It's Been A Year Since We Lost Michael's' Dearest Friend Liz Taylor

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
I know this isn't the right section but I thought Liz deserves her a thread in this section of the forums. We miss you Liz! Take care of Mike up there! :heart:

tumblr_m1cdjj2e0n1rql0oto1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1cbdnvP8i1qd1j5o.jpg

tumblr_lzd0mrnm0t1qb9vkco2_250.png

Elizabeth Taylor Remembered by Life.com on Anniversary of Her Death

BY STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN

Friday March 23, 2012 08:00 AM EDT

liz-taylor-300.jpg

It was not only her great beauty that made Elizabeth Taylor a star, it was how she lived her life and shared her good fortune with others. Because of her many gifts, her name will live on long after her death, which took place exactly a year ago, March 23.

To mark the anniversary, Life.com has assembled a special gallery of the legend who graced the weekly magazine's cover a record 14 times – starting on July 14, 1947, when Taylor was only 15 but already an MGM star for having created a sensation three years before, in National Velvet.

The 13 never-before-published photos all come from Life's visit with Taylor and her similarly stunning costar (and close friend) Montgomery Clift on the Paramount lot while the two were making the 1951 tragic drama A Place in the Sun.

It was in that classic film that Taylor wore a party dress by costume designer Edith Head that an entire generation of high-school girls then imitated for their prom gowns – just as Liz's wedding dress in Father of the Bride served as the model when American brides walked down the aisle.

As nearly any photo of her proves, rarely is the word "icon" so accurate as when it is applied to Elizabeth Taylor.

To see the Life.com gallery, click here.
Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift: Unpublished Photos From the Set of 'A Place in the Sun' - LIFE

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

We love you so much dear Elizabeth.

Thank you so much for supporting Michael and standing by his side no matter what.

Michael knew true beauty when he saw it in you, Dame Elizabeth. I just know that you and Frank and Whitney are now full of peace in Heaven. We miss you, we love you...we'll see you again.

There was a documentary on liz taylor giving her life story through her jewellery collection last week on uk channel 4 - it was really good, lots of news footage. MJ appeared towards the end. All very glamorous, and you really got a feel for how much mj and liz had in common - they were both such stars.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/elizabeth-taylor-auction-of-a-lifetime/4od

I think the link will only be for the uk, it's available to view for another 3 weeks.

I saw that documentary about Liz and her jewellery, was really interesting and i'm glad that Michael
got a mention it :).

Is it already more than a YEAR?! Geez, times go fast.

Be happy together now, Liz and Michael, for always :heart:

Back