot of recognition and a lot of people think it totally bombed - which it didn't - but that being said, I do think that Invincible is his weakest album and I found the more up-tempo songs to be significantly lacking; although I do like them, they aren't his best. So, while Invincible is underrated, its underratedness is more deserved than HIStory or Dangerous.
I really like HIStory and Dangerous, a lot of my favorite songs come from those 2 CDs, and they really deserve more recognition. And honestly, I don't get why the public is so focused on Thriller, because I don't think Thriller is his best, I guess it was just because it was really his big break and Thriller was such a big hit.
But I like HIStory and Dangerous better than Thriller.

no doubt vince is the one gets dished on the most, but gets equal props from the defenders of it. the one i really feel is incredible and just doesn't really get too much recognition except for the song the cd was named after is Blood on the Dance Floor. It is my absolute favorite of them all. i feel it should receive a lot more recognition than it does.

I don't really consider Blood On The Dance Floor, because it only has 5 songs and the rest were remixes. Not that it wasn't good, but it wasn't really an 'album', imo..

im not going debate whether it is an album or not, it was released under its own title, so....

those songs to me are very deep. goes beyond for me. its not something i can listen to as i casually go about other things. i have to stop and digest it. its very complex and i love it especially. perhaps your take on it is why it is in fact underrated, idk? i love it especially over everything else he's put out.

Any album other than Off The Wall and Thriller is underrated

I don't think OTW is overrated or underrated really.

Back