Conan O’Brien’s 60 Minutes Inner Monologue (Coarse Language)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
zz094123e2.jpg

Recently aired was Conan O’Brien’s interview from 60 Minutes, the first time he could contractually talk on television about what happened since leaving the Tonight Show. While his verbal answers said one thing, his expressions said a lot more. Funny Or Die have put the interview through a futuristic though analyzer to reveal Conan’s real inner monologue.

Conan O'Brien's 60 Minutes Inner Monologue - watch more funny videos

That's funny...and so true. I watched this interview on Sunday. I think Conan got screwed. How did Jay get screwed? He hosted the Tonight Show for what, 17 years? Conan got 6 months. No chance at all to build an audience. Jay's ratings were not that great when he first took over for Johnny Carson. Letterman was beating him in the ratings for quite some time. But he was given a good chance to build an audience...unlike Conan. Jay left to take a risk on the 10pm show and it failed (I saw it coming, why didn't anybody else?). It seems that Leno and NBC were so cocky and over-confident that they never dreamed the 10pm show would fail. But it did (and I predicted a huge mess). How are you now going to take back the Tonight Show from someone else? How does he sleep at night? Sure, Conan got millions out of this in the end but his dream to host the Tonight Show long term was squashed. Not to mention the humiliation he suffered.

LMFAO! I can't really feel bad for neither Jay FAILING or Conan! They had some F*ck up jokes about MJ during one of the worst times in his life and karma is a bitch! :D

PEACE!

I am nuetral too on this matter they both were very nasty to mike, do not care what happened between them.

He got a lot of money to exit. I don't have sympathy for someone who's been compensated with tens of millions of dollars. He can do a lot of things with his life and with all the money he got. It's not like he's left to starve.

How are you now going to take back the Tonight Show from someone else? How does he sleep at night? Sure, Conan got millions out of this in the end but his dream to host the Tonight Show long term was squashed. Not to mention the humiliation he suffered.

How did Conan sleep when he booted Jay out? I don't give a hoot what happens to either one of them, but Jay loved the tonight show too, had successfully helmed it and was told he was going to have to move over for Conan. And that's what he did. He was given another slow, and it didn't work out. Conan'didn't work out either. And he got 6 months with the show. A lot of shows barely get 3 months. So Conan's dream was squashed and he was humiliated. He wasn't the only one.

How did Conan sleep when he booted Jay out? I don't give a hoot what happens to either one of them, but Jay loved the tonight show too, had successfully helmed it and was told he was going to have to move over for Conan. And that's what he did. He was given another slow, and it didn't work out. Conan'didn't work out either. And he got 6 months with the show. A lot of shows barely get 3 months. So Conan's dream was squashed and he was humiliated. He wasn't the only one.

Conan did not boot Jay out of the Tonight show. Jay left because NBC offered him the 10pm show. So he took it. NBC offered the Tonight Show to Conan. So he took it. Six months later because his ratings stink Jay takes his old show back and Conan is given the boot. After 6 measly little months. It took Leno years before his ratings took off on the Tonight Show. They give Conan 6 months. Unbelievable.

But I won't cry for Conan for too long. He got millions out of this mess, and a new show on cable but more importantly, his integrity is in tact.

Leno is indeed one of the douches in this situation, but I agree that there's no reason to feel THAT sorry for Conan. Kinda feel sorry for myself since I was waiting so long for CoCo to host The Tonight Show, though :(. Oh well. On the bright side, his new program on TBS will probably be funnier because he won't have to tone down for a lot of the old asses who watch The Tonight Show.

LMFAO! I can't really feel bad for neither Jay FAILING or Conan! They had some F*ck up jokes about MJ during one of the worst times in his life and karma is a bitch! :D

PEACE!

I am nuetral too on this matter they both were very nasty to mike, do not care what happened between them.

You're both one-track minded whiners tbh. X10 for bluetopez because he/she plays that BS karma card. For Jay Leno I understand the attitude but Conan was always an impersonal equally opportunity stand-up offender.

Peace.

Last edited:
No sympathy for whiners!

And he's been milking this whole situation for months now.

Conan did not boot Jay out of the Tonight show. Jay left because NBC offered him the 10pm show

Not true.

Gosh, I wish people would get the facts before commenting. It gets beyond annoying.

Jay was told YEARS ago he would have to leave the show in 09 to give the spot to Conan. There was no other show in the works 5 years ago when Jay renewed his last contract w/ NBC and was told 2009, would be IT.

NBC came up with that new show because they did not want Jay to go to another network & compete against the Tonight show.

Anyway, I don't care about either of them...

Last edited:
No sympathy for whiners!

And he's been milking this whole situation for months now.

Not true.

Gosh, I wish people would get the facts before commenting. It gets beyond annoying.

Jay was told YEARS ago he would have to leave the show in 09 to give the spot to Conan. There was no other show in the works 5 years ago when Jay renewed his last contract w/ NBC and was told 2009, would be IT.

NBC came up with that new show because they did not want Jay to go to another network & compete against the Tonight show.

Anyway, I don't care about either of them...

It doesn't matter when Jay was offered the 10pm show. What matters is he took it and the gamble. It didn't pay off for him. He even gave Conan his blessing to take over the Tonight Show. Reluctantly yes, but is that Conan's fault? Who would pass up the opporunity when presented to host the Tonight Show? It all comes back to Jay taking back what he willingly gave away. And the way in which it was done was pretty classless. He never even contacted Conan. Shame on Jay and NBC.

yeah. that is bull to say that Conan wasn't making any money for the show. that's like saying he didn't have fans. same crap they used to say about Michael.

Conan did not boot Jay out of the Tonight show. Jay left because NBC offered him the 10pm show. So he took it. NBC offered the Tonight Show to Conan. So he took it. Six months later because his ratings stink Jay takes his old show back and Conan is given the boot. After 6 measly little months. It took Leno years before his ratings took off on the Tonight Show. They give Conan 6 months. Unbelievable.

But I won't cry for Conan for too long. He got millions out of this mess, and a new show on cable but more importantly, his integrity is in tact.

They offered Leno the 10p shift because they had promised Conan he could have the Tonight Show five years earlier to keep Conan with NBC. They hadn't counted on Leno still being number one at the end of the five years. Leno never wanted to give up the Tonight Show. He was forced to because of the deal that NBC prematurely made with Conan.

Also, times are very different than when Leno initially took over. Most shows on network television aren't given a lot of time to build audiences anymore.

I'm not crying for either one of them for any length of time, nor do I think one is deserving of more sympathy than the other one.

It's Been the Worst Summer Ever for 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno'

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/03/i...?icid=main|htmlws-main-w|dl2|sec3_lnk2|168404

Funnyman Jay Leno won't have much to laugh about when he sees the new ratings figures for 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno'. After a chaotic year of changing hosts, multi-million dollar pay deals and very public feuding between the Leno and Conan O'Brien camps, it seems as though viewers have voted with their remotes and switched off this summer.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Leno's attracting far fewer viewers in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic than Conan O'Brien did when he hosted the show. And, just to pile on the misery, the show has also hit a new record summer low in 'Tonight Show' history.

However, it's not all dire news for Leno. He's still ahead of CBS's 'Late Show With David Letterman' in the ratings, though CBS has pointed out that unlike Leno, Letterman's ratings have held steady since last summer when he -- ahem -- also reached an all-time low.

Other late-night talk shows have also been holding steady, with NBC's 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,' CBS's 'The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson' and ABC's 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' maintaining their demographic averages, and Fallon and Kimmel even increased their audience numbers.

Network executives are reportedly hoping that the upcoming fall season will boost late-night ratings. An influx of new, primetime, scripted series like 'The Event' and 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' (NBC), and 'Hawaii 5-O' and 'Blue Bloods' (CBS) have been scheduled for the weeknight 10PM ET slot in the hope of attracting a larger audience to stay tuned for the late-night shows.

Ironic, isn't it.

Back