Link to AEG promising flights/hotels refunds

Magic_MJ_Music

Proud Member
Hi.

As many others I have had to cancel my flight.
Even tough I HAVE this travelling insurance, they wont give me back my money.
This flight cost me aprox. 350(!!!!)$.

I told them that the AEG promised people would get refunds,
but they said they havent been notified or anyting in that kind,
regarding money back.

Does anyone know what to do ?
Maybe links to AEG actually saying this could change their mind?

I have read about it several places, but they claim they dont know about it

I've never heard about AEG giving refunds for that. I don't see how they would...
You should call your airline and bitch at them. they shour refund at least part of your ticket. Mine did.

You wont get a thing back! It would bankrupt them if they had to help everyone who has lost out

AEG is not obliged to give any money back. They are involved with the shows only....but have nothing to do with flights or hotels.

Basically, the way insurances work is that you can STILL fly to London and stay at a hotel, even though you're not going to a concert.

I don't think AEG will help you at all. That's a lot of money. :( Can't you ask the airline to give you a credit note or something at least? So you can use them in the future? They might be able to do that, although I know some are strict with that kind of thing.

Most airlines will let you cancel, but they will keep a portion as the cancellation fee.

Most airlines will let you cancel, but they will keep a portion as the cancellation fee.
Depends on the airline and their conditions. Most airlines charge 100% cancellation costs. It also depends on what class you're in. Most economy class seats have the 100% cancellation costs conditions.

Sometimes, it also depends on who you got your ticket from?

I purchased a ticket for a trip to Malaysia once from a Travel Agent. At one time, I thought of cancelling due to a few circumstances. At that time, I could cancel the trip and be charged £150 from the Airline. However, different Travel Agents have different methods on Refund Poloicies, and with this particular Travel Agent, I was only due my Tax Fares back.....meaning I would've lost a chunk of how much I spent on the ticket.

In the end, I had a great time in Kuala Lumpur :)

It's too bad you can't just go to London and watch Michael Jackson rock it :( Were all sad about this, but I often wonder if it's worse for the people who had tickets. I can't imagine how excited you guys were. I Know if I had tickets I'd have been having trouble sleeping at night for weeks leading up to it. I'd have been geeking out of my mind. I've wanted to see him for so many years and if I thought I was finally about to and then finding out I couldn't see him, I'd have been devestated, and that's just assuming you suddenly couldn't see him for some reason other than him dying. To find out your not seeing him because he died would be devestating on both ends.

I'm sorry for you guys.

Back