What Is Michael's Most Underrated Album?

Least Appreciated Album

• Off The Wall

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Thriller

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 11.6%
  • HIStory

Votes: 67 16.1%
  • Blood on the Dancefloor

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Invincible

Votes: 206 49.6%

• Total voters
Someone actually voted for "Thriller" as his most underrated OMG, LMAO what on Earth were they smokin' :lol:

1. Invincible
2. HIStory
3. Dangerous

I believe all of Michael's work after Bad has been underrated to a certain degree. IMO Michael's best work is from Bad on down. He gets better with each release. But Invincible by far, is the most underrated, which is totally un-called for! :)

Yeah, deffo Invincible cause I mean, maybe the songs weren't as up to scratch as Thriller/Dangerous, but he still had some ridiculously GOOD songs [Speechless, You are my life, Whatever Happens to mention a few:D] in there and I listen to them everyday :love:

But yeah, I agree with most of you.. Songs like Little Susie, Who is it, Tabloid Junkie etc etc deserve waaaaay more recognition! I really like Tabloid Junkie and Blood On The Dance Floor tbfh.

In general I think Vince is Michael's least appreciated album. But I also think that Dangerous is very underrated when you keep in mind how good it is - so I voted for Dangerous. Then again, Dangerous is where my soft(est) spot lies lol.

I think it is NIvincible. That album had potential. Too bad Sony wouldn't back it

I'd say Forever, Michael. Yes, I know it's not on the list, but it was Michael's first album with an adult singing voice, and while the songs aren't up to par with Off The Wall-Invincible, it's still a very fine album. In fact, I'd say I spin it more times than the three solo albums before it put together.

I think that Invincible is the most underrated album. I don't understand why either, because there are some really amazing songs on there. I would say that it's the album I listen to the most, and often the one I hear a lot of other fans don't listen to much.

I'd say Forever, Michael. Yes, I know it's not on the list, but it was Michael's first album with an adult singing voice, and while the songs aren't up to par with Off The Wall-Invincible, it's still a very fine album. In fact, I'd say I spin it more times than the three solo albums before it put together.

Well, ok, if you want ot get into the classics, then I would pick Get It together.

Ironicly, I think his most overrated album is BAD. Overall, I think it wasn't his greatest work :ph34r:

How can someone has voted for Thriller???

That album is NO WAY underrated, quite the contrary, it's overrated sometimes. When people say Vince is a bad album they compare it to Thriller, always!! Vince is NO doubt the most underrated album in the history om modern pop quality music!

Invincible, could have bee a huge seller, but did not get the right promotion and way to few singles and videos.

when was thriller or off the wall Underrated??

I went for blood on the dance floor as its amazing and people just brushed it aside as it was a mixtape but really it was alot more then that in my opinion but also HIStory disc 2 is AMAZING! and also invinicble was a great album aswell but it didnt get enough promotion and not enough singles were released from it

dam i want to wote for them 3 now, can i have 3 voted please :happy:

Of course Invincible. Who on earth voted Thriller?? :shock:

Bad.

I have never understood the negative critical reviews on that album. Even now, after Michael's death I have read an article which rated Bad as a failure. I think it's a fantastic album, I actually like it more than Thriller. It has so many different genres, from soul to rock, showing Michael's best in everything. You just don't get bored listening to it.

I think Bad has the most number of great songs out of all MJ albums!

Actually, Off the Wall is very much underrated, some people don't even mention it and start couting MJ's solo career with Thriller.

Depends on who you ask. Critically I think OTW was Michael's most praised album, even more than Thriller. Strangely however it's not rated so high by the fans.

For me... I would have to say his last two albums. I know I was living in Europe at the time as well as in transition-mode when they were released... but I didn't hear SQUAT about any of them. No videos, no songs on the radio, no promotions, no NOTHING. Didn't even know that they existed. I really thought that MJ had just retired after HIStory... now that I know about them... it really makes me sad that the media and the public just pushed him aside like that. :(

Last edited:
I think HIStory is hugely underrated. Yes, Invincible too, but HIStory is like one of his best albums with massive hits like Earth Song, Stranger In Moscow, They Don't Care About Us etc, and it rarely gets mentioned!

I think Blood on the Dancefloor is the most underrated b/c when it was released it received the least publicity in the US. I remember my next door neighbor telling me about title single & how surprised I was that Michael had released something without me knowing. It was the first time. I think everyone knew about Invincible since it went to number one in many countries.

Invincible is not NEARLY as bad as everyone tries to make it seem. It was MJ's attempt at doing something slightly more modern and funky and I think it DEFINITELY worked. There are some amaaazing tracks on there that people just bypass because the mainstream media tells them to do so. People fly by that record like it doesn't even exist. Shame. I think if more people took the time to actually listen to it, it could be a hit all over again.

Back