Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I hope that on DELUXE Xscape album there is at least one duet with Randy Watson.
It'll be on the upcoming JM (Jason Malachi) album titled C.A.$-C.I.O (Cash After Ca$h - Cash Is Obsession). Hurry up to pre-order it.:)

It'll be on the upcoming JM (Jason Malachi) album titled C.A.$-C.I.O (Cash After Ca$h - Cash Is Obsession). Hurry up to pre-order it

I can't contain my excitement!

I really dont know how the hell the media will be able to flip DYKWYCA to something negative. The lyrics are clear as day, its not like he's singing about fondling little boys, its about a little girl whos being abused by her step daddy, thus running away and attempting to survive in a cold, dark world, where very few people are decent human beings...How can they just come out and say "New Michael Jackson song plays on his controversy with little boys", especially with the lyrics to the song. If its the strongest song on the album, itll probably be a single, which it deserves to be, if truly the case.

I just think theres a chance that the media and non fans will make the song define MJ. It's my favorite song from the 6 that leaked but I hope once its released, people don't go indept trying to study the lyrics.

This is what I am talking about baby! We need more performances like this one:

I just think theres a chance that the media and non fans will make the song define MJ. It's my favorite song from the 6 that leaked but I hope once its released, people don't go indept trying to study the lyrics.

You act like there is something to hide in those lyrics.

DYKWYA is a phenomenal song without a doubt, it's controversial nontheless. Talking about a 12 year-old girl victim of sexual abuse by her stepfather and then, she became a prostitute after she ran away from home, that is a polemical and sensitive subject. It just pisses me off some people from the media want to make it controversial for the wrong reasons and lying about it. Also with the Robson bullshit going on.

Studying the lyrics of Do You Know Where Your Children Are is something that Michael probably would have wanted people to do, cause it has a powerful message to it

For the moment I see only fans making a song controversial...

The only reason it will stand out in modern pop music is because very few songs of today write narratives or songs with pure messages.

Does anyone remember the orgin of the original xscape leak? Was it a specific person within the fan community that leaked that song or was it an unknown source?

It was an unknown source from what I recall. It surfaced in August 2002 and Michael was pissed off.
At the time there was a lot of talk that Stuart Brawley (who was posting on forums under the name cartman) leaked it. Not sure if that was ever proven conclusively.

Jane's Got A Gun by Aerosmith was very controversial because she was a teenager/young woman who murdered her father who happened to be her rapist. Now a little girl prostitute, that's even more crude/brutal.

In the meantime, somewhere at a basketball court...

funny_sport_photo_06_display_image_display_image.jpg

SoCav;3980921 said:
At the time there was a lot of talk that Stuart Brawley (who was posting on forums under the name cartman) leaked it. Not sure if that was ever proven conclusively.

www.stuartbrawley.com/ said:
I produced several tracks for Michael Jackson’s posthumous release, “Michael.” That was tough to do. After spending a year with him in 2000/2001, his death was a very sad and surreal event. And to then work with his voice after the fact, well it was something I’ll never forget. Only three songs that we worked on were released, and only after other producers had fiddled with it, so it’s not how I wanted it to turn out.
Does someone know on which (unreleased) tracks he had worked on in 2010?

Does anyone remember the orgin of the original xscape leak? Was it a specific person within the fan community that leaked that song or was it an unknown source?

"Xscape" first leaked in December 2002 on the famous MJ web site known as "Jackson Dailynews" by that web site's owner, who was close to Sony and they gave him "Escape" just for a sneak preview, but he published it on that web site. Also this is 100% true, it's that guy who named it spelling "XScape" because in Michael's vaults it was still titled "Escape" - this was told by many sources and books, including Joe Vogel. I know this story from people who were personaly in contact with the guy who leaked it in 2002.

"Xscape" first leaked in December 2002 on the famous MJ web site known as "Jackson Dailynews" by that web site's owner, who was close to Sony and they gave him "Escape" just for a sneak preview, but he published it on that web site. Also this is 100% true, it's that guy who named it spelling "XScape" because in Michael's vaults it was still titled "Escape" - this was told by many sources and books, including Joe Vogel. I know this story from people who were personaly in contact with the guy who leaked it in 2002.
the same website mentioned back then that beside of xscape another song was prevented from being leaked. do you know more about it?

PROOF:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030208022820/http://www.jacksondailynews.net/latestnews.shtml
January 15, 2003
Michael's "Xscape" Escapes To The Internet

Does someone know on which (unreleased) tracks he had worked on in 2010?

Brawley worked on Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, and Monster. He was part of the Angelikson Production team.

the same website mentioned back then that beside of xscape another song was prevented from being leaked. do you know more about it?

You can see in in the archive of that web site, as far as I was told, those guys first brought so many exclusives and leaks, but that was very much different Internet in those years...

According to that web site, second song was "Still Got It", which I've never heard.

January 18, 2003
Another Escape: "Still Got It"

Another song of Michael Jackson named "Still Got It" has surfaced the Internet. We ask that anyone who has any information concerning this second song, please contact us straight away. We need to put a stop to this and close the links and web sites who are making it available for download.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030208022820/http://www.jacksondailynews.net/latestnews.shtml

December 30, 2002
Michael Jackson Works On New Song

We can now exclusively reveal that Michael Jackson has just put the finishing touches to a new song entitled "Xscape".
The up-tempo dance track has already been earmarked for a forthcoming project, which will be presented in 2003. Jackson Dailynews will keep you updated with news about this song and the relevant project, as we receive it.

According to that web site, second song was "Still Got It", which I've never heard.

January 18, 2003

Another song of Michael Jackson named "Still Got It" has surfaced the Internet. We ask that anyone who has any information concerning this second song, please contact us straight away. We need to put a stop to this and close the links and web sites who are making it available for download.

I think they're talking about "She Got It", not "Still Got It":

December 30, 2002
Michael Jackson Works On New Song

We can now exclusively reveal that Michael Jackson has just put the finishing touches to a new song entitled "Xscape".
The up-tempo dance track has already been earmarked for a forthcoming project, which will be presented in 2003. Jackson Dailynews will keep you updated with news about this song and the relevant project, as we receive it.

This one is false. Michael was working on new music at the time but he had no intentions of releasing a new project in 2003. At best, we wouldn't have seen it until late 2004/early 2005.

January 18, 2003

As previously mentioned, they meant She Got It from 1989.

This one is false. Michael was working on new music at the time but he had no intentions of releasing a new project in 2003. At best, we wouldn't have seen it until late 2004/early 2005.

Depends on what we call a "new project in 2003". By that time he had also done "We've Had Enough" and "One More Chance" that were officially released later those years, you can call "The Ultimate Collection" and "Number Ones" "projects" and we never know was Michael going to release a full new album after "Invincible" if not being stopped by Martin Bashir's "Living With Michael Jackson" aired in early 2003, and the court events followed that TV program.

^ No, along with the fake Ja Rule and Ashanti collaboration (that was "Get Out Of My Mind" by independent French singer Nicholas Piedra), the track "Still Got It" was a re-labelled "Man Of War" from The Jackson's Goin' Places album from 1977.
They were not talking about "She Got It" from the cancelled Dangerous bonus disc which leaked in 2006.

Xscape was given to some fans who kissed Brawley's ass in mid 2002, I heard it in Aug from one of those ass kissers, and it finally made its way for fans to download later in the year.

It's not good, to always want more, want better, want more unknown...
We should appreciate what we get, take it & be happy. And then, long after that, we can wait for the next MJ gift, which will be coming for sure.

I disagree with this point. If there were no complaints after the Michael and Bad 25 cds for various reasons, we would not have the pending deluxe version of Xscape.

Deluxe version will outsell the standard version because it has 17 tracks and it's not that expensive. Not because original versions are better than album versions.

For some fans, yes, the deluxe is the only option. For other fans and other consumers who are not fans that did not hear the leaks, the standard may be more preferable because it is cheaper. There is no reason for them to hear another version besides the current one and Estate/Sony knows that thus, the standard.

Looking back at Bad25, I believe the standard (which included the six demos) did not outsell the deluxe that included the performance dvd and live cd. I am sure there is no performance dvd this time or it would have been promoted as a selling point. Whatever is on the dvd is most likely fan favored because it is not being advertised and has not been targeted beyond fans. The standard has a very good chance of outselling the deluxe for Xscape.

Also this is 100% true, it's that guy who named it spelling "XScape" because in Michael's vaults it was still titled "Escape" - this was told by many sources and books, including Joe Vogel. I know this story from people who were personaly in contact with the guy who leaked it in 2002.

So disappointed Estate/Sony changed Michael's concepts and this time for a phone.

Please tell me you don't actually think that Xscape is titled such to tie in with the Xperia phone? It's the title that it was leaked under and a title fans are most familiar with.

Please tell me you don't actually think that Xscape is titled such to tie in with the Xperia phone? It's the title that it was leaked under and a title fans are most familiar with.

Remember, not everyone heard the leak that is why the standard is being released. Estate/Sony did not change it back to original title. Let us see what the demo is titled when the track list is published.

Estate/Sony did not change it back to original title. Let us see what the demo is titled when the track list is published.

Why then everywhere in every book and source including Joe Vogel's book it is named as "Escape" and mentioned that it was only leaked like "Xscape", but it's real original title IS "Escape"?

Rodney Jerkins said it has always been Xscape. That was the original title.

Back