Good books about Michael?

MJxEagle

Proud Member
Hello all, do you guys know some nice books/biographys about Michael? I bought the one by J.Randy Tarobelli so far but don't really like the way it is going. I would really like to hear some good titles without all that stuff about plastic surgeries and negative talking. Thanks!

Hello all, do you guys know some nice books/biographys about Michael? I bought the one by J.Randy Tarobelli so far but don't really like the way it is going. I would really like to hear some good titles without all that stuff about plastic surgeries and negative talking. Thanks!
I dont think that was a very good choice..:(...That guy use to say some pretty bad things about MJ...only after Michael died did he change his tune and try to start saying nice things...personally...I think he wanted the fans to like him so that we would buy his book. ...For me personally.....I would not give him not even one of my dollars!!:no:

By the way..welcome to the forum..:)

Thanks thunder! ;)

The reviews I read about this book where all very positive and some even said that he wrote about Michael in an admiring way. Well, after reading the first few pages I already got disappointed about it.

Although it´s not a biography, but the best book I´ve read about Michael is "Dancing the Dream", which he wrote himself. It´s an amazing book! :heart:
And I feel it really gets to the core of who Michael Jackson really is. He shows and reveals so much of his beautiful and sensitive soul and heart in those poems and reflections. And it shows how he sees life and what´s important to him, like the importance of seeing and appreciating the magic and beauty in those seemingly small and little things in life, like a sunrise or a child´s smile. And to feel connected and united with everyone and everything on this planet. And through that connection really CARE and truly LOVE. :heart:
It´s a book which is totally free from irrelevant things, negative talking and stupid rumors.

Michael Jackson: In Search Of Neverland by Gloria Rhoads Berlin

This book is one of the most interesting I've ever read about MJ.

the best books on my opinion are:

- Moonwalk
- In His Own Words
- The Visual Documentary

the best books on my opinion are:

- Moonwalk
- In His Own Words
- The Visual Documentary

Moonwalk is definitely the best. I have The Visual Documentary by Adrian Grant (the Tribute Edition) and I highly recommend this book..no gossip or lies, just the truth and facts about Michael. I love it.

I already have Moonwalk and Dancing the dream (2 beautiful books) and the Opus is way too expensive for me. But I will take a look at the other things you guys mentioned. Thanks!

Magic and Madness is EXCELLENT until the Dangerous era which he makes the decision for you but the rest before that is all correct and brilliant. So its not a bad book.

Michael by Mark Bego is another good one.

Magic and Madness is EXCELLENT until the Dangerous era which he makes the decision for you but the rest before that is all correct and brilliant. So its not a bad book.

Totally agree with you here....I actually enjoyed that book....but yes, after Dangerous era, it was a little iffy, but I still think JRT presented him fairly..in most aspects...

Michael Jackson Vault
Michael Jackson Treasures

+
visual documentary and For the record

It's not really a book, but i just finished reading Black & White magazine Le numéro Ultime and I must say it has been the best MJ read I've done in quite a few years.

It's available in French on ebay and there is a online German translation available. It's really the story behind the magazine and some fans dreams that became reality. Therefore it's very postitive but realistic and an interesting look at MJ's career from a fans point of few written by people who were trusted by MJ and were pretty close to him. Excellent read and it also contains some rare pictures straight from the B&W and MJJ productions archives! Although must of those are probably put online after the magazine was released.

It´s all about love , written by fans who have met Michael
I haven´t read it, for me it´s enough with moonwalker and dancing the dream.
I would buy another one if someone made a book with oxfordspeech,
quotes, songlyrics,letters

I have a lot of good books about Michael. Especially Dancing The Dream, Moonwalk, Moonwalker The Story book, and Opus. Which are my 4 favorite MJ books that I have. But there is only one MJ book that I had ever regret getting and that is the mj Unauthorized book by Christopher Andersen. I was 15 and very stupid when I had gotten that book back in 1995. I so thought that book was going to be good. But it was just like reading the tabloids. That book deserves to be thrown in to one big huge burn pile along with any other tabloid garbage that was ever written about Michael. The only thing good about that book is the pictures of Michael that are in it. But other than that it is one MJ book that is not worth reading at all. I only ever read half of that book and even that much I shouldn't even had read. I just feel really bad for all of those poor trees that were cut down to make that horrible book.

I have a lot of good books about Michael. Especially Dancing The Dream, Moonwalk, Moonwalker The Story book, and Opus. Which are my 4 favorite MJ books that I have. But there is only one MJ book that I had ever regret getting and that is the mj Unauthorized book by Christopher Andersen. I was 15 and very stupid when I had gotten that book back in 1995. I so thought that book was going to be good. But it was just like reading the tabloids. That book deserves to be thrown in to one big huge burn pile along with any other tabloid garbage that was ever written about Michael. The only thing good about that book is the pictures of Michael that are in it. But other than that it is one MJ book that is not worth reading at all. I only ever read half of that book and even that much I shouldn't even had read. I just feel really bad for all of those poor trees that were cut down to make that horrible book.

I can COMPLETELY relate to you...I bought that book when I was 13 years old...I saved all my money from babysitting so I could buy it....It made me sick...I read the first chapter, hated it, and skimmed through the rest cuz I thought there would be some actual information about his MUSIC...But alas, I was only 13, and I had no idea...I loved the pictures of course, but I'm glad I don't even know where the book is anymore...You know what, come to think of it, I returned the damn thing....At least I got my hard-earned money back...

Well, I happen to have JRT's book, since i'd gotten it for christmas from my mom back in 2010, & I felt there were some ok parts in the book, but not EVERYTHING was that great! Another great book in my opinion, even though I don't have it at the moment is Aphrodite Jones' book "Michael Jackson Conspiracy" although I've read it, but I don't have it as of yet, but I do plan on purchasing soon & will probably purchase 1st Edition(2007).
Another book that I thought was pretty good is the "Making Of Thriller" book by Douglas Kirkland, although I will have to say the forward to the book before it starts, put me off a bit, but for the most part, it's a great book with some AMAZING pics of Michael during the shooting of the short film.
Hmm...
Redemption: The truth behind the MJ '93 Allegations by Geraldine Hughes is also good in my opinion. I've read it online, but don't have it in my posession at this time.
Of course, "Moonwalk" & "Dancing the Dream" are fabulous books! I've read "Moonwalk" at least 7 times already, & probably plan to read it again.
The pics from "DTD" are phenomenal & I happen to have 1st Edition of "DTD" which I'm very lucky to have :)

I will have to say this, that unfortunately, around christmas 2010, my mom got me another book which was nothing but TRASH & that was the god-awful book by Ian Halperin, although, truthfully, it's not really my mom's fault because she bought it as a surpise xmas present, & she knew it was a book that was about Michael, but it seems like she just didn't realize how bad it was! I only read it once! After that, I could no longer ever read that book again, since it was just HORRIBLE so I got rid of it & I'm glad I did.

Another FABULOUS book that I think is great is Joe Voegel's book "The Man in the Music: The Creative Life & Work of Michael Jackson" which talks specifically about his music only & I have to say, what a wonderful book indeed! I got that book last year!
And finally to finish this post of mine here, my fave book that's really amazing is Michael Bush's book "The King Of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson" & I just got that recently! Took me only a few days to read it & I have to say, it's truly one of the best books on Michael, at it's finest.

Back