Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I wish it had at least 9 songs. It's too short but I'm not complaining anyway, I'm pleased we'll our demos.

I wish it had at least 9 songs. It's too short but I'm not complaining anyway, I'm pleased we'll our demos.

you're forgetting hot fun in the summertime, a common confusion.. it's possible that's the bonus track & partly confirmed right now

How is that possible... - I fear the new mix is all to overproduced and has way too many Hoo, Hey and HOUs... - I love the leaked Xscape. - Hope the new production has not ruined the song.... :(

You'll get the original also! SMDH..

Last edited:

^^Right, Hot Fun but that one is only included in the deluxe version. I wonder if we'll the demo for that one or if Michael indeed collaborated with Mary J. and the other guy, I forgot his name.

I bet the DVD is Bad world tour in New York 1988.....

Don't get your expectations too high!

My bet is, that the 2 videos from the deluxe are on the dvd (probably production video or music videos..).

Last edited:

I'd be happy if the recent Xscape promo is included on the DVD. I really loved it! :p

The length of the recent leak for Xscape seems to suggest that it is different to the version we have had for years.. Voice is clearer too, we'll soon find out!

What's all the fuss with "too short" & "only 8 songs" again?

I'll take 8 songs & 30-40 min of great HQ music over more music/songs with lesser quality anytime!

And we'll get at least 5 killer tracks, because 5 of the 6 we know ARE killer tracks.
And maybe LNFSG is also a killer with the new mix.
Then there are 2 songs we don't know really how they are: Chicago (SWLM) & one completely unknown - both could also be killers...

It's not good, to always want more, want better, want more unknown...
We should appreciate what we get, take it & be happy. And then, long after that, we can wait for the next MJ gift, which will be coming for sure.

This time they seem to make everything just right, we all should acknowledge that!

Weeks ago, everyone screamed for the OG demos & pleaded that if we'd only get that, all wood be great & fine.
Now that we get the OG versions that seems forgotten, and there is screaming & bickering again about what not...
UNthankful...

So Xscape has leaked (The song) its shorter than the version currently available. Its 4:35 instead of 5:51. Im guessing this is the version for "Disk 2" as there are no real changes to the song other than the quality of the recording.

Bubs, there is a typo in your screen name. It should be written boobs instead.

Has Xscape leaked?? I missed that - only the demo version or?

Bubs, there is a typo on your screen name. It should be written boobs instead.

Its not a typo, my cat is posting here.
It would be terrible if I were a man and have screen name boobs:cheeky:
I leave that sort of things to Jermaine.

It hasn't even leaked from the CD. It's just one of the bad 'Xscape' mixes where the end has been cut off (as you can hear in the so called 'leaked' version).

Is it sure thing that the album is half an hour long?
What if they played shortened versions of the songs to media people?

It hasn't even leaked from the CD. It's just one of the bad 'Xscape' mixes where the end has been cut off (as you can hear in the so called 'leaked' version).

And that's a fact!

The so called new leak starts 12 secs into the song & ends abruptly almost in the middle of it.
Quality is the same as the leak i have for years.

No new leak! Some are dreaming again...

Has Xscape leaked?? I missed that - only the demo version or?

It's just original version cut to 4:35. Nothing new.

If the album lasts only 30 minutes I have a solution to make it longer. I slow down the pace of every song by 1/2 and I'll get an album which will be 1 hour long.

p.s. Are we sure that the new album they are about to release is a CD album and not a photo album?

And if so?

30 mins
33 mins
36 mins
39 mins

It doesn't matter! We'll get 8 songs. And if you're finished with the 8 songs, listen to the bonus tracks, the demos/OG's, or start at the beginning of the album.
It's that simple!

:bored2:I need the first single!

It's not half an hour long. It is 35-40 min. She didn't count the minutes, she just said around half an hour. You have Slave 5:06 and Xscape 4:40. So it is impossible. 4*8= 32 - that is minimum. I say 35-40.

Bubs;3980810 said:

I am sure Mrs. Kerschbaumer didn`t stop the clock. It´s only a vague statement and I am sure she didn`t think that there are fans out who are intrested in the exact minutes-statement.

I need me some 3 to 5 beautiful women, a castle & 12 Ferraris... Besides: I don't wan't to work anymore!

Well I'm gonna get mine in few weeks, crossing my fingers for you too :D (can we share the Ferraris? I only need 1)

I'm not going to name names, but I listen to new music by currently hot artists on Spotify just to see what's out there and a lot of it is just a bunch of pretentious crap compared to any of those 8 songs. So yeah, I'd rather have 8 good songs than an hour long crap.

And BTW, back in the days of LPs it wasn't rare for an album to be 35-40 m long. I know that at the age of CD albums became longer, but a lot of albums that are considrered classics aren't longer than 35-40 m. So it's not much of a tragedy to me.

I need the third single which wille be released as the second one right after the fourth one.

It's always like that with critics. Some really like a song and then someone really doesn't. For me, I just hope the overall majority like the album than a certain song. As for length that doesn't bother me at all.

I just want to say that I go to certain websites (not Michael related) that I visit often and I am noticing ads for the album. I don't know if it's just me but I like seeing them that's for sure.

Back