curve-cologne-liz-claiborne-cologne-spray-men577288.jpg

Bvlgari- Jasmine Noir,
Donna Karan- Black Cashmere ,
Guerlain-Insolence,
Dior-Addict...
Black Orchid by Tom Ford

1bg50d08530775d45dd34c2.jpg

(which I bought, 1 month ago)

^ That is Black Orchid by Tom Ford that Michael wore once in a while. The picture of Michael is edited on ;) It's gorgeous, I bought a bottle of it too.

Chance by Chanel is probably my favourite, it's just really expensive over here. But if I had to choose one that would probable be it.

really like Beauty by Calvin Klein. Got it from my boyfriend as a gift, love it!

My favorite.
L EAU PAR KENZO (pour homme)
S. T. DUPONT essence pure (homme)

Absolutely love my DKNY Woman...everyone asks me all the time what im wearing.
Its the most gorgeous, fresh smell everrrr :dance:

I used to love the Poison that was in a deep purple bottle that came in a green box but I cant find it anymore and dont like the 'new' one. I now am experimenting with new ones including some of my daughters and quite like her britney one

I'm a bit obsessed with perfumes (I own a lot of them; won't even name the number, hehe)
My favs are:
Narciso Rodriguez For Her
Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline
Chloe Chloe Love
CK Eternity

The fragrance is good?

Yes, that is definitely a fragrance that deserves the name perfume.

And it's definitely not a fragrance for people in any form of identity crisis. You need self-confidence to pull this one off. It's a gorgeous scent. Very complex. Not one dimensional at all.

It is not a flighty, fruity floral, not a 'fresh watery' scent that has dominated the perfume markets for the last 20 years.

I don't find it as 'overwhelming' as many describe it, but that has to do with my own body chemistry, my skin literally eats perfume and I'm lucky if I can find a perfume after 6 hours of applying it. I find it just right.

If you google, you'll find that people either love this one or hate it with a passion. Black Orchid definitely has the ability to polarize in 10 seconds or less. I nearly laughed my head off when reading some of the online reviews. You'll find comments such as "a scent of sweaty dancers giving each other the eye without even the effort to conceal that fact", to some very rated R comments, down to those who describe Black Orchid as "flowers to cover up the scent of grandpa's corpse in the parlor". Black Orchid does polarize.

When I apply Black Orchid, the scent on my skin comes out completely different to than what I would have thought it to be based on the scent in the bottle. I definitely get a big flower note (the orchid) at first, I even get the chocolate note that some have mentioned in the opening. Have you ever been in a room with the powerful scent of orchids in a bouquet- this magnifies the feeling.

I can't wear this every day, because it days play on my vampy side. I would not wear this one for a job interview, unless the potential employer is a self-secure, artistic person.

The scent definitely changes throughout the hours. I wished the opening floral note would hang around a tad longer, but I do like the way this scent changes. After the opening wears off, I get very subtle woody stuff, sometimes vanilla hints, some powder, some incense. (not a lot)
Definitely very unisex, but not bland. On the right wearer, male or female this can be the literal 'bomb'. I would classify Black Orchid in the 'bomb' category, ain't nothing subtle about his one!!

I tend to think if you're body chemistry can handle Chanel, then it can handle Black Orchid and Bal a Versailles. The 'overlap' between Bal a Versailles and Black Orchid is the element that some people describe as 'skank'- the civet note. Definitely not the scent of retiring and shy wallflowers, oh no. :D

Absolutely everything about Black Orchid is rather addicting. From the scent itself, down to the bottle. I ADORE the roaring 20ies Art Deco like bottle. Wonderful homage to ivory night gowns and everything that says self-confidence in a decade gone by. It does evoke some very retro imagery in my imagination. Smokey salons with cigars, art deco adorned cigarette etuis etc.

There's another scent that seems to cater a tad more toward the feminine side and that one is "Black Orchid Voile de fleur."

o.1819.jpg

That one is a tad more understated. The opening doesn't hit you in the head the way Black Orchid does and the middle notes seem very different. I would say that females who find the original Black Orchid just a tad 'too much of everything', might be the alternative audience for "Black Orchid Voile De Fleur." I wouldn't even describe it as a variant, although they start with the same idea. I find Voile De Fleur very "lovely" and classy. Good choice for when you're just not quite in the mood for the bomb of bombs that Black Orchid is.

If I ever had the opportunity to gift Michael with a perfume (and money was no issue)...I would gift him Guerlain's "Jicky". Definitely a 300 dollar a bottle pop in the parfum formulation. But based on Bal a Versailles, Black Orchid and the rumored Allure Homme preferences- I'd probably go insane standing next to him.

flacon-jicky.jpg

That or
muscs-koublai-khan.jpg
Has a hard in the self-containment department just imagining how incredible that baby would smell on him.

And it's definitely not a fragrance for people in any form of identity crisis. You need self-confidence to pull this one off. It's a gorgeous scent. Very complex. Not one dimensional at all.

It is not a flighty, fruity floral, not a 'fresh watery' scent that has dominated the perfume markets for the last 20 years.

I don't find it as 'overwhelming' as many describe it, but that has to do with my own body chemistry, my skin literally eats perfume and I'm lucky if I can find a perfume after 6 hours of applying it. I find it just right.

If you google, you'll find that people either love this one or hate it with a passion. Black Orchid definitely has the ability to polarize in 10 seconds or less. I nearly laughed my head off when reading some of the online reviews. You'll find comments such as "a scent of sweaty dancers giving each other the eye without even the effort to conceal that fact", to some very rated R comments, down to those who describe Black Orchid as "flowers to cover up the scent of grandpa's corpse in the parlor". Black Orchid does polarize.

When I apply Black Orchid, the scent on my skin comes out completely different to than what I would have thought it to be based on the scent in the bottle. I definitely get a big flower note (the orchid) at first, I even get the chocolate note that some have mentioned in the opening. Have you ever been in a room with the powerful scent of orchids in a bouquet- this magnifies the feeling.

I can't wear this every day, because it days play on my vampy side. I would not wear this one for a job interview, unless the potential employer is a self-secure, artistic person.

The scent definitely changes throughout the hours. I wished the opening floral note would hang around a tad longer, but I do like the way this scent changes. After the opening wears off, I get very subtle woody stuff, sometimes vanilla hints, some powder, some incense. (not a lot)
Definitely very unisex, but not bland. On the right wearer, male or female this can be the literal 'bomb'. I would classify Black Orchid in the 'bomb' category, ain't nothing subtle about his one!!

I just bought a bottle of Black Orchid but I didn't open it yet, I'll wait until June 25th.

Thanks for the review.:)

I tend to think if you're body chemistry can handle Chanel, then it can handle Black Orchid and Bal a Versailles. The 'overlap' between Bal a Versailles and Black Orchid is the element that some people describe as 'skank'- the civet note. Definitely not the scent of retiring and shy wallflowers, oh no. :D

Absolutely everything about Black Orchid is rather addicting. From the scent itself, down to the bottle. I ADORE the roaring 20ies Art Deco like bottle. Wonderful homage to ivory night gowns and everything that says self-confidence in a decade gone by. It does evoke some very retro imagery in my imagination. Smokey salons with cigars, art deco adorned cigarette etuis etc.

There's another scent that seems to cater a tad more toward the feminine side and that one is "Black Orchid Voile de fleur."

o.1819.jpg

That one is a tad more understated. The opening doesn't hit you in the head the way Black Orchid does and the middle notes seem very different. I would say that females who find the original Black Orchid just a tad 'too much of everything', might be the alternative audience for "Black Orchid Voile De Fleur." I wouldn't even describe it as a variant, although they start with the same idea. I find Voile De Fleur very "lovely" and classy. Good choice for when you're just not quite in the mood for the bomb of bombs that Black Orchid is.

If I ever had the opportunity to gift Michael with a perfume (and money was no issue)...I would gift him Guerlain's "Jicky". Definitely a 300 dollar a bottle pop in the parfum formulation. But based on Bal a Versailles, Black Orchid and the rumored Allure Homme preferences- I'd probably go insane standing next to him.

flacon-jicky.jpg

That or
muscs-koublai-khan.jpg
Has a hard in the self-containment department just imagining how incredible that baby would smell on him.

Now I understand why Michael chose this perfume.... :shifty: Thanks for responding! ;) I will definitely buy this perfume. :wild: The smell of Michael will be on my skin. :naughty:

Chance by Chanel is pretty special. :wub:

I love many things Chanel and I have a small bottle of Eau de Toilette of Chance. I'm curious about the parfum formulation. The spices in the opening probably really come out in the parfum.
I like how it changes. It starts out very spicy on me, but I adoooooore the way it mellows out throughout the hours, almost vanilla, but not quite. Hint of nutmeg, almost. Very sophisticated, you could wear that just about anywhere without 'offending' anyone, but it's not so agreeable that it's boring.

I've just finished my bottle of Calvin Klein Obsession which I've had for ages and I'm now trying out Diamonds which was a Christmas present from my sister-in-law.

I really want to try this one:

1740.jpg

HistoiresdeParfums said:
1740--Marquis de Sade
woody chypre; masc.
Top Note: Bergamot, Davana Sensualis
Heart Note: Patchouli, Coriander, Cardamom
Base Note: Cedar, Birch, Labdanum, Leather, Vanilla, Elemi, Immortelle

Birth year of a Parisian gentleman, named Donatien-Alphonse-François, which posterity remembers as the Marquis de Sade. For this man, whose licentious morals had him imprisoned many times, luxury rhymes with literature. The libertine writer would undoubtedly have enjoyed the audacity of this spiced wooded scent, an invitation to pleasure with its bergamot and Davana Sensualis hints, rounded with patchouli and everlasting flower.

Originality: liquor leather tones, davana sensualis, labdanum, patchouli and dry fig. Timeless perfume.
(Chypre composition: bergamot, cedar moss, labdanum, patchouli)
Moods: dark facet, mysterious.

I started to wear perfume just a while ago, so I don't know many yet. Now I feel like I want to go to the shop and smell the perfumes everyone's posting! :D

I love Heat by Beyonce:)
I love that too!
EAU de ICEBERG 74 is my new favourite and I like DKNY's Be delicious too :)

Back