So, do y'all think MJ's estate is going to do something involving Thriller this year?

there's nothing that can be said about Thriller that's hasn't already been said or done.....Thriller 25 has already hit, Thriller video can be seen on youtube and it still and always will be the greatest music video of all time, the making of Thriller can be seen on youtube.........it was an epic moment in time, that can not be rehashed

There's more to Michael Jackson than just Thriller.

Exactly this. They keep on focusing on the Quincy produced albums. The Estate has to put the Dangerous album in the apot lights and show the general public that this album is a masterpiece.

They keep ignoring post Thriller albums.

Exactly this. They keep on focusing on the Quincy produced albums. The Estate has to put the Dangerous album in the apot lights and show the general public that this album is a masterpiece.

They keep ignoring post Thriller albums.

They chide the post Thriller albums because of his newfound image that started in the late 80s, thats the problem, thats wht they keep focusing on his first two albums because that was not a problem when they were released

This is something that keeps coming back up.

I feel like they will do something. An all new transfer for blu-ray or something.

I'm not necessarily keen on an all out focus on the Thriller album but the video itself is something I'd quite like them to turn to.

I would love to see one out of these 4 things done.

1. The remake of Thriller on DVD or Blu-ray clear and sharp picture. like to have a copy of it.
2. Thriller Doc
3. Dangerous
4. Invincible (maybe)

Was it mention that the Estate want to do something with Thriller for Halloween this year?

Couldn't agree more!! The more the promote talk about Thriller era material, the more the general public will think that's the only thing Michael did, and that is a crime

It's similar to what's happening to Prince at the minute with people just talking about Purple Rain and nothing else..

Asked what’s next from the Jackson content laboratory, Branca notes he and his team prefer to develop material quietly and then deliver. But, he adds, “We definitely have some fun stuff coming up.”

"“That’s definitely a candidate,” said Branca, who added that there will Halloween-themed events around the album next year, its 35th anniversary. "
http://www.billboard.com/articles/e...hael-jackson-more-movies-showtime-documentary

Something is coming out this year or next year, but Branca says in that BB interview "events around the album next year , its 35th anniversary," but Thriller's 35th anniversary is 2018 or what anniversary he talking about next year?

but Thriller's 35th anniversary is 2018 or what anniversary he talking about next year?

Well the if he's talking about the ALBUM which came out at the end of '82, then it's 2017. MUSIC VIDEO it's 2018. Kinda like how Thriller 25 was 2008, even though the album came out in 1982. Gives them a good bit of leeway I suppose.

TBH the ONLY reason I want to see a big project done for Thriller is to see it hit 40x plat.
You all should've seen some of the people in the comment sections on various websites when the news broke that Thriller had hit 30x plat.
Haters were having full blown meltdowns.
It was funny as heck.:rofl:

Last edited:
TBH the ONLY reason I want to see a big project done for Thriller is to see it hit 40x plat.
You all should've seen some of the people in the comment sections on various websites when the news broke that Thriller had hit 30x plat.
Haters were having full blown meltdowns.
It was funny as heck.:rofl:

Its good to see MJ do well, but Id rather a release that didn't rest on his best selling time period.

there's nothing that can be said about Thriller that's hasn't already been said or done.....Thriller 25 has already hit, Thriller video can be seen on youtube and it still and always will be the greatest music video of all time, the making of Thriller can be seen on youtube.........it was an epic moment in time, that can not be rehashed

To be fair, they never did do a full documentary on Thriller like they have for Bad/OTW.

The EPK they did for Thriller 25 wasn't enough. A re-release/reissue isn't necessary but a documentary wouldn't hurt.

Honestly, as much as I love Thriller, if they release a Thriller doc before a dangerous one I'm going to be like.
Cgp8ysuXEAAk8NF.jpg

Back