Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re: Channel 5 Autopsy Program

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
Hello:

Although it is not possible for the Estate to bring legal action to stop the broadcast of the program about the autopsy performed on Michael, the Executors want Michael's fans to know that letters have been sent to the broadcaster and station owner expressing the Estate's disgust at those who heartlessly work to profit from the most banal, salacious details of Michael's death. In part, the letter from John Branca and John McClain asks Channel 5 to show good taste and common decency by canceling Tuesday’s planned airing of Autopsy: Michael Jackson’s Last Hours. The letter also states: "Despite Channel 5’s cynical and disingenuous promotions claiming Autopsy 'separates fact from fiction,' it is nothing more than another sleazy tabloid program exploiting Michael’s tragic and untimely death.....Separating 'fact from fiction,' the Michael Jackson his friends and family knew was a loving father, a global entertainment icon and humanitarian devoted to making the world better. His children do not deserve to see their father’s death callously exploited out of greed because a new TV series desperately wants to attract viewers."

The Executors share the fans hope that Channel 5 show the good judgment to cancel the broadcast of this distasteful program.

Regards

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Aren't they going to be talking about stuff like the fact he actually DID have vitiligo and didn't bleach his skin? I can only see good coming from something like that, a lot of people will see this and know that as fact who don't know it already.

I've got to be honest, when I heard of it I instantly thought it was a good thing because that information would get out to more people. I haven't seen the documentary though obviously so I wouldn't know, but my first reaction was it would be a good thing :S

Is this the same programe they were going to show in 2009/2010?
They cancelled it at that time because there was a bit of a backlash, but I guess they have just been waiting for the negative feeling to die down.
I saw the TV advert for this last night and am disgusted. I'll send them an email but I guess it might be too late to stop it.

If anybody else is interested please contact Channel 5 ASAP!

Leave comments on the show's page here:
http://www.channel5.com/shows/autop.../episodes/autopsy-michael-jacksons-last-hours

Email customer services here:
customerservices@five.tv

The Director of Programmes at Channel 5 is called Ben Frow.

His email address is

Ben.Frow@five.tv

CONFIRMED: THIS IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF BEN FROW (DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMES AT CHANNEL 5!)
I just received an email reply from him. Didn't say much of any use, but it's still good to know it's a valid email address.

It may be advisable to send your own emails ASAP in the next few hours!

Last edited:
Aren't they going to be talking about stuff like the fact he actually DID have vitiligo and didn't bleach his skin? I can only see good coming from something like that, a lot of people will see this and know that as fact who don't know it already.

I've got to be honest, when I heard of it I instantly thought it was a good thing because that information would get out to more people. I haven't seen the documentary though obviously so I wouldn't know, but my first reaction was it would be a good thing :S

This is the description of the show
"In the first of three hour-long documentaries, world-renowned forensic pathologist Dr Richard Shepherd investigates the death of Michael Jackson, 'The King of Pop'. He was the biggest-selling recording artist of all time, but when he suddenly died at just 50 years old, he left $400 million in debts and more questions than answers.

The evidence revealed by his autopsy shows a severely sick man. Jackson was plagued by complications from his many plastic surgeries, suffered from two rare skin conditions and was riddled with arthritis. His lungs were severely damaged, he had an enlarged prostate, and was still suffering the effects of a horrific accident that left him partially bald.

The most startling evidence, however, uncovers the bewildering number of drugs that were coursing through his veins, bearing witness to a number of addictions that had spiralled out of control. It was Jackson's desperate battle against insomnia, however, that would ultimately cost him his life."

There are some blatant inaccuracies in there that directly contradict the coroner's findings.
Sure, there will be some good stuff there (like confirming he had Vitiligo) but it will be outweighed by a world-renowned 'expert' talking about MJ's "drug addictions" and sensationalising other details. From the description this 'expert' is being paid to twist the truth, and C5 must know it.

Is this the same programe they were going to show in 2009/2010?
They cancelled it at that time because there was a bit of a backlash, but I guess they have just been waiting for the negative feeling to die down.
I saw the TV advert for this last night and am disgusted. I'll send them an email but I guess it might be too late to stop it.

From what i understood is that it was a discovery channel prog that was cancelled, this one seems to be different. The cancelled one was meant to be an actual reenactment of the autopsy, really tasteless and macarbre, i'm not sure that is the approach here, whether it will just be talking heads talking about mj - you know matt fiddes, uri, that jason soulmate guy from klein's clinic, the usual suspects with their 'insights'.

I also think a reason the previous prog was cancelled was that it was to be broadcast before the murray trial, and cd interfere with court processes. There's no grounds now like that unfortunately. Channel 5 got 1.15m watching mj's this is it on xmas day, so fingers crossed that they get less for this rubbish.

The evidence revealed by his autopsy shows a severely sick man. Jackson was plagued by complications from his many plastic surgeries, suffered from two rare skin conditions and was riddled with arthritis. His lungs were severely damaged, he had an enlarged prostate, and was still suffering the effects of a horrific accident that left him partially bald.

The most startling evidence, however, uncovers the bewildering number of drugs that were coursing through his veins, bearing witness to a number of addictions that had spiralled out of control. It was Jackson's desperate battle against insomnia, however, that would ultimately cost him his life."

There are some blatant inaccuracies in there that directly contradict the coroner's findings.
Sure, there will be some good stuff there (like confirming he had Vitiligo) but it will be outweighed by a world-renowned 'expert' talking about MJ's "drug addictions" and sensationalising other details. From the description this 'expert' is being paid to twist the truth, and C5 must know it.

They like to dramatize it, don't they?

His autopsy did not reveal a "severly sick man" - on the contrary. In fact, the coroner testified under oath that he was in a good health for his age. He had some health issues, but far from how they dramatize it here. "Severly damaged lungs"? BS. He had some inflammation in his lungs but they weren't "severly damaged". "Riddled with arthritis"? He had some arthritis but many people do at this age yet they aren't called "severly sick" for it. Same with the prostate. And don't even get me started on their sensationalism on the drugs.

Yet another trashy, sensationalized, disrespectful, misleading BS it seems.

I have posted a comment on CH5 web asking them not to show this prog. This Richard Shepherd is another "expert" like Murray was an "expert". Why does this happen to Miohael, it doesn't happen to other celebs. Sometimes I just despair of the human race.

^^^^well actually it's happening to Whitney Houston and Anna Nicole Smith as well.

This is the description of the show
"In the first of three hour-long documentaries, world-renowned forensic pathologist Dr Richard Shepherd investigates the death of Michael Jackson, 'The King of Pop'. He was the biggest-selling recording artist of all time, but when he suddenly died at just 50 years old, he left $400 million in debts and more questions than answers.

It's fairly bad but not too bad, worse documentaries have been on TV...much worse. At least this one is spreading a bit of truth which people do need to know.

I don't know, I'm unsure about this one to be honest. Maybe I'm just so glad they are going to spread the fact he had vitiligo that I don't mind a bit of negativity coming with it.

Yeah it sums things up when this is seen ad a good docu.but rather this than the typical hatchett job. anyway ill be in sunny spain on tues. so f*** uk broadcasting

It's fairly bad but not too bad, worse documentaries have been on TV...much worse. At least this one is spreading a bit of truth which people do need to know.

I don't know, I'm unsure about this one to be honest. Maybe I'm just so glad they are going to spread the fact he had vitiligo that I don't mind a bit of negativity coming with it.

A "bit" of negativity? Instead of one lie spreading several others? At least if the written description represents what's gonna be in the film.

Four years have passed, Michael's life and his death was dissected by everyone like a spectacle of entertainment. Why is there still a need to keep digging/dissecting? For people continue beating Michael? We do not have enough? Leave Michael alone! :perrin:

It's abit of a contridiction on Channel 5's part to be honest, considering they were promoting the TV premier of This Is It on their channel during Christmas. Another typical bullsh*t program, not worth wasting your time/ life watching. Use your time on earth wisely and do youself a favour and don't watch. Go on youtube instead and watch an MJ video.

I have written a letter of complaint to Channel 5. However, I doubt they will pay it any notice whatsoever. I have also advised them that I will escalate this complaint to Ofcom should they decide to proceed with the broadcast, due to the "documentary" being in poor taste, insensitive, medically inaccurate and against medical ethical principles, as a practicing doctor in the UK. I certainly plan to follow through with this and urge others to do the same.

Well I've set this up to record on my Sky box and intend to watch it.

Should I just completely boycott it though? I'd rather know what the content was to be able to discredit it when people say to me 'oh what did you think of that Michael Jackson show the other night?'....

Well I've set this up to record on my Sky box and intend to watch it.

Should I just completely boycott it though? I'd rather know what the content was to be able to discredit it when people say to me 'oh what did you think of that Michael Jackson show the other night?'....

I wouldn't watch it. Watching it means giving channel 5 more views and if they get views then they'll never stop with this B.S.

Saw an advert for it just then, the photos on the advert was generally positive, instead of focusing on photos from 2000-2006, like other T.V documentaries have done. This advert had been shown at the ad break for Big Brother, this is widely watched in the UK and the broadcast for this show is right after Big Brother - Oh no :/

Doesnt make much diff unless u have a box recording what u view. personally i dont see how anyone could watch something so tasteless.

Doesnt make much diff unless u have a box recording what u view. personally i dont see how anyone could watch something so tasteless.

Well it's being presented as the facts of the autopsy. My instincts tell me it will be far from fact based but I won't know until I watch will I?

It's not as if it's that god awful Michael Jackson's Boys crap.

Well it's being presented as the facts of the autopsy. My instincts tell me it will be far from fact based but I won't know until I watch will I?

It's not as if it's that god awful Michael Jackson's Boys crap.

Exactly, it's far from the worst thing that's been on. I am still undecided about it, I certainly don't think it deserves all the fuss in here to be honest.

I won't watch the BS. I already have all the facts I need from reading MJ's autopsy. If any fool starts talking false crap based on this show I have enough facts to cut them to shreds.

To even think of what was done to mj is upsetting enough let alone to watch it. .if ppl wanna watch it thats upto them it makes no diff

The coroner testified twice: In the Muarry trial and the AEG trial. The autopsy report is available and we have a huge thread on it. If anyone wants the facts^^ you can get it from the autopsy and the coroner's 2 testimonies, so to say you are watching that show to get facts is not being honest. I think anyone who wants to look at the show, should simple say I am interested in something like this and I am going to watch it. There is no need to pretend that one's interest is about the great facts or to know what to say to people. The coroner's report was out with information that Michael had vitiligo. That was also stated in the trials and some papers reported it. It was also said on TV and still some people continue to say otherwise, so just look at the show because you want to. The truth about Michael and the autopsy findings is already out.

Yes anyone who watches ior records will only be giving Channel 5 the ratings they are looking for.

As already stated there is a thread right here one MJJC with all the facts from the autopsy.

As I said earlier in another thread, I find the whole concept of the show in bad taste and crosses the line in terms of decency and respect. This is a series whose sole purpose is to pick over the bones of the dead, to dissect every part and link it to a lifestyle. I object not only on Michaels behalf but for Whitney and Anna-Nicole's as well.

It is up to an individual if you feel this kind of programme is for you, it's not for me. However if you do chose to watch it and it is inaccurate then I hope that you will file a complaint with Ofcom.

They dont show actual footage of autopsy right?
Then it shouldnt be boycoted,people will know about his adiction but they already know than.Now they can have proof that he wasnt bleached his skin,he had vitiligo...

They dont show actual footage of autopsy right?
Then it shouldnt be boycoted,people will know about his adiction but they already know than.Now they can have proof that he wasnt bleached his skin,he had vitiligo...

I admire your optimism, I'm afraid I'm rather cynical. We are all free to have our own opinions and if you feel it's ok then you don't have to support any boycott.

Back