Questions, Comments, Concerns to AEG Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJC Twitter

Proud Member
We will be gathering your questions, comments and concerns about AEG's handling of the O2 Concerts and we will be handing them directly to our AEG contact for an exclusive interview. Please place your questions in this thread.

Your questions cannot be rude/disrespectful whatsoever. If they are, they will not be included. We will be picking 15 questions/comments to give to AEG. Your questions can be about tickets, the concert, & concerns.

We're aiming to clarify some confusion and going directly to AEG is the only way to do it.

This thread will be closed in 2 days so ask away. Thanks!

I'd like to ask what happens in houseshare and student accomodation situations where more than a few strangers share the same billing address and, thus, possibly exceeding the total ticket limit. Is it fair to have tickets cancelled on such occasions?

why the refusals to work with fanclubs to ensure that the FANS who you asked to attend the press conference and oliver to give mj good P.R then get tickets to see mj in concert. i doubt mj would approve of the way we have been treated. does he even know about the situation many of those fans who spent 12hrs a day outside his hotel in London the other week now find themselves in. i guess when you want us to help create good p.r we are of use but now that the tickets will sell regardless we dont matter.

why no standing area. havnt u seen what a mj concert is like. how do u justify fans having to pay £800 to be near the front when if it were standing room it would be a case of who ques longest.doesnt this show its all about the $ and the fans are irrelevent

why the refusals to work with fanclubs to ensure that the FANS who you asked to attend the press conference and oliver to give mj good P.R then get tickets to see mj in concert. i doubt mj would approve of the way we have been treated. does he even know about the situation many of those fans who spent 12hrs a day outside his hotel in London the other week now find themselves in. i guess when you want us to help create good p.r we are of use but now that the tickets will sell regardless we dont matter.

To be fair, they didn't refuse all fanclubs. We know of another one beside ours that they are working with. A lot of fanclubs came at them with the entitlement approach and they rebuked it from what I'm gathering. And can you be a bit more clear with your question? You say this,

does he even know about the situation many of those fans who spent 12hrs a day outside his hotel in London the other week now find themselves in.

How did AEG specifically treat the fans you are speaking of? Did you guys expect priority tickets? I'm not trying to insult or anything just trying to understand your question. Are you asking AEG why they didn't treat all the fanclubs with priority and give them tickets first?

Since Randy Phillips has been quoted in an interview that Michael Jackson will be singing rather than miming his performances (when asked about this issue), will ticket holders be entitled to a refund if this is not the case?

To be fair, they didn't refuse all fanclubs. We know of another one beside ours that they are working with. A lot of fanclubs came at them with the entitlement approach and they rebuked it from what I'm gathering.

well giving a handful of tickets to some fanclubs is just as bad as giving them nothing. 8 tickets to mjjc members. that is frankly insulting. how about the 1500 plus or so given for 2 msg concerts for everyone who wanted to travel. they obvously have no real ntrest in working clubs as was done over the last decade

Which one?

They didn't tell us which one but we do have a clue but it's pure speculation on our part so we won't go there. They simply told us that they are working with another fanclub beside ours.

Please don't make this a Q&A about which fanclubs or why. Please direct questions directly to AEG. Thank you.

How did AEG specifically treat the fans you are speaking of? Did you guys expect priority tickets? I'm not trying to insult or anything just trying to understand your question. Are you asking AEG why they didn't treat all the fanclubs with priority and give them tickets first?
as i said working with fanclubs ensuring ppl could get tickets instead of fans having to fight with everyone else on friday. perhaps they should have given presale codes out to fanclubs message boards instead of announcing it to the general public.im just using the fans at the hotel as an example. i mean the whole fan community.it really not hard to set aside an allocation for fanclubs etc. it was done litterally hundreds of time in the 90's during history msg mj and friends concert for example.because mj wanted to ensure fans could get tickets as easily as possible. unfortunatly the staff he had around them arent around now.its just a dam right shame and worse that after all these years of waiting and 50 concerts that some fans cant even get a ticket for one show.after everything.

as i said working with fanclubs ensuring ppl could get tickets instead of fans having to fight with everyone else on friday. perhaps they should have given presale codes out to fanclubs message boards instead of announcing it to the general public.im just using the fans at the hotel as an example. i mean the whole fan community.it really not hard to set aside an allocation for fanclubs etc. it was done litterally hundreds of time in the 90's during history msg mj and friends concert for example.

Thanks for your answer. I will formulate your question like this:

In the past, MJJ Productions would coordinate with fanclubs regarding ticket sales. Thousands of tickets are usually sold through fanclubs ensuring that true fans are the recipients of tickets. Unfortunately AEG chose not to work through the fanclubs which is a disappointment to the fans and we would like to know why?

thanks. sorry for the rant. its just gets on my goat as u can see lol

This might be a stretch, but who decides the seating/location layout? I would also like to know, if they have an answer, to why the shows only have seating tickets. Isn't it also true, that if they had planned out standing tickets on the whole floor area, the O2 Arena would have more capacity?

(I have never been sitting on a concert before. I'm a real amateur on that specific thing. An experience I have mixed feelings about omg LOL.)

I wonder how far ahead AEG/MJ did plan to give more then 10 concerts when the demand was high? I mean they should've known beforehand that the demand was high since everyone was waiting for this for years. And to give all those extra dates in such a short notice makes me think this was all planned before us fans knew about it.
And are those concert dates which are stated now really it or are there plans to add even more concerts in the future(and maybe in different places) since still not every fan has a ticket or is not able to travel to London?

Hi
I'd like you to ask the AEG contact the following...

Given now that any questions AEG or even Michael had regarding demand for these shows have been indisputably answered with the tour selling a record number of tickets in record time, are there plans now being drawn up for a world tour? e.g. how likely is MJ to come to Australia?

is there any merchandise planned for these concerts and if so, will it be onsale only inside the main arena or will people who go to The O2 complex but are not going to the concerts be able to buy merchandise?

What time is the main concert expected to finish and also an approx time which the aftershow will finish? Will fans have to leave either of these events early to catch the last tube from Greenwich North tube station?

If there is a spare seat beside me will it be be possible for my friend in a different level / section to join me or vice versa?

Is there a posibilty of Michael concerts at other O2 venues in different countries?

is there any merchandise planned for these concerts and if so, will it be onsale only inside the main arena or will people who go to The O2 complex but are not going to the concerts be able to buy merchandise?

What time is the main concert expected to finish and also an approx time which the aftershow will finish? Will fans have to leave either of these events early to catch the last tube from Greenwich North tube station?

If there is a spare seat beside me will it be be possible for my friend in a different level / section to join me or vice versa?

Is there a posibilty of Michael concerts at other O2 venues in different countries?

no need to ask AEG... you will be able to get merchandise inside the complex, so u can buy even wthout attendign a concert.

aftershow will finish late (tube will not be running), but you should be able to get the tube after the main concert without problems

And there won't be any spare seat next to you...

Comments/Questions for AEG:

Why is AEG playing it so safe with MJ? Michael's fans flock to his live shows because he constantly refreshes his set lists and updates his classics and reworks the shows to include his NEW material. This will be the first time in a very LONG time where Michael will be simply playing his classics (although we've heard about a new single before the concert). No two tours are the same. We do NOT need this to be Victory Tour Part II. Let the Thriller/OTW era go. Let him create a new show.

I feel AEG is playing way too safe with MJ. Let Michael be Michael. Let him innovate. Let him dream. Let him take risks by performing songs that are NOT on the setlists floating around on the internet.

Also, while I would love to see an expanded 3D version of Thriller, I feel this is also too safe for Michael. Why not let Michael create and direct a NEW installment of the paranormal musical? Have you ever seen Ghosts? That was made for the big screen/3D. Why reinvent the wheel and give us something old? Let Michael be Michael. Let him create a 3D film that is contemporary and let's let him create new music to go with it. Let Michael evolve. He is much, much, much bigger than Thriller.

Last, but not least, have you lined up a great director to shoot the live show @ the O2 (probably a dumb question)? If not, give me a call or email me. Not to be disrespectful, but whoever cut the sizzle reel really did not do Michael justice.

Michael is an innovator. You must allow him to innovate. Based on what I've heard and seen so far, I get the feeling you are holding him back creatively. I hope I'm wrong. I also hope Michael is getting paid way more than what has been reported in the media (50m - 100m for 50 shows?). He deserves a larger portion of the proceeds.

Last, but not least, thank you for convincing Michael to return to the stage. I hope he's doing this because he wants to (and not because he has to). I never thought I would see the day. This is a dream come true. Let Michael be Michael and please do NOT overwork him.
Michael could sit on stage on a sofa and just tell stories and I would STILL pay hard money to see him. He could simply "hang out" as he did @ his 45th B'day Party in LA and that would be ok, too.

So, KEEP him happy.

This is from ONE "Believer" to another.

Last edited:
why no standing area. havnt u seen what a mj concert is like. how do u justify fans having to pay £800 to be near the front when if it were standing room it would be a case of who ques longest.doesnt this show its all about the $ and the fans are irrelevent
Well, it's standard procedure in the UK nowadays that arena concerts are seated! So that is not that much of an issue... the issue is, why do get front seats sold for 800 pounds?

My question would be, why are the fans limited to only buying four tickets per household/creditcard across all dates, obviously to prevent people from buying massive tickets with the only intent to sell them, but at the same time AEG via Viagogo supports people, who only bought tickets to sell them at astronomical prices, while the real fans are left with no tickets? If we play by rule, we're only allowed to attend 4 concerts max. That sucks!

Last edited:
Well, it's standard procedure in the UK nowadays that arena concerts are seated! So that is not that much of an issue... the issue is, why do get front seats sold for 800 pounds?
its not standard procedure. it depends on the artist and the promoters and what they chose. we know the answer its cause of the £800 seats lol

Not to argue, but 90 percent of the UK Arena shows are seated! Unless you're talking about clubs or other small venues!

That's not true at all. Google O2 Arena, and you see plenty of concerts that have full standing on the entire floor area :)

concerts such as metalica were standing plus many at other venues such as manchester. theres no rule about it being seating it depends totally on the promoter and what they decide with or without the artist
Like I said... 90 %.. Metallica is obviously in the other 10 % and rock concerts usually are standing... but even though, a couple of years ago I saw Alice Cooper and Twisted Sister at Wembley and it was seating! But let's not get off-topic here! ;)

I would like to know...

Will AEG be releasing an official statement on the Terms and Conditions confusion to help clear everything up as many people are getting different responses from AEG and TM?

Is true that AEG provided Viagogo with tickets directly to sell on at premium prices, leaving a lot of fans no choice but to pay inflated prices if they would like to attend?

Will there be a dvd of the tour? or will it be broadcast?

Lastly, I'd like to say despite all the confusion and problems, I understand the issues with dealing with such a megastar, and I would like to thank them for bringing Michael back to the stage and making my dream come true.

Like I said... 90 %.. Metallica is obviously in the other 10 % and rock concerts usually are standing... but even though, a couple of years ago I saw Alice Cooper and Twisted Sister at Wembley and it was seating! But let's not get off-topic here! ;)

Michael is rock, god dammit LOL. King of Rock, Pop and Soul/Rnb! :punk:

Off topic ends. Sorry moderators..

Metallica concert + others to
that pic is of a standing crowd. anyway like others said back on topic. seating or standing is all up to the promoter

How soon do you expect any pending concerts mentioned in your initial press release (Paris, New York, Mumbai) to take shape? What is the probability of MJ doing more concerts somewhere else, other than Londons O2, during 2010? And are there any other possible cities being looked at for possible shows during the next 3 years besides the ones previously mentioned? :flowers:

my question: will the seats for the first few rows be available for the public to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back