What would you consider "proof" that MJ's is over?

Mj can never be over, aslong as Michael is alive and breathing, people will wana know all about him, which will also keep his music and legengry status alive :)

How many copies did amy Winehouse sell of her album compared to INVINCIBLE ??

compare the sales of invincible to amy winhehouse last album ( that you call to be a TOP saler ) you will have your answer .

I guess it depends on how you define 'being' over... if you define it through commercial success then most of the current artists are already over before they ever really begun somehow.

The names you've named aside from Michael like Stevie Wonder and some others are not over and never will be just like Michael Jackson.
They are legacy, means they've put their part in music history, they are kind of the roots of where music goes to. They've given their stamp into the book of music history just like Mozart, Beethoven etc. did before them.
Michael Jackson has been, is and always will be an influence to so many artists, he never will be forgotten by someone who lives music, that's why he'll never be over, not even when he dies.

Journalists who want anyone to believe so compared to that will be forgotten in a second, because they simply don't know what they are really talking/writing about, obviously! ;)

Last edited:
To be fair, there are many of sarcastic and cruel remarks, but those are, most probably, bad taste jokes, because:

danielwright8 says:

Notice they are all kids here. This is the happy family he wanted to have. From the looks of these pictures ***** is a man who never overcame all the abuse he suffered as a kid. He created a fantasy land for himself and never allowed himself to grow up. Honestly he needs help.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink )
TunnelBug says:

I got the same feeling too, Danielwright8. I don't think he's guilty of being a child molester, but he most certainly doesn't want to grow up. He just thinks of children as his confidantes and friends and can relate to them much better than he does adults.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink )

Second poster is author of the photos and some of sarcasm.

i'm so sick and tired of people who come up with the phrase 'people see things the way they wanna see them vs. things the way they really are.'

nobody..i repeat nobody is an authority on how things really are. nobody is certain enough about life to know where to take the right advice, and always get it right, whether it be financial or other. everybody who goes outside takes a risk, for heaven's sake. and just because somebody 'seems' to have a great track record, doesn't mean they won't fall flat on their face tomorrow. nobody knows the sure thing. so...knowing that the Jacksons are over is a falsehood. you can never know that.

i listened to the top nine at nine on that los angeles radio station, earlier this week, and wbss 08 was at number 8, as i was listening to it. and some so called song was at number 9. then, they did a recap of the countdown, just before they played the nubmer 1 song, and they listed the wbss 08 at number 9. and the so called song that was first listed at 9 was 'suddenly' not on the countdown, and was replaced by a song that gets played wayyyyy too much..on the hour, every hour, sometimes twice an hour...'low' by flo rida and tpain. this obviously means that somebody 'tweaked' the countdown, over at that station. there have been songs that have been called 'smash hits' cus they get played on the radio so often that u think that's the only song on the playlist, but when the sales are reported, we come to find out that not one copy left the shelves of the stores. so...in conclusion..considering many factors...some of them being corrupt....you can never go by what you 'see'.

and..in the beginning...only MJ believed 'thriller' would sell forty million. his own brother did not believe it.

so, the next time somebody comes up with, 'how things really are'..i'll take their statements with way less than a grain of salt. i'll just ignore them. cus..anything is possible. it is def possible that MJ can outsell thriller with his next project. but if you wanna play the part of his brother...that's fine with me. i'm not gunna play that part. i don't care how many types of digital media there are. back just before thriller days people thought there were factors that made it impossible for MJ to sell forty million copies of thriller too. and the only track record that spells true hope is that every time something great is invented, it comes right after total skepticism, saying it can't be invented. that is true throughout history. so...if i'm gunna bet on somn..i'll bet on that.

Last edited:
I dont think you can possibly anticipate or gauge Michaels soon to be "comeback" against Janets latest offerings. Janet isnt on the same scale as MJ and never has been. For a start, Michaels legacy makes it impossible for him to be "over". If you mean over as in his next album be a flop, then time will tell but there is always too much interest in what Michaels doing, from the hardcore fans, to music lovers, to media and paparazzi types. Michael wont please everyone with whatever he has planned, but its up to you whether you want it to be a positive experience and enjoy it or let other people dictate to you what is and isnt a success.

My opinion is simply that I think it is to early to say what MJ will sell because he has not released any new material in a long time. I also think MJ has a lot of "secret supporters" who likes him but dosn´t talk about it. And eventually I think the media will turn on Justin Timberlake maybe already when he releases his next album. I don´t mean to "hate" on him by saying, and I don´t have anything against him, that it is just my opinion. I would be suprised it they still write positive articles about him in ten years from now. It´s not like I expect MJ to break records again or anything like that but I just think it is to early to say what the sales will actually be like. I also don´t think Janets sales has anything to do with this. Her biggest success ever was the Janet album 93. And speaking of that I remember in a review on that album someone mentioned Madonna who was considered to be "over" in the early 90´s. When Madonna made a comeback with the Ray of light album in 98 I remberber someone wrote. "Madonna is back just when we thought she was gone forever". I also think that the truth will eventually come out and one day people in general will know that MJ was innocent.

If Michaels success is to be judged on the amount of positive articles he's had then he was "over" practically before he even began! Michael is a rare artist in that the most vile, absurd and downright hurtful things can be written about him, and he'll still get a number one album.That is fact. Dont expect Michaels treatment in the press to get any better this time around, that the media will welcome him back to the musicworld with open arms. Michael has never had to rely on positive press to get him where he is, he's long past caring about that.

His made to much of a mark in music to ever be over. He'll always be there in the sales. If MJ gets a new tune going there isnt many that arent curious on whats its like.

He's clearly not over, and won't be for a long time.

Why?

Well, because his influence exists in practically every single young popular pop/hiphop/r&b artist out there today. His legacy will always live through them, and because of that alone, his influence will be around for a long time. And it's funny because many people in this younger generation who listen to these artists out today, who would not be interested at all in Michael's music, don't even realize that the people they're dancing to are greatly influenced by Mike and will openly state it themselves.

As far as his own musical career, I think that many people are anticipating new material from him, as his fans come from everywhere in the world, and have a cult-like loyalty like no other.

If he released a good new song (along with other good material), people would just remember how amazing he is...and would really get into his music again. When people think of Michael, it would no longer be just about some child molestation case, or how his looks have changed, etc...people will just be introduced to Michael Jackson the musician, again--as opposed to Michael Jackson, the spectacle/freak show.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but If Michael decides to release another original album, I definitely have faith in him--I mean come on people, it's Michael Jackson the musical genius! If you make good music, the people will come!

Weather you know it or not, SO many people love Michael and want him to come back!

First of all, Feedback has NOT bombed. It was just released this week in the UK and it's moving up the American charts as we speak. I don't find that article accurate, let alone inspiring or applicable to discuss MJ about.

Right. Also, it came from the Mirror.

I was going to give you props on the topic, Right On until you went there with the sleepovers. The last time I checked, sleepovers have nothing to do with child abuse.

Hmmm, MJ will never be over. When people are STILL talking about you after everything that you have been through, how are you over? How? When people are talking about your return to the music scene after 15 years of your character being bashed, you are not over.

MJ has fans, he is still interesting and he is a legend. End of story.

Michael is a force of nature and will NEVER be "over." He is woven into world-history, and he has changed it. Off the Wall did not win the Grammy's he wanted, and he challenged that, and went on to do even better. His message of tolerance and peace will never, ever, be forgotten. Michael is not only a "rock-star." He is so much more. He cannot possibly, ever, be "over."

I'm not sure why we are even having this conversation?

regardless, carry on,

Victoria83

he is not dead!!! he cant die!!!! he always had haters now he has more..so?? he is working hard for his comeback the new remixes are very good..im expecting a really good album from michael...and i think that he will give it to us.and thats for me is the best comeback!!! a really good album..for us!!! for the fans!!! for the people who love him and support him after all these bad things that happen to him..i dont care about the charts and the sales!!! iam not such a victim.i dont care about what the media will say..they will never love him anyway i care about the basic thing the music..i want to here great new songs!!. michael dont have to prove anything to anyone! he is a legend! he makes his records he make his sales he is staying on top! even if he never make a record again he is on top!!!!

Last edited:
I wanted to respond to a few things you said. Well, I don't think Feedback has flopped at all; on iTunes it is getting such great reviews I couldn't wait to hear it. There were already thousands of them, and that was a while back. They all kept saying how much they loved it and how Janet is back and all that.
As for Michael, I think his CD will be successful, and if he wants to have a "comeback", he can. Look at how crazy people go over the tiniest little thing he does. If he announced any kind of performance and had some hit singles out again, people would be copying him even more than they do now.
As for the sleepover comment, well, when people are out to get you, they will find a way. When people want money and are greedy, they stop at nothing to get it. So, all he did was make it a little easier for them, but anyway, to blame the whole thing on him like that isn't right.

But there are loads of great acts that are no longer commercially significant. For example:
- Stevie Wonder
- Paul MacCartney
- The Rolling Stones
- Prince

None of those acts sells (even comparatively speaking) huge numbers of CDs anymore.

:unsure: didn't the Stones have a hit with Rain Falls down? :punk:

Mj is back, he has never left..he was just sleeping lol. Ad over? never! and who cares about album sales. with all this lime-wire and crap goin on and pple makin copies and sellin it for 5 dollars how do you expect him to sell? He will sell it it will be over 1mill. Thats where we come in! ill buy @ least 5 duplicates. 1 for car, 1 for house, 1 fro gift and the other 2 for display. Michael jackson will never ever be over lol. The world is obsessed with him.

yep you are so right . Never ever , he,ll be here when we are all gone and our great great great grandchildren are listening to the king of pop.

Last edited:
Odd how Prince is perceived as a classy respectable veteran who's still going (which he is), and yet if Michael doesn't sell 10 million or something, he's a flop who has "lost it" and is no longer relevant. Good thing I don't listen to stupid ass logic like that. And I'm not saying Michael can't be a commercial hit again; he definitely can be, and I think will be.

How in the world do you get that michael is over or maybe over from an article on janet's single being a flop. What in the world. :huh:

Back