World Music Awards 2008 *UPDATE: Michael Jackson did not win; Kid Rock got the WBPMA *

Re: World Music Awards 2008 (Michael Jackson nomined to World Best Pop Male Artist)

It will air on my Birthday in the USA hooray, lets win this Mike, lol

Hey we both will be celebrating our birthday. It will be a nice birthday gift for us if Michael does win this and even more better if he makes a speech via video! :punk:

Re: World Music Awards 2008 (Michael Jackson nomined to World Best Pop Male Artist)

Thats a bit short notice, lol, so I doubt he'll appear, maybe we'll get a video message a la nrj awards (?) but nice to see MJ as a nominee (for doing very little with t25, lol) and he'll probs win it, it's not like james blunt and the others are any competition.

If he really won it, that would be extraordinary. But it's true his album has sold more than those others.

But then again...we all know mike likes to to do surprises!!! :)

Thats a bit short notice, lol, so I doubt he'll appear, maybe we'll get a video message a la nrj awards (?) but nice to see MJ as a nominee (for doing very little with t25, lol) and he'll probs win it, it's not like james blunt and the others are any competition.

I think they have been considering how world-wide the artist goes.

But this is somehow kinda weird it's reported this late. Usually in the past he suprised it went like this but knowing all the past years I just can't hope anything.

i agree topflux
Its is werid that it is reported late... But later than never! :)

My gosh i remember i used to watch this show when i was younger, i used to get to so happy and excited that would be on.
But nowadays they just dont that craziness and greatness when mike would be on.. :(

Hey we both will be celebrating our birthday. It will be a nice birthday gift for us if Michael does win this and even more better if he makes a speech via video! :punk:
Well now we are 12/2 buddies

COOL!~!!!! :yes:

I'll def be watching on the 2nd..and I hope he wins!!!
lol- the male list is so random- but I guess those are the top selling males this year..(?)

i agree topflux
Its is werid that it is reported late... But later than never! :)

Usually in the past this meant that it should be reported late because of the security Michael didn't want to hype his appearances. Usually when he is nominated it means all the people think he will be there, too.

And the other thing has been that Michael himself isn't sure about anything, it's always been hard for him to plan anything else but tours. Because of his life is just so extraordinary and now he has his children.

This could be this late also because of Madonna, but Madonna has actually WANTED to hype everything as much as you can. Michael technically don't need it, just one day is enough for him to get the word spread and it's more easy for him to come then. And he don't even need "pre-hype" because the hype after the appearance is enough for him.

I still want to clarify I hardly believe he would be there... Otherwise he would have told me about it... :D Or that's what you think I think. :lol:

Woooowwww yes yes !!!

If michael wins this will be his 16 wma award
Mariah carey already have 16

this is the only true legit awards show today. no semantics. they just say...you bought it, we count it.

Awesomeness. Michael doesn't even have to put anything new out and he outsells todays stars, lol. He has to win if it's based on sales.

yeah, ur so right and i am sure other artists have thought of it too. if that isnt amazing, then i don't know what is :D

so is it judged by sales??? obv if it is mike will win :) does anyone know???

wrong post...

Last edited:

GREAT! Now, there is NO EXCUSE for Michael NOT to win this award!!! NONE!

Come On Kanye n Michael! If an artist like Lil Wayne, T Pain, or TI for that matter this will be a joke. Same for Mikes group too

shoot!
if its freaking WORLD Music Awards then it should be aired live worldwide!!
So we'll have to wait weeks to see what will happen tomorrow??
All I can say is: Thank God for Youtube!

Guys the last time I remember when Michael Jackson was on and we thought that they would show it like the following days well remember it was weeks for some countries? We will have to keep an eye on the website www. worldmusicawards.com as they will announce when it will be aired in your country.

Oh boy! I remember it all too well! Lol!

If michael wins this will be his 16 wma award
Mariah carey already have 16
Really? Thats so cool. ^_^
Good luck MJ!

Imagine. A 25 year old album still being nominated right along with current artists.

Come On Kanye n Michael! If an artist like Lil Wayne, T Pain, or TI for that matter this will be a joke. Same for Mikes group too

Mainstream music today is a joke period but they have to give the awards to somebody. That somebody not being non commericial artists,their just looking at what SELLS according to what some have said about this award show but generally music today is about whats popular period.

Horakhty,

Thanks so much for posting the nominees list for us to see. :)

Mainstream music today is a joke period but they have to give the awards to somebody. That somebody not being non commericial artists,their just looking at what SELLS according to what some have said about this award show but generally music today is about whats popular period.

Well said.

Maybe Mike will just do a video message like the one with NRJ award!

Thanks Horakhty :)

James Blunt: All the Lost Souls (1,047,000 Worldwide Sales) - #37

from wiki. why the differences?

Blunt's second studio album, All the Lost Souls, was released on 17 September 2007 in the United Kingdom and one day later in North America. It sold 65,000 units in its first week, and was certified gold in the UK after only four days. By the end of January 2008, the album had sold 600,000 copies in the UK, and 3.5 million copies internationally. Blunt completed the album's songs at his home in Ibiza in the winter of 2006–2007. He performed five of the ten album tracks during his 2005–2006 tours; lyrics, melodies, and harmonies were refined for the studio recording, on which his touring band played and Tom Rothrock worked as producer.

from wiki. why the differences?

Blunt's second studio album, All the Lost Souls, was released on 17 September 2007 in the United Kingdom and one day later in North America. It sold 65,000 units in its first week, and was certified gold in the UK after only four days. By the end of January 2008, the album had sold 600,000 copies in the UK, and 3.5 million copies internationally. Blunt completed the album's songs at his home in Ibiza in the winter of 2006–2007. He performed five of the ten album tracks during his 2005–2006 tours; lyrics, melodies, and harmonies were refined for the studio recording, on which his touring band played and Tom Rothrock worked as producer.

The sales estimates I posted are from just this year, 2008. James Blunt likely sold a lot more back in 2007, during the first 4-5 months that his album was out, than he has this year.

Back