Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I need the third single which wille be released as the second one right after the fourth one.

I need to get me a life. I've been like glued to this thread like my life depended on it ever since xscape was annonouced. Everyone at my workplace knows about it:p

What's all the fuss with "too short" & "only 8 songs" again?

I'll take 8 songs & 30-40 min of great HQ music over more music/songs with lesser quality anytime!

And we'll get at least 5 killer tracks, because 5 of the 6 we know ARE killer tracks.
And maybe LNFSG is also a killer with the new mix.
Then there are 2 songs we don't know really how they are: Chicago (SWLM) & one completely unknown - both could also be killers...

It's not good, to always want more, want better, want more unknown...
We should appreciate what we get, take it & be happy. And then, long after that, we can wait for the next MJ gift, which will be coming for sure.

This time they seem to make everything just right, we all should acknowledge that!

Weeks ago, everyone screamed for the OG demos & pleaded that if we'd only get that, all wood be great & fine.
Now that we get the OG versions that seems forgotten, and there is screaming & bickering again about what not...
UNthankful...

Great post!

Agree 100%. It seems there are a vocal minority that are just waiting to criticise anything and everything.

I, for one, will not let them drag my spirits down. I am more excited about this release than almost anything since MJ was taken away from us.

BRING IT ON! :chillin:

I need to get me a life. I've been like glued to this thread like my life depended on it ever since xscape was annonouced. Everyone at my workplace knows about it:p

If I were you...

...I wouldn't be me.

I need snippets!!! lol!

And that's a fact!

The so called new leak starts 12 secs into the song & ends abruptly almost in the middle of it.
Quality is the same as the leak i have for years.

No new leak! Some are dreaming again...

on first listening, in my opinion, it sounded like the new leak have a bit more dynamic, sounds a bit clearer.

Does anyone remember the orgin of the original xscape leak? Was it a specific person within the fan community that leaked that song or was it an unknown source?

Does anyone remember the orgin of the original xscape leak? Was it a specific person within the fan community that leaked that song or was it an unknown source?

I remember when it leaked. Fans were spreading the news, but nobody seemed to know who leaked it.

Not to mention that sales from a DVD standalone will not be counted towards album sales.

Yes, I believe Estate/Sony learned a lesson regarding packaging of a product from Bad25.

As far as Do You Know Where Your Children Are, the estate/Sony need to have the info of each and every track in the liner notes. When it was originally written and recorded...and where, and when it was remastered for this collection and by whom. I think having the FACTS listed about the song will debunk anything the media tries to create about the song.

- Do You Know as a single is a so-so situation. It's the strongest song on the album, but it will undoubtedly garner negative criticism, whether or not the estate outlines when it was recorded and how it has no connection to the Chandler case. And as I've said before, I would like for this release to go as controversy-free as humanly possible.

I think liner notes would help. I would appreciate Estate/Sony attempting to hinder expected controversies. Any ridiculous comments made after the release of this information would reveal the true agenda of those commentators.

When the album drops, at least give the new mixes a chance. Just because Michael did it doesn't automatically mean it's the best version.

This comment made me pause. While the contemporized versions may have merit, they are remixes. I agree with you that it does not matters much which one is more pleasing to the listener however, I am not inclined to dismiss Michael's version because it is more precious. That is why I hope the deluxe version outsells the standard.

At this moment, I do not know how the remix of Xscape sounds but, I had no issue with the version previously leaked. What will be interesting is if the demo version on the cd is the leaked version or a less realized version of the song.

on first listening, in my opinion, it sounded like the new leak have a bit more dynamic, sounds a bit clearer.

Maybe it's different source. But it's definitely not from the CD. It's fanmade.. you can tell because of the amateur ending.

Last edited:

That is why I hope the deluxe version outsells the standard.

Deluxe version will outsell the standard version because it has 17 tracks and it's not that expensive. Not because original versions are better than album versions.

And if so?

30 mins
33 mins
36 mins
39 mins

It doesn't matter! We'll get 8 songs. And if you're finished with the 8 songs, listen to the bonus tracks, the demos/OG's, or start at the beginning of the album.
It's that simple!

You are barking at wrong tree :bugeyed

Trust me, I wasn't complaining about the length of the album, I would buy that album even if there was only one song :wild:

I only questioned that it could be possible that media got short versions to keep them attentive?

typical sign of an addiction

Prince Of Pop said:
the estate/Sony need to have the info of each and every track in the liner notes. When it was originally written and recorded...and where, and when it was remastered for this collection and by whom.

more importantly in regard to the original mixes: what is the used source? Is it an existing and by MJ approved mix or is it posthumously mixed from the multitracks?

Last edited:

We'd better get something soon or this thread becomes something like this

asterix-fight.jpg

My "life" is sad, I've been glued to this thread as well but once I have my deluxe copy, I'll be happy.

i'm just looking forward to seeing the tracklisting get revealed, i am excited about the dvd.. i hope there's at least some studio footage, possibly featured on a making of featurette.. summer anthem, the duet with mary j. blige and d'angelo.. sorted :D

We'd better get something soon or this thread becomes something like this

asterix-fight.jpg

In any case since I joined this thread it has been caothic. I wish some people would stay on topic.

I really dont know how the hell the media will be able to flip DYKWYCA to something negative. The lyrics are clear as day, its not like he's singing about fondling little boys, its about a little girl whos being abused by her step daddy, thus running away and attempting to survive in a cold, dark world, where very few people are decent human beings...How can they just come out and say "New Michael Jackson song plays on his controversy with little boys", especially with the lyrics to the song. If its the strongest song on the album, itll probably be a single, which it deserves to be, if truly the case.

I really dont know how the hell the media will be able to flip DYKWYCA to something negative. The lyrics are clear as day, its not like he's singing about fondling little boys, its about a little girl whos being abused by her step daddy, thus running away and attempting to survive in a cold, dark world, where very few people are decent human beings...How can they just come out and say "New Michael Jackson song plays on his controversy with little boys", especially with the lyrics to the song. If its the strongest song on the album, itll probably be a single, which it deserves to be, if truly the case.

Well, the evidence showing he wasn't a pedophile was clear as day as well, but...............

I wouldn't put it past them....

It's an amazing song with deep lyrics, I really hope it gets the (proper) attention it deserves...

In any case since I joined this thread it has been caothic. I wish some people would stay on topic.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action."

Well, the evidence showing he wasn't a pedophile was clear as day as well, but...............

I wouldn't put it past them....

Shut up!

It was an unknown source from what I recall. It surfaced in August 2002 and Michael was pissed off.

This comment made me pause. While the contemporized versions may have merit, they are remixes. I agree with you that it does not matters much which one is more pleasing to the listener however, I am not inclined to dismiss Michael's version because it is more precious. That is why I hope the deluxe version outsells the standard.

I don't either. I've simply seen a number of fans say, "I'm not listening to the new version because it isn't what Michael worked on!!!!" and it's simply ludicrous. I personally feel everyone should give the new mixes a try and, if they don't like them, stick with the original versions. It's close minded to ignore the new versions entirely.

I hope that on DELUXE Xscape album there is at least one duet with Randy Watson.

randywatson.jpg

Back