World Music Awards 2008 *UPDATE: Michael Jackson did not win; Kid Rock got the WBPMA *

Re: World Music Awards 2008 (Michael Jackson nomined to World Best Pop Male Artist)

Wasn't him Pamela Andersson's husband in the past!? He's like 40 years old already?

Re: World Music Awards 2008 (Michael Jackson nomined to World Best Pop Male Artist)

Yeah... Oh well. Never expected Michael to be nominated this year anyways, but it was nice that he was.

I love how everyone a while ago was like "Dude, Michael's obviously gonna win..come one.., did they announce it yet?" and now they're like "Oh come on..we knew he wasn't gonna win anyway, hell, we're surprised he's even nominated!"....LOL..but yeah, atleast we all got a little excited...:D

omg ur joking!!!
kid rock won!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a joke!!!!!!!

Hi! unfortunately mike didn't get the aword as best world's male artist. ... won Kid rock ..twice as best male and best pop/rock.

i could not be there in monaco today cause here in italy starts a walkout(strike) of train and bus.. and my friend couldn't take her car...but i have a friend there and she sent me some SMS by phone.. and said me this news.

no video story of WMAs or Mike's video message.. :(

the world music awards have become a joke to me, im sorry but kid rock it just ..im sorry but.. :toofunny:

Michael didn`t deserve win.
He did nothing this year.​

infact..he did not deserve nothing now.. probably next time.. ;)

^ Hmm thats true

if it depends on me or us ,Mike deserves every year an awords for everything and every category... more than a Diamond awords...

I think they chosen someone better than kid rock
I mean if they didnt choose mike, they could gotten someone better than rock boy!!! :toofunny:

I thought it was base on sells??

so did i...i mean did kid rock really sell that much to win it?

so did i...i mean did kid rock really sell that much to win it?

I don't think so...

Michael Jackson: Thriller 25 (2,238,500 Worldwide Sales) - #12
Kid Rock: Rock'n'Roll Jesus (2,153,000 Worldwide Sales) - #13
James Blunt: All the Lost Souls (1,047,000 Worldwide Sales) - #37
Enrique Iglesias: 95/08 Exitos (~800,000 Worldwide Sales) - Not in to 50

ok...i serioulsy dont undersatnd that awards show anymore lol

I don't think so...

Michael Jackson: Thriller 25 (2,238,500 Worldwide Sales) - #12
Kid Rock: Rock'n'Roll Jesus (2,153,000 Worldwide Sales) - #13
James Blunt: All the Lost Souls (1,047,000 Worldwide Sales) - #37
Enrique Iglesias: 95/08 Exitos (~800,000 Worldwide Sales) - Not in to 50
it depends where you get the figures from. WMAs use the IFPI.

i am lost too michaelsson,.....i mean i have not heard any new music from him at all here

Awards generally go to an artist who is in attendance!! The fact that Kid Rock won it...doesn't surprise me at all.....Of course, would have been fantastic if Mike had won it...but I must admit, I've been a Kid Rock fan for 10 years lol :)

Kid Rock did do something this year, he released a single, I can't think of the name of it, but it's a cover of an old song...was top 10 over here...:yes:

i hate to think of it this way but itseems that the wma has made a joke out of michael! grrrrr! everyone almost shared surprise over his nomination. why was he nominated in the first place?! anyone who knows wma's criteria in chosing nominees and in selecting winners?

If he didn't nothing this year WHY MJ was nominee?????:blink:

He was nominated because "Thriller 25" has outsold the likes of Usher and Mariah Carey, that's why, lol.

Back