The Get Him To The Greek Appreciation Thread!

Donathan

Proud Member
I LOVE GHTTG movie, and think it is an excellent idea to start a thread on this awesome movie.:D Aldous Snow just has TERRIFIC Charisma and charm!:D

I personally think that there should have been some Russell Brand jokes, since there were plenty of real life celebrity jokes. :) Aaron could have said to Aldous ,"I'm going to see Russell Brand's Stand Up later tonight." Aldous could have said,"You know, that comedian Russell Brand looks like a really gross and dirty version of me. He looks like I would look if I rolled around in dirt and didn't shower. His hair looks like he got electrocuted." :lol:

I think the audience would eat this right up and laugh heartily at this, since people love to see people make fun of themselves and break the fourth wall. Breaking the fourth wall is a big thing nowadays in film and TV. :)

BTFW is when someone makes a reference/someone else makes a reference to themselves or says that they are in a TV show/movie. For example, in a Martin episode, a woman gives birth, and Martin plays doctor and helps the woman give birth. Tommy says,"The baby has no umbilcal cord! Where's the umbilical cord, Martin?" Martin says,"Tommy, we don"t need the umbilical cord, because this is a TV show!" He says this while looking dead into the camera. :) Another example is an episode of Sister Sister, where Lisa ends up in a 70's style disco bar. The bartender looks at her and says,"You look familiar. You look just like a woman named Sondra." Lisa gives a weird look. Jackee Harry who plays Lisa, also played Sondra on 227. :)

But seriously,I was honestly shocked when Aldous threw a tantrum and went from laid back and partying to screaming at Aaron that he would fuck him up for destroying his Heroin.

:O O.O I felt bad for Aaron in this scene, as he only destroyed Aldous's Heroin to help Aldous, but I felt Aaron should have known better than to destroy a drug addict's drug,especially right in front of him.

I got scared when Aldous screamed,"Why are you still here? Why are you still here?" O.O after Aldous tells(screams at) Aaron
to buy him more Heroin, and Aaron is just standing around, looking at Aldous with an uncertain look.

I saw this movie a few weeks ago, I was very impressed and my eye-liner was smudged by the time I came out of the theatre!

Did anyone else catch on with the MJ references?

"You're being like Michael's Jackson's Dad now - abusing me!"

There were so many awesome one-liners, I loved the whole furry wall thing, and Diddy being stoned.

I also found it hilarious when Diddy goes "British mother fuckers never die - they live on forever, look at Mick Jagger, Keith Richards... Ozzy Osbourne's gonna outlive Miley Cyrus!" LOL it was hilarious!

But seriously,I was honestly shocked when Aldous threw a tantrum and went from laid back and partying to screaming at Aaron that he would fuck him up for destroying his Heroin.

:O O.O I felt bad for Aaron in this scene, as he only destroyed Aldous's Heroin to help Aldous, but I felt Aaron should have known better than to destroy a drug addict's drug,especially right in front of him.

I got scared when Aldous screamed,"Why are you still here? Why are you still here?" O.O after Aldous tells(screams at) Aaron
to buy him more Heroin, and Aaron is just standing around, looking at Aldous with an uncertain look.

Donathan, like I've said before, you NEVER want to destroy a drug addict's drug, especially not right in front of them, because they will KICK your ass!:bugeyed I was absolutely shocked that Aaron had the audacity to destroy Aldous's Heroin!:bugeyed

Donathan, like I've said before, you NEVER want to destroy a drug addict's drug, especially not right in front of them, because they will KICK your ass!:bugeyed I was absolutely shocked that Aaron had the audacity to destroy Aldous's Heroin!:bugeyed

But the things which followed after he did that was nothing less than obnoxious, though. :p

One of my favorite scenes was when Aaron was at the Vegas hotel, spelling out H-E-R-O-I-N to the receptionist. :laugh: And then that receptionist goes on a rampage to find the drug and he gets stabbed - soooo funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I need to see this film again!

But the things which followed after he did that was nothing less than obnoxious, though. :p

One of my favorite scenes was when Aaron was at the Vegas hotel, spelling out H-E-R-O-I-N to the receptionist. :laugh: And then that receptionist goes on a rampage to find the drug and he gets stabbed - soooo funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I need to see this film again!

Who is "he" Aldous or Aaron? :scratch:

I found it unnerving that Aldous kept saying,"This is Rock And Roll!", even though that term has been outdated since the 80's, about 30 years ago, and was extra popular in the 50's-70's? What 34 year old musician uses that term to describe his current life? :O

Thank you for clearing that up, Shamonee! :D But, has anyone noticed that Aaron and Aldous's first initials spell AA? Isn't that an ironic coincidence? ;)

You know what's ironic? Aldous Snow's name sounds like, "All this Snow," and I THINK the word "Snow" is a nickname for Cocaine.....;)

I don't know about anyone else, but I think Aldous Snow is like the illegitimate son of Russell Brand and Mick Jagger. :D

I wonder if Aldous was suppposed to be acting like a psychiatrist, because some of the things he said seemed very psychiatric.:) Like when he told Aaron that Aaron had so many worries in his life, and Aldous said his life was simple, because his only worry was where his next drug was coming from(a sign of a true drug addict). The scene right before the threesome scene seemed psychiatric of Aldous too, especially what he was saying about the Monagamy thing,and Aldous sitting on the couch, and Daphne and Aaron sitting in front of him, though it would usually be the other way. The way he pointed to Daphne for her turn to speak, and she did, and then Aldous pointed to Aaron for his turn to speak, and he did, seemed like a Therapist helping his clients.:)

Shamonee, I honestly don't see what the difference is between Aldous sober/clean and him being high and drunk....:scratch:

I actually was bothered by the whole three years thing. They implied that Aldous was a loser who hadn't had an album for three years, and desperately needed a comeback. Uh, three
years is NOT a long time to not have an album. Many musicians take about 4 years between albums, unless they are album making machines, putting albums out about 2 years apart(Old Prince, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Heart, and Whitney Houston. Eminem is also an album making machine).

It would have made much more sense for Aldous to have made the unintended racist African Child album in 1999, right after he did the great Live At The Greek in 1999, making it 10 years since he had an album, which seems more logical.

Last edited:
Anyone find it creepy that Aldous STILL wanted to perform at the Greek theater with his bone sticking out of his arm, and after what he ALMOST did to himself? :bugeyed: Fuck the Greek Theater and go fix your nasty arm, and go see a psychiatrist! :bugeyed:

If I were Aaron, and Aldous told me to smuggle his Heroin up my butt at an airport, I would have punched him in his face, cursed him out, told him to get his own way to the Greek Concert, and left him in the airport.... That was incredibly rude for Aldous to force Aaron to smuggle a drug up his butt. :bugeyed:doh:

I rented GHTTG the other day, and I watched the extended unrated version of the miovie, and the extended versions were really good. :) In one extended part, Aldous snorts Cocaine, and then invites Aaron to snort Cocaine too. Aaron being straight-edge says, "Uh, no thank you, and you shouldn't snort cocaine either." Aldous says, "Please do it Aaron? "It's for our friendship." Aldous and Aaron hadn't even known each other for two days, and had JUST met each other the morning before....LOL.... :bugeyed: Aldous already considereing Aaron his friend showed that he desperately clinged himself to anyone who was nice to him... :) ;) :doh:

Back