What would you consider "proof" that MJ's is over?

yeah..sorta like when people had a dead pool as to when MJ would die. for the past few years. or all those predictions during the nineties saying that MJ's career was in freefall, including people magazine declaring him the biggest artist ever, becaue they were sure he was about to fall. so they declared it the fall of the biggest artist ever. hmm what it takes to get truth how big an artist is, out of people magazine when it's MJ. after each prediction he scored a number 1. and now MJ enters itunes at 78 and is in the fifties in one week, without a video for wbss 08. yeah..sure...he's over.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
His last album went to number one. "Number Ones" which was released the DAY Michael's ranch was raided went several times platinum, an album wich contained only one new song with the rest being previously several times released material. He obviously is NOT over. Especially when you have every act in the industry today copying him and trying to be him.

Michael is an intricate part of the music industry. He and the music industry are intertwined. A lot of the things that the music industry is doing comes from ideas that Michael came up with.

He's had a long-lasting successful career. He's come up with a lot of good ideas over the course of the years. And his ideas have been adopted by many.

Over? Nu-uh.

When he hangs up his dancing shoes and microphone, his music will still be playing all around us, because he's always put out music of great quality. People do not toss out things of quality, they toss out junk. Michael's music will not be going anywhere. He and his music are one. Therefore, he won't be going anywhere either.

Guess they better try and find another word to use besides over. The word over just ain't workin' out.

Last edited:
Michael aint over. End of story.

I can not wait until we start hearing buzz about this new album's release date so that some of these fans can have something to get excited about. Then maybe we won't have to answer crazy questions like this.

i think the real question is

'What would YOU consider "proof" that MJ's is not over?'
:D

umm..

Last edited:
when every tom dick and harry stop trying to claim u are turning up at their awards show and the press stop talking about you and every producers/artists stops telling anyone who will listen that they are working with you lol. and u cant shift 5 mill of a new album (not in one week) lol

Let people say what they want we can't stop them. It's just their way of feeling good about themselves. We as fans know better than that, we're above it all. Over...never. Michael's a legend and no matter where you go, even if it's under a rock, you won't escape Jackson or his music.

WBSS all the way!! can't decide whether will's (PYT/TGIM) or kanye's come after.

Last edited:
If Michael was over, you wouldn't even have to ask you would already know. Michael will never truly be over anyway though. He's had too much of an impact and has inspired too many for that to happen.

Odd how Prince is perceived as a classy respectable veteran who's still going (which he is), and yet if Michael doesn't sell 10 million or something, he's a flop who has "lost it" and is no longer relevant. Good thing I don't listen to stupid ass logic like that. And I'm not saying Michael can't be a commercial hit again; he definitely can be, and I think will be.

:huh:Thats because Michael Jackson is the best on the planet and everyone exspects much more out of him than they do any other star. So you can,t put Prince in the cata. with Michael Jackson . actually you can,t put anyone in the same greatness as the king of pop.

I predict that Michael has some awesomely-crazy-in-a-good-way plan for after he passes away (in 50+ years) like Some kind of contract that would ensure an new MJ single to be released every year for eternity haha. He'll never be over. He is immortal.

Odd how Prince is perceived as a classy respectable veteran who's still going (which he is), and yet if Michael doesn't sell 10 million or something, he's a flop who has "lost it" and is no longer relevant

its called the media and others agenda in erasing mjs legacy.

An example of a band/artist that's over is The Rolling Stones, their most recent albums didn't sell well, and they lacked any substantial hits. But The Stones are still considered legends, and their old hits are constantly played on the radio. Not to mention their tours sell thousands of tickets.

I also agree that Michael won't be over until he passes away. His legend status has been set in stone, and he will always be considered a credible artist. And his recent songs are just as good as his older material.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's career isn't over as a significant popular culture artist. Michael Jackson's career has just been "on hold" for most of this decade, as he's had to deal with business issues/problems with Sony, plus the trial in 2005 which will have effected Michael a lot on an emotional level.

The fact that more current pop stars mention Michael as a influence and sample his music and a regular basis, shows that Michael has still has a career as a significant popular artist when he wants it. Besides, it's not just he much Michael's new music will touch the world in the near future, but the fact his mainly music of from 1969-97 is still very much a part of contemporary popular culture and will always be, just like his Star Wars will always be contemporary because Michael's set a standard in music people will always aspire to.

even when MJ's long gone, he will not be OVER lol. He's got hundred of vault songs to release lol

The new album bombing would be proof enough im sure. Or another MSG.

The thing is, if it sold as much as Invincible, it wouldn't be a bomb. Invincible sold better than all the other albums that were released at the time, so it wasn't a failure by any means.

I doubt that the new album would bomb, anyways. Just the fact that WBSS is doing well on Itunes proves that Michael is still popular.

Well if it does 'an invincible' - panned by the critics and fails to light up the charts. ofcourse these things shoulden't be important but they are to Michael Jackson, commerically and personally.

MGS was horried, i can barely watch it anymore. The J5 bit was alright but the solo stuff was just horrible. He looked like crap and while the moves wernt bad, you can just tell the magic had gone.

Well if it does 'an invincible' - panned by the critics and fails to light up the charts. ofcourse these things shoulden't be important but they are to Michael Jackson, commerically and personally.

MGS was horried, i can barely watch it anymore. The J5 bit was alright but the solo stuff was just horrible. He looked like crap and while the moves wernt bad, you can just tell the magic had gone.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I personally love the MGS concerts, I think Michael did a fantastic performance.

Last edited:
Well considering MANY people became fans after it and everyone who watched it, that i talked to who arent fans enjoyed it...I don't think it was a failure. And one bad (or even 2 or 3 LOL) performance in ANYONE'S opinion doesn't equal being 'over'.

And Invincible sells isn't a failure because it sold then most HOT acts now. And Invincible's bad association has more to do with it not having the promo and ONE video and MJ not being able to execute the plans he had for it. I think the number it sold was perfectly fine...and it did light up the charts, but it started falling when sony cut the promo lol.

personally i enjoyed being in the MSG those 2 nights seeing the shows. afterwards itwas obviously mj was not well as many reports suggested. and vince cannot be compaired because of all the issues it had that are well known.

btw its a shame so many "banned "ex posters are coming back. sadly it looks like MJJC might end up like many other boards and certainly not like the ole days

Last edited:
Back