Questions, Comments, Concerns to AEG Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is included in the MJ Goody bag?

Who will be sitting in the first 3 rows of the concert?

Will Michael attend any of the VIP pre-parties??

Comments/Questions for AEG:

Why is AEG playing it so safe with MJ? Michael's fans flock to his live shows because he constantly refreshes his set lists and updates his classics and reworks the shows to include his NEW material. This will be the first time in a very LONG time where Michael will be simply playing his classics (although we've heard about a new single before the concert). No two tours are the same. We do NOT need this to be Victory Tour Part II. Let the Thriller/OTW era go. Let him create a new show.

I feel AEG is playing way too safe with MJ. Let Michael be Michael. Let him innovate. Let him dream. Let him take risks by performing songs that are NOT on the setlists floating around on the internet.

Also, while I would love to see an expanded 3D version of Thriller, I feel this is also too safe for Michael. Why not let Michael create and direct a NEW installment of the paranormal musical? Have you ever seen Ghosts? That was made for the big screen/3D. Why reinvent the wheel and give us something old? Let Michael be Michael. Let him create a 3D film that is contemporary and let's let him create new music to go with it. Let Michael evolve. He is much, much, much bigger than Thriller.

Last, but not least, have you lined up a great director to shoot the live show @ the O2 (probably a dumb question)? If not, give me a call or email me. Not to be disrespectful, but whoever cut the sizzle reel really did not do Michael justice.

Michael is an innovator. You must allow him to innovate. Based on what I've heard and seen so far, I get the feeling you are holding him back creatively. I hope I'm wrong. I also hope Michael is getting paid way more than what has been reported in the media (50m - 100m for 50 shows?). He deserves a larger portion of the proceeds.

Last, but not least, thank you for convincing Michael to return to the stage. I hope he's doing this because he wants to (and not because he has to). I never thought I would see the day. This is a dream come true. Let Michael be Michael and please do NOT overwork him.
Michael could sit on stage on a sofa and just tell stories and I would STILL pay hard money to see him. He could simply "hang out" as he did @ his 45th B'day Party in LA and that would be ok, too.

So, KEEP him happy.

This is from ONE "Believer" to another.

Hi V-street, just reading your post.. and remembering the 1st post I read of yours.. which was your experience in being at the trial back in 2005...
who would of thought this day would come...

are you going to London??

my ONLY question is y did some pay 50 p. for a seat and got a better one than some who paid 70? was it randomized?

Why did you give seats to viagogo?

Why did you for get about the fans? Any tout or scalper could have signed up for many precodes got tickets and now fans are left out or either with bad seats or playing way to much.

why a milliion shows in the same arena and for ONE man? 50 shows are way to much for one location. Ppl from all over wouldn't have been buying the tickets away from the ppl in the uk if we knew there was going to be shows in our area. This way there wouldn't have been a need for so many show in one location.

Please clarify the amount of shows one can buy on one of there creditcards?

I think michael should perform the songs of his choice. If fans vote everyone will not be satisfied so michael should just preform what his heart desire. After all he has to sing it. Tell michael to SURPRISE US.

To be fair, they didn't refuse all fanclubs. We know of another one beside ours that they are working with. A lot of fanclubs came at them with the entitlement approach and they rebuked it from what I'm gathering. And can you be a bit more clear with your question? You say this,

How did AEG specifically treat the fans you are speaking of? Did you guys expect priority tickets? I'm not trying to insult or anything just trying to understand your question. Are you asking AEG why they didn't treat all the fanclubs with priority and give them tickets first?
why did they turn fanclubs down.:no:If fanclubs were being nasty then ok thats understandable. But what completely threw me off was giving them to viagogo. The goal is to sell tickets. So why not give them to us, we''re gonna buy them, hellooo! well I just think we should have been given the pre sale codes only.

when shall the tickets be mailed to us while many British fans have got the printed tickets outside the arena?

Since many fans like me are in China, we have to deal with many things such as visa, hotel booking, travel plans, etc.. So the earlier we got tickets, the better for us to set up our plans.

It is not like you are in the UK, USA, it is difficult for Chinese people to go abroad. So anything may happen.

If we finally find out we can't make it to London, we can still have time and manage to resell their tickets to other fellow fans. However, if the tickets only arrived just 7 days before the date, we will suffer huge loss, since the ticket resale, transfer and mail will cost some time.

That is my concern and this question is important for all overseas fans

My question is what is the ticket limit and why was it not communicated in a clear manner.

I am very unhappy with the unprofessional way of Ticketmaster handling this sales event. They announce a ticket limit of 6 in presale then of 4 general sale. Yet they are cancelling tickets bought within the 6 limit in presale without any communication.

I am planning to escalate this to the Consumer Protection Board this week if it is not resolved in an adequate manner

And of course the mailing. I live in Sydney...I am going to fly out on the 10th July to Asia on a business trip. I have bought tickets for my family for the 28th July show. I am returning to Sydney on the 25th. How am I supposed to get the 28th tickets to my family to Europe in 3days?
My emails remain unanswered and due to the 11hrs time zone differnce I can not get through to customer services line....

Question 1: How come people in Higher tier have to pay £75 for a ticket?

Question 2: From the seating chart, some people's seat seems to be behind the stage, will this be the case or will the stage be in the middle so everyone can see MJ?

sorry but im going the other route, How does it feel to finally have a superstar the calibre of Michael Jackson sign a deal to do shows with you, and are you optimistic this will escalate into an extended deal of more shows in other countries, has this been indicated to you by Michael?

My other question is in relation to Viagogo.
As of today 17MAR may I ask TM or Viagogo to point out where is the details of the ticket limits to these MJ shows announced on ViaGogo?

Viagogo general terms and conditions
http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=486&Mode=2
http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=218&Mode=2
http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=97

Viagogo MJ FAQs
http://www.viagogo.com/PopupHelpPage.aspx?HelpID=1002161&mode=2

I am eager to see where is the ticket limit announced?

Can I buy 7 tickets in ViaGogo (no limit shared there) from private vendors which contradicts the new message on TM http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_4
There is a strict limit of 4 tickets per person, per card and per billings address. This limit applies across the entire run of shows.
Any bookings exceeding the ticket limit are liable to have the excess tickets cancelled without notification.

Does the following Viagogo guarantee cover for my ticket being cancelled due to being over the ticket limit (that is my delivery address as buyer shows on their system that I have already more tickets then lets say 10 the limit)

At viagogo, every transaction is 100% guaranteed to be safe and secure. As well as making it easy and simple to buy or sell your tickets we ensure their safe and prompt delivery with online tracking, all supported by our customer service team.
Buyers: Once your order or winning auction has been confirmed by the seller

• We guarantee that you will receive your tickets in time for the event
  • We will provide similar or better tickets than the tickets you have ordered or a full refund if any problem arises
http://www.viagogo.com/help.aspx?helpgroupid=184&Mode=2

if this is the case will I get a new ticket as "if any problem arises" being over the "ticket limit" is a problem....

I am not being mean but I dont understand....

I think fan clubs should have been given a contact address and enough time to communicate with AEG. And then they should be allotted a certain amount of tickets.

I am a representative of MJTurkFan, the biggest Michael Jackson Fanclub in Turkey, which has over 2 thousand members. Some of us were lucky enough to get tickets, but there are still so many who could not buy any tickets. And, unfortunately, everybody who bought tickets, managed to get tickets for different dates which prevents us from organizing the traveling and accommodation for our members.

These concerts will be spectacular for sure, but they are certainly not the "real fan events" that the "real fans" deserved. I wish the ticket sale was more carefully organized. It all seemed to be done in such a rush.

Havent read all so mayby it has been asked already:

*When can the fans that live abroad expect their tickets when they chose the fedex option.

Last edited:
there are so many people that were left without tickets because of bad organisation...i wanted to go and had the money,but syrprise:no tickets i could by with my card...

Hi V-street, just reading your post.. and remembering the 1st post I read of yours.. which was your experience in being at the trial back in 2005...
who would of thought this day would come...

are you going to London??

Oh absolutely. I wouldn't miss it for the world. :yes::D :woohoo: This is really unreal. It still hasn't sunk in.

Who would have thought back then that 4 years later we would be talking about what seat we're going to get at his concert??? I never thought I would see the day.

When are you going? Me and the Mrs. will be there on 8/24!

Anyway, I'm still worried as usual. I don't trust anybody when it comes to Michael. What I've learned in all these years is that if someone can rip Michael off, they will. If they can pull the wool over his eyes, they will.
And also, unfortunately, Michael is asleep at the wheel at times which makes it even easier for someone to take advantage of him.

Either way, I pray he is happy and that things go his way. But be careful cause ALL EYES are truly on him. There is someone somewhere looking at all of this planning their next sabotage. i just feel it. He's got to be alert and aware of everything (including this AEG deal).

BTW, I'm SO HAPPY we're talking about a concert instead of a trial!!!

Last edited:
I think the organization was so bad, because of the panick fans were just clicking on any date and got dates they didn't want. And if they wanted to trade they put their tix on viagogo and charged 4 times over. I think this is the worst its ever been.

Fans should have been given priority, and been able to chose what dates they wanted withought all the stress and upset.

They obviously don't know what its like to be a michael fan, so i would like to know why
if they knew michael agreed to do these concerts they didn't work with the fans clubs, as this had been done before. And because of this it has caused nothing but upset within the fan community.

If they dont arrive in time what is the usual procedure because I will not be able to bring my husbands creditcard to London (i order in his name), he needs it for himself.

Thank you for answering.
u will need to make sure they arrive in time as u wont beable to pick them up at the box office. if its in your husband name he is the only person that can pick then up

Oh absolutely. I wouldn't miss it for the world. :yes::D :woohoo: This is really unreal. It still hasn't sunk in.

Who would have thought back then that 4 years later we would be talking about what seat we're going to get at his concert??? I never thought I would see the day.

When are you going? Me and the Mrs. will be there on 8/24!

Anyway, I'm still worried as usual. I don't trust anybody when it comes to Michael. What I've learned in all these years is that if someone can rip Michael off, they will. If they can pull the wool over his eyes, they will.
And also, unfortunately, Michael is asleep at the wheel at times which makes it even easier for someone to take advantage of him.

Either way, I pray he is happy and that things go his way. But be careful cause ALL EYES are truly on him. There is someone somewhere looking at all of this planning their next sabotage. i just feel it. He's got to be alert and aware of everything (including this AEG deal).

BTW, I'm SO HAPPY we're talking about a concert instead of a trial!!!

I can certainly understand your cautioness... but sometimes you just have to have FAITH....just like Mike.... he seems like he has enormous faith...

thank goodness that he does have faith and strength otherwise there would be NO CONCERTS..... he would be shivering with fear under his bed ...completely withdrawn and hiding from the world...

have fun in London... and make sure you loose your voice from all the screaming :wild::wild::wild::wild::wild: ..dancing :dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:and singing!!

oh and I don't know if I will be going.. a friend was going to get tickets and I don't know yet if they have....we will see...

Last edited:
The purchasing of tickets was totally disorganised, some people followed the 4 ticket limit, some didn't, of those that didn't, some are able to have their excess tickets transferred, and some are not. It has been a complete shambles from the start.

I really do believe, that if AEG has the chance, that any cancelled tickets should be offered to the fanclubs and only sold to fans that do not have a ticket, with relevant checks carried out, to ensure anyone buying the cancelled tickets do not already have tickets.

I think the organization was so bad, because of the panick fans were just clicking on any date and got dates they didn't want. And if they wanted to trade they put their tix on viagogo and charged 4 times over. I think this is the worst its ever been.

Fans should have been given priority, and been able to chose what dates they wanted withought all the stress and upset.

They obviously don't know what its like to be a michael fan, so i would like to know why
if they knew michael agreed to do these concerts they didn't work with the fans clubs, as this had been done before. And because of this it has caused nothing but upset within the fan community.

just to see the other side.... Michael has not toured in 12 years....so there is no recent data on Michael for any one in that business...

12 years is a long time... they did admit that they weren't prepared...
who knew... ????? I mean even on this forum there were doubting Thomas's everywhere about Michael's potential...

to me the worst thing ever is for Michael to have announced a tour and NOT SELL OUT....so the media and haters can throw more arrows at him...

I think the promoter is taking notes (ie: this is why this thread is being made in order to get feedback and work with the fanclubs )....so that IF
there are more concert dates to be announced ...somewhere else.. they can be better prepared...

I would say that is a VERY proactive way to be.. and it does show that
the promoter is trying to address the issue in someway...

Thanks AEG....

my ONLY question is y did some pay 50 p. for a seat and got a better one than some who paid 70? was it randomized?

That's what I'd like to know too. Where were the 50 Pound seats? :lol: I have crappy seats at the back of the back and paid 75 pounds...:mello:

Great questions everyone one.

I have just one question, don't know if AEG can answer. Why were some people able to buy tickets BEFORE 7 am? Is AEG going to look into that and make sure it won't happen again? When the presale is supposed to begin at 7 am, and some people get to buy tickets 15-30 minutes BEFORE...seems a bit unfair to me.

of course it was panic....why would it not be?
We live in times when concerts sell out in minutes..Sir McCartney sold out 1 show 2 days after MJs presale - hold on to your seats - in 7 seconds....OK that is for approx 500fans but still -7 seconds..

Nowadays if you want to go to a show you have to join the panic....otherwise you will miss out..long gone are the days when we had the time to deliberate to think about which show date works for me....gone..especially for this one. This is it..everyone knows this is it and there will be no more. MJ is the biggest living legend of modern music. Period. There are 3 generations wanting to go to these shows...it was destined to be crazy and so it turned out...

I'm gonna steer well away from the complaining about the organization (because I think it was done as best as possible considering the crazy demand for tickets)

These are my two questions. I think it would be extremely useful to have them answered:

Question 1. - World Tour?
We know surprises are what MJ likes to give fans, but, honestly, does AEG and Michael Jackson intend on taking this show to the USA, Asia, Australia or anywhere else? Fans all around the world are paying thousands of dollars to travel to London because nothing has been announced or spoken about in regards to their home country. We like surprises but sometimes its better that we know what's being planned.

Question 2. - New Music?
Randy Phillips has made comments in the press that there "will be a new MJ single" before his shows kick off in July, and that he will perform all the hits, and some new songs in his show too. Randy has also hinted at the release of a full new album. Can you please tell us what the exact plan is for releasing new MJ music? Album, single, video and live performance?

What do you guys think?

Another question/comment for AEG:

Could we please stop that madness with the limititation of 4 tickets per household now? The presale is over and the general onsale is over! You obviously managed to keep people from hoarding tickets with the only intent to sell them, even though you still support those people via Viagogo!

Any tickets that are now or closer to the shows available on Ticketmaster or at the O2 Boxoffice are nothing in numbers, compared to what was already sold! Why can't those tickets go to people, who are not content with seeing Michael only once? Why can't those tickets go to those people, who have to travel/fly to London and are not content with flying somewhere for one single show?

Every person, who bought tickets for their friends, or doesn't want to sit alone and thus bought tickets for their friends, is screwed, basically and prevented from getting tickets for additional shows or just better seats, unless they go the scalper and tout route!

This ticket limitation doesn't make any sense anymore!

I'm gonna steer well away from the complaining about the organization (because I think it was done as best as possible considering the crazy demand for tickets)

These are my two questions. I think it would be extremely useful to have them answered:

Question 1. - World Tour?
We know surprises are what MJ likes to give fans, but, honestly, does AEG and Michael Jackson intend on taking this show to the USA, Asia, Australia or anywhere else? Fans all around the world are paying thousands of dollars to travel to London because nothing has been announced or spoken about in regards to their home country. We like surprises but sometimes its better that we know what's being planned.

Question 2. - New Music?
Randy Phillips has made comments in the press that there "will be a new MJ single" before his shows kick off in July, and that he will perform all the hits, and some new songs in his show too. Randy has also hinted at the release of a full new album. Can you please tell us what the exact plan is for releasing new MJ music? Album, single, video and live performance?

What do you guys think?

I think those are great questions! :) I would want to know the answers too, ESPECIALLY to number one. I mean, many fans are paying SO much for travel and hotels (i.e. like me, I'm planning to go there next year IF I get tickets), etc just to get there in London. It would be good to know if there is anymore to these concerts than just London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back