Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

I'm just wondering how many new unheard songs will be on the album and how many of the leaked songs. I hope it's like a 7:3 ratio of unheard/leaked tracks.

I'm just wondering how many new unheard songs will be on the album and how many of the leaked songs. I hope it's like a 7:3 ratio of unheard/leaked tracks.

No one knows yet, gotta wait til that announcement :)

IF THERE IS NO ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK IM GONNA FRIGGEN...uhh who am i fooling, im gonna keep waiting..

Quick question guys..it seems from a lot of people's comments that there is a new album announcement imminent. Is this based on any reliable knowledge or source? I mean I want to get excited too but there really hasn't been anything to suggest that we would be getting anything before atleast November or December of this year..if anything.

Quick question guys..it seems from a lot of people's comments that there is a new album announcement imminent. Is this based on any reliable knowledge or source? I mean I want to get excited too but there really hasn't been anything to suggest that we would be getting anything before atleast November or December of this year..if anything.

The fact that the Michael Jackson Estate allowed use of a previously unreleased song in a new Sony Xperia commercial just a few weeks ago suggests we're gonna hear something in the not-so-distant future.

surely they would release the album before june 25th would they not? Or perhaps they are going to wait to do an end of year/xmas release.

surely they would release the album before june 25th would they not? Or perhaps they are going to wait to do an end of year/xmas release.

Sony Xperia Z2 will be released on April the 1st. If they wanted to release the album by the end of the year, they wouldn't have made a deal with Sony Mobile for the promotion.

An album release on Michael's death anniversary/birthday would be tacky. I pray they don't do that.

There's no way the album will be released any later than June. The Slave to the Rhythm commercial (which, mind you, has still not aired on television) was the first step of album promo.

An album release on Michael's death anniversary/birthday would be tacky. I pray they don't do that.

There's no way the album will be released any later than June. The Slave to the Rhythm commercial (which, mind you, has still not aired on television) was the first step of album promo.

I agree with you that would be tacky.

Has there be any word from the Estate yet?

If there was word from the Estate this place would blow up
it won't be unnoticed :)

They could be waiting for his Birthday. August
Seem all their releases have been later in the year

THIS IS IT
Oct 26

MICHAEL
Dec 10

Immortal
Nov 21

Bad 25
Sept 18

No, not tacky imo, just predictable.... and understandable. 5th anniversary is a good marketing opportunity. I've been saying its going to be June since last year and I stand by that. Personally can't understand why so many mj fans have been unable to see why June is a good idea ( tho the closer we get more people are starting to agree with me. )

No, not tacky imo, just predictable.... and understandable. 5th anniversary is a good marketing opportunity. I've been saying its going to be June since last year and I stand by that. Personally can't understand why so many mj fans have been unable to see why June is a good idea ( tho the closer we get more people are starting to agree with me. )

Fifth anniversary isn't noteworthy though. First anniversary is, as is the tenth anniversary (which is when the Estate is considering releasing more This Is It footage).

If the album does drop in June, people are going to think that it's connected to Michael's death anniversary, which is not necessarily the case. It could just be a release date.

Sony NEVER released anything linking to Michael's birthday in past 55 years.

I think they'll have some activities on his 60th birthday anniversary in 2018, maybe even releasing something, but that would probably be something like "The Best Of..." compilations of what we all have heard and seen before. But that's not this "new album".

And about the death anniversary - NO ONE and NEVER released anything linking to this kind of occasion: The Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra etc. ...

I think its safe to say if we don't hear anything at all before the month is over then they are probably planning an end of year release.

Sony NEVER released anything linking to Michael's birthday in past 55 years.

I think they'll have some activities on his 60th birthday anniversary in 2018, maybe even releasing something, but that would probably be something like "The Best Of..." compilations of what we all have heard and seen before. But that's not this "new album".

And about the death anniversary - NO ONE and NEVER released anything linking to this kind of occasion: The Beatles, Elvis, Sinatra etc. ...

never say never

remember KOP (King of Pop), it was released in commemoration of MJs 50th birthday

I don't like the idea of death anniversary releaese either. Birthday release is more acceptable but still a little tacky.

Birthday and Death release are both tacky and predictable.

I don't want to be reminded by the fact that our hero passed away 5 years ago.

His music needs to be underlined and accentuated.

I wouldn't worry . They are NOT going to do a death anniversary Album.
They are trying to keep his spirit alive through IMMORTAL, MJ ONE and his MUSIC.

i'm not hoping for anything, i'll just buy it when it come's.. we have enough to tide us over for now. still, 3-4 project in 3 years? sounds good.. would be nice if they use a high def show for D25.. but for now, i'm patiently expecting the album to drop by autumn at the latest.

Let's not even worry about D25 right now. That's still two years away. Let's just wait and see how this forthcoming album plays out.

OFF: The Xperia Z2 was confirmed in April by Sony.

We want some news estate!! The wait is killing us!!!!!! :lol:

They may still be working on songs and creating bonus features and not near ready to make an announcement. It never comes when fans expect it should come ... NEVER :)

They may still be working on songs and creating bonus features and not near ready to make an announcement. It never comes when fans expect it should come ... NEVER :)

If we get a disc of the original versions (which is possible) on the first disc, as well as the new remixes.. i hope they include some street/club mixes etc. get Nero in to remix one of the song's, the work he did on speed demon was magic. Truthfully, that's the only Michael Jackson remix i've ever liked..

I'll be honest, I can't wait for the new album but I'm pretty happy to just patiently wait for the next wee while :)

The anticipation is all part of the fun! :woohoo:

Not too much longer though, please Estate/Sony. I want some new MJ tunes to blast out! :chillin:

i hope they include some street/club mixes etc. get Nero in to remix one of the song's, the work he did on speed demon was magic. Truthfully, that's the only Michael Jackson remix i've ever liked..

NO. OH DEAR GOD NO. That was a fluke as far as I'm concerned. The remix of Speed Demon was good (albeit repetitive) but putting Pitbull on Bad was absolutely horrid. I don't want them taking that chance again.

Back