Michael Jackson's Snakes Find New Home in Fruita Children's Nature Center

qbee

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Snakes Find New Home in Fruita
By Emily Fredrick: Sun, 02 Mar 2014

FRUITA, Colo. - Warmer temperatures have allowed Fruita Children's Nature Center to bring in more animals, drawing in more visitors

30a87iq.jpg

View video on website

"In January we were very cautious because of the cold weather, we wanted to make sure that all of the animals were very safe when they came in because they are shipped to us, and we wanted to make sure no one was in a package where it ended up being too cold, so a lot of them have been arriving," said the Nature Center's Sunday manager, Bea Sullivan, "within the past two weeks we've gotten so many animals in here that we hadn't had before. The frogs have arrived and they are very small and the little kids they love getting to see the beautiful bright colors that they have.

We did get the snakes recently within the past couple of weeks, several of them did come from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, they are very tame and they like to engage with people, and that is fun for the community to get to see."

Community members have been stopping by to see the new animals including local students hoping to work in a zoo one day.

"We've had lots of professors from CMU stop in, and we're so glad to have them, they have been bringing students with them. Today we had a 10 o'clock opening just for them, so they could see how we take care of the animals and what we do as our set up every single day," said Sullivan.

"This is the only opportunity for them to get this type of experience. A lot of biology students want to work in places like zoos and things like that so they are able to get this experience to help them get their foot in the door somewhere else," said Colorado Mesa University assistant biology professor, Dr. Eriek Hansen.

As the weather continues to get warmer, the Nature Center will be receiving a shipment of honey bees to educate the community about the important role they play in local orchard pollination.

For more information about the Children's Nature Center click here. http://www.gvzooquest.org/

Source: http://www.krextv.com/story/michael-jackson-s-snakes-find-new-home-in-fruita-20140302

Re: Michael Jackson's Snakes Find New Home in Fruita

These are new pics on the Zoo's FB page . I think it may be Michael's Jackson Albino Burmese Python (Madonna) from Neverland . If it is they have renamed it Sunshine. :) I have sent them a message asking if it is and what other snakes they have from Neverland . Ill let you know if I get a reply .

UPDATE :)
Grand Valley Zoological Quest We received four snakes from Freddie Hancock who has several of Michael Jackson's animals. She said two of the snakes, Sunshine the Albino Burmese Python and Kermit the patternless green Burmese Python were indeed from Neverland Ranch.

Grand Valley Zoological Quest - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/gvzoo

1799174_747848371894097_1242831648_o.jpg

Our snake expert, Alan Snow holds the head of our new Albino Burmese Python

1655752_749236911755243_995423128_o.jpg
Our Snake expert, Alan Snow, with Sunshine our albino Burmese Python

I did not follow--did they say they got snakes couple of weeks ago from Neverland? Or do they mean they got some additional snakes a couple of weeks ago? I thought the animals left Neverland years ago? Maybe the snakes were elsewhere after they came from Neverland and a couple of weeks ago the new owners gave them to this zoo.

They didn't just get them from Neverland, they were originally from Neverland. They didn't state where they just came from though

Nice to know That, (Maybe) Madonna and the other Snakes are settling in their new home

Last edited:
Here is a DM I received from the Zoo about the origin of the snakes they received. Yes the above yellow Albino Burmese (Sunshine) was indeed Michael's snake. They also have a patternless Green Burmese that is Michael's
Grand Valley Zoological QuestWe received four snakes from Freddie Hancock who has several of Michael Jackson's animals. She said two of the snakes, Sunshine the Albino Burmese Python and Kermit the patternless green Burmese Python were indeed from Neverland Ranch.

Someone posted this on my FB :)

1798451_10203243370989061_564007220_n.jpg

^ She is nice. I like her. She must be 20 plus years now ?

Does anyone know where Michael´s elephants are?

here is a dm i received from the zoo about the origin of the snakes they received. Yes the above yellow albino burmese (sunshine) was indeed michael's snake. They also have a patternless green burmese that is michael's

someone posted this on my fb :)

man that snake is huge!

Great news! Michael would definitely be pleased :D I'd still love to know were the rest of the animals are? maybe I'm way behind on this, but Muscles, Louie, the elephants and such...?

Here is a DM I received from the Zoo about the origin of the snakes they received. Yes the above yellow Albino Burmese (Sunshine) was indeed Michael's snake. They also have a patternless Green Burmese that is Michael's

Someone posted this on my FB :)

These kids are very brave.

What about Ray and Charles was their part of the animals that Michael kept at Neverland?

Am I the only one who think snakes are gross? Or are others trying not to mention it??

Am I the only one who think snakes are gross? Or are others trying not to mention it??
NO, I'm with you. snakes freak me out. then when I think about what they eat. they eat rats and that freaks me out even more. rats give me the shivers. they scare and freak me out. I don't see how some people can have rats for pets. I just cant do it. and I believe if I'm not mistaken. Michael also had rats for pets when he was little. SORRY NOT ME.lol.

Snakes are misunderstood animals as are rats. I had rats as pets for years and they do make great pets. They're like small dogs in behavior really. Unfortunately both animals and plenty of others get a bad rap because of the way media portrays them. Sounds like someone I know...maybe that's why Michael was drawn to having them as pets. Sorry if I'm getting off topic, but I think people are conditioned to fear these animals because of their representations in media.

Snakes are misunderstood animals as are rats. I had rats as pets for years and they do make great pets. They're like small dogs in behavior really. Unfortunately both animals and plenty of others get a bad rap because of the way media portrays them. Sounds like someone I know...maybe that's why Michael was drawn to having them as pets. Sorry if I'm getting off topic, but I think people are conditioned to fear these animals because of their representations in media.

NO, you're fine. this is something to think about. they still scare the heck out of me though. I think it would take me a long time before I would get over the fear of snakes and rats.

Back