Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

:O qbee, you're teasing us! I'm fairly certain that this board gets announcements from the Online Team a few days prior to the actual announcement, but the team essentially can't talk about it. If I'm right.

In any case, come on Estate. Everyone is freaking out. Now is the time!

No we do not get any information before hand about any album. We find out when you do.

Now is not the time. The time is when they say it is time :)

Qbee is right. We don't get "shh you know first" stuff from Online Team. At most what we (and everyone) gets is "look for an announcement" notices - which gets shared publicly. There have been two instances we broke news before any official announcement. It was the name of the Cirque permanent show (One) and Bad25 logo and we got that information from public trademark registration reports. I could say that Online Team wasn't necessarily happy that we were being really resourceful. :) Robin Leach (journalist) who was trying to hype Estate's Cirque announcement , was ticked off that I was tweeting about the name of the permanent show days before announcement. Poor guy when realized the cat was out of the bag, tried to save it by saying stuff like "we don't know if it's 1, or one, or does it have MJ name" etc and I was tweeting "we know exactly what it is". :) anyway good times :p

What Qbee says is also common sense. We know that Online Team sends "look for an announcement in the coming days" when there's a big news coming up. Logically I don't think anyone expects a possible new album announcement to come out of the blue. I believe we expect a "heads up" notice first. So it's not that hard to say that it's probably not time yet.

Sorry about that qbee and ivy! I should know better than to not feed into rumors :p

But in any case, as far as I'm concerned, the Estate is marketing this exactly as it should be. Major news websites are posting articles/short comments on the upcoming album. A television commercial is getting hundreds of thousands of views on a daily basis. A producer who spearheaded the biggest-selling album of 2013 (Timbaland) is attached. And this is all before we even get an announcement.

This is how they should be building hype. I have no complaints. Of course I majorly wish an announcement would come soon, but as far as promoting goes, they're doing it perfectly.

We can only hope that this kind of promo continues long after the announcement is made :)

^It says its been out for 3 weeks / It has 9.5-10mill views / That's roughly 3.2 mill a week / 3.2/7 days is 457,142.. What am I missing?

^It says its been out for 3 weeks / It has 9.5-10mill views / That's roughly 3.2 mill a week / 3.2/7 days is 457,142.. What am I missing?

And that is great taking into account it's just a commercial with a snippet of Slave.

Quote from Pentum from back then. "Tell me when the commercial hit 10 mil views, and then we can say it was good" or something like that. :p

now-kiss-meme-math.jpg

No, I was saying "not really" to "his video has more views than most huge music videos."

youre right! lol.. more than many average rated music videos? haha

Alwaysthere, I believe it was to you that I said about protecting yourself with how you word things and 2 words cud save your life here..

That's another example of what I am talking about haha

It's pretty good for a phone commercial ! Thanks to MJ Fans!

Is there any other higher number of views for Iphone or Samsung??

oh, the joy of waiting for an album announcement that seems to be so far into the distance. we are all curious of when the day shall come, i just hope when it does get here.. it will be a treat for all to enjoy. something for everyone.

Why does everyone like Blue Gangster ?

I can see why it didn't make the album.

When only the "No Friend Of Mine" mix was leaked, I always thought he said "I'm the NEW gangster". I thought it was pretty awkward, hahaha.

It's a bad ass song. One of mikes best vocal deliveries :)
*edit* just noticed that Blue Gansta is nowhere to be found on youtube

Last edited:

I hear it today on YouTube!

I like it - because it's one the best unreleased songs that we know of.
It's completely different material/style than anything he did before & still has this enormous MJ feel to it. The harmonies, the vocals in general - Michael going all out (almost screaming), the overall style of the arrangement, the instruments - i could go on... I love the song, to me it's an instant classic, as in the league of other great MJ classics.
I also think Blue Gangster is the best work between MJ & Freeze. With APWNN coming in second & BOD third.

I can see why it didn't make the album.

The only reason i can see why it did not make the cut on Invincible is because it didn't fit the sound of the album. Though on the other hand IMHO Invincible would have greatly benefited from a little more diverse sound & some more SIGNATURE MJ tracks.

Yeah, like it's been said above: Blue Gangster is A BAD ASS BOMB song. ;-)
I can only hope that i will hear it in the HIGHEST possible quality SOON. (SOON!!!!)
(HOPEFULLY SOON!!!!!!!)

I hope Blue Gangster is on the next album. It's amazing! One of my fav parts is the breakdown where he says, "You make me wanna sing", and the harmonies after that. Wow. :yes:

I hope Blue Gangster is on the next album. It's amazing! One of my fav parts is the breakdown where he says, "You make me wanna sing", and the harmonies after that. Wow. :yes:

I agree with you! Ever since I first heard it, there hasn't been a day where I haven't listened to it!

I think they know what they are doing this time..

Look at us, we are feeling so much.. anxiousness, confusion, high interest... Phone geeks are hearing this, the numbers go higher and higher! 9.5 million views, many are simply fans of the phone. Once the phone is out there will be much less reason for them to look up an ad about it..

This video has more views than most huge music videos. It's averaging roughly 455,000 views a day... a day!!

To me it looks like they are going to keep fans wondering, phone geeks introduced to it, and then give it to us all (Fans and general public)

As annoyed as some are getting, as impatient as we all are.. I think It's safe to say we are anxious and excited like crazy!! And in all reality if we knew everything that we wanted to know, there would be less wonder(wonderment) about it..

You are so right. We are literally going crazy about this new album. The estate is doing a great job in peaking our interest .... I just wish it would come NOW!!!:bugeyed

I like it - because it's one the best unreleased songs that we know of.
It's completely different material/style than anything he did before & still has this enormous MJ feel to it. The harmonies, the vocals in general - Michael going all out (almost screaming), the overall style of the arrangement, the instruments - i could go on... I love the song, to me it's an instant classic, as in the league of other great MJ classics.
I also think Blue Gangster is the best work between MJ & Freeze. With APWNN coming in second & BOD third.

The only reason i can see why it did not make the cut on Invincible is because it didn't fit the sound of the album. Though on the other hand IMHO Invincible would have greatly benefited from a little more diverse sound & some more SIGNATURE MJ tracks.

Yeah, like it's been said above: Blue Gangster is A BAD ASS BOMB song. ;-)
I can only hope that i will hear it in the HIGHEST possible quality SOON. (SOON!!!!)
(HOPEFULLY SOON!!!!!!!)

Yes, yes yes!!! His vocal deliveries are perfection, just enjoy that song soooo much!

What is BOD?

If they haven't been contacted what were they doing with Bruce Swedien and the hard drives? Why can't this just make sense and here we go announcement album coming?!

Michael Prince reply me on twitter !

Michael Prince ?@MichaelPrinceMD 13 min.

@Sephiroth821 Neither Brad or me have been contacted by the Estate or Sony (as promised) to begin work on the new CD-smells a bit fishy !

https://twitter.com/MichaelPrinceMD/status/447891154277650432

This could mean 3 things.

1. They are intentionally trying to mislead fans.
2. They will have no involvement in the album..
3. The album is far from done.

Speculate away

This could mean 3 things.

1. They are intentionally trying to mislead fans.
2. They will have no involvement in the album..
3. The album is far from done.

Speculate away

God I hope it is 1 !!

Back