Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

Captain_EO_Saturday_Morning_website.jpg

https://www.miguelwilsonart.com/#/captain-eo/

Earth Song (Afro Dog Mix)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Earth Song (Afro Dog Mix) &#55356;&#57102; <a href="https://t.co/kCGa8st3N8">pic.twitter.com/kCGa8st3N8</a></p>&mdash; JaD (@JaDversary) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaDversary/status/1303192639290765312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ScreenOrigami;4303953 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Earth Song (Afro Dog Mix) &#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://t.co/kCGa8st3N8">pic.twitter.com/kCGa8st3N8</a></p>&#8212; JaD (@JaDversary) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaDversary/status/1303192639290765312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

awww cute puppee. ^_^

They played "Don't stop till you get enough" in between games, during the US Open finals !

"I am so greatful that I am a magnet for miracles" Michael Jackson hand written note taped to his bedroom mirror.

Eijd0IbUYAAIKRS

Please just use the quotes thread for quotes.
And use the picture forum for pictures unless it's something interesting that you actually want to discuss.
And please don't keep spamming this thread with loads of random information and facts that you see on twitter.

ScreenOrigami;4303953 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Earth Song (Afro Dog Mix) &#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://t.co/kCGa8st3N8">pic.twitter.com/kCGa8st3N8</a></p>&#8212; JaD (@JaDversary) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaDversary/status/1303192639290765312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Aaaaawwww......that's really cute and funny at the same time.

You're already posting those videos in the video thread, they don't need to be in here too. This thread is for misc things that don't belong in other threads.

You're already posting those videos in the video thread, they don't need to be in here too. This thread is for misc things that don't belong in other threads.

She does this all the time, post the same things in several different threads. It's really annoying, can you please do something about it?

She does this all the time, post the same things in several different threads. It's really annoying, can you please do something about it?

If you have a concern about something, that's fine, but don't assume that we aren't already dealing with it or haven't already tried to deal with it many, many times. It never ends, trust me.

Niki Botelho who plays Teek in the Star Wars spinoff "Ewoks: The Battle for Endor" (1985) shares an anecdote of meeting MJ during the production of the tv film.

Starts at 5:12.

Michael 3rd grade teacher passed away on the 2nd of October. may she rest in peace.

Estella Wheeler Smith, Ed.D., passed away on October 2, 2020, following a life filled with faith, family and fulfillment. Before her retirement in 2001, she enjoyed successful careers as an educator, banker and corporate executive in addition to being a loving wife, Mother and Grandmother. Dr. Smith spent a lifetime contributing to the development of curriculum and instruction for children, teaching young adults, and advancing corporate engagement in communities where she lived and worked.

Born in 1940 in Glendora, Mississippi, Estella's family moved to Gary, Indiana, during her childhood where she grew up, graduating from Froebel High School, Class of 1957. She married Leon Lynch, a musician and mill worker, at an early age and they raised three daughters.

At her parents' urging, Estella continued her education graduating with a B.S. in Education from Indiana University, Bloomington, in August 1968. During years living in Gary, she worked as a bookkeeper and third-grade teacher while raising her children. One of her most memorable pupils was rising recording artist Michael Jackson, who Dr. Smith recalled always forgot to take his hat off when he came to school.

In 1968, when her husband's work relocated the family to Memphis, Tennessee, Estella continued her career in education. From September 1968 to May 1974, she worked as a classroom teacher for Shelby County Schools where she primarily taught fifth grade. Subsequently, Estella spent one year and nine months, September 1974 to May 1976, as an Instructor and Graduate Assistant in the School of Education at the University of Memphis. During her years in Tennessee, she earned both a master's degree, August 1972, and a doctorate degree, May 1977, in Education from Memphis State University, now known as the University of Memphis.

In 1977, when her spouse's career moved the family to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, she continued teaching, working from September 1977 to May 1979 as an Assistant Professor in the School of Education at the University of Pittsburgh.

The lessons that Estella taught in the classroom were naturally carried over into her family life as her oldest grandson, Austin Dunn, expressed, "Gram was a great woman and one of the strongest people I've known. I never forget how she used to correct all of our improper grammar and remind us that 'umm' wasn't a word."

In October 1979, Dr. Smith made a career change enrolling in a 10-month program as a Management Trainee in Community Banking with Equibank in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After successfully completing the program, she stayed with Equibank in Pittsburgh for more than seven years assuming roles with increasing levels of responsibility. For more than three years, she was an Assistant Manager, followed by 16 months as an Assistant Vice President/Manager, and two and one-half years as a Vice President/Regional Manager. In October 1987, Dr. Smith was hired as President of Heritage National Bank in Pittsburgh, a subsidiary of Equimark Corporation. The bank had more than $9.2 million in total assets and she led the commercial lending institution until June 1989.

In October 1989, Dr. Smith made her next career change being hired as Manager of Investor and Community Relations for Duquesne Light Company (DQE) in Pittsburgh, a position she held until April 1995. From May 1995 until her retirement in July 2001, she was General Manager of DQE Public Affairs.

Dr. Smith was a longtime member of both Phi Kappa Phi and Kappa Delta Pi Honor Societies. Her community commitments included serving as Chairperson of the Board of Directors for Hill Community Development Corporation; Vice Chairperson of the Board of Directors and Chairperson of the Administration and Finance Committee for the Port Authority of Allegheny County; and Board Member of the UPMC Health System, Magee-Women's Hospital, and Local Initiative Support Corporation.

Upon retirement, she moved back to the Memphis area settling in Germantown, Tennessee, within walking distance of her youngest grandchild. For many years, Dr. Smith regularly volunteered as a poll worker during election season. A devoted Mother of three and Gram to five grandchildren, she enjoyed all manner of family gatherings and reunions before and during her retirement. Travel both across the U.S and internationally was a lifelong passion for Dr. Smith. Her itineraries included multiple cruises and stays in such locations as Alaska, Hawaii, the Bahamas, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Jamaica. She also visited multiple countries in East and West Africa, as well as travelling to Croatia, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland, Venezuela and other European countries.

An avid golfer who also enjoyed frequent long walks around her community, she was a longtime member of the Lladro Collectors Society, having acquired scores of the beautifully sculpted Spanish-made porcelain figurines throughout her life. Estella also amassed an impressive collection of paintings and collectibles created by such African-American artists as Synthia Saint-James, Jonathan Green and Leroy Campbell.

Dr. Smith was pre-deceased by her first husband of 29 years, Leon Lynch, and by her second husband, John T. Smith, who she was married to for nine years. She is survived by her daughters: Tina Lynch of Pittsburgh, Sheila Champlin (Michael) of Germantown, Tennessee, and Tammy Dunn (David) of Roswell, Georgia, along with five adult grandchildren, Austin Lyles Dunn, Brice Hillard. Dunn, Sullivan Lynch Dunn, Isabella Noel Dunn and Paige Estella Champlin. In addition, she leaves three sisters, Geneva Poindexter (Ronald), Queen Esther Jackson and Shirley Jones (Jim), two brothers, John David (Nanette) and Marvin (Sharon), plus nieces and nephews in cities across the country and a loving extended family.

"Gram's lessons will always stick with me and keep me from compromising!" said her oldest granddaughter, Isabella. "The queen of class will be much missed."

Dr. Smith requested there be no memorial service in her honor; however, for those who wish to pay respects to her, please donate to the charity of your choice in Estella's name.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailymemphian/obituary.aspx?n=estella-wheeler-smith&pid=196900526

Based on true events, the film follows the story of a bunch of youngsters from the backyards of a small town in India during the late 80s, who, inspired by the Michael Jackson mania, try to emulate his style and learn break dancing.

Get ready to move your body with Moonwalk - The Movie, hitting your screens very soon!

Last week, japanese tv program called "Lost Gourmet" reveled the recipe of Michael Jackson's favorite food while he stayed in Japan during the BAD tour.

Mr Takaya now 70 is currently working as a school lunch chef, but he has a surprising past, he was the personal chef for Michael Jackson during his BAD tour days in Japan.

He showed his precious memorabilia and talked about how he was chosen.

Mr Itami, Michael's bodyguard in Japan also made a brief appearance talking about Michael getting sick with laryngitis and having to postpone 2 of his concerts, and the firing of the previous chef, thus needing a new one.

He also guarded great celebrities like Freddie Mercury.

Mr Takaya didn't want to become a private chef, so he went to the job interview because he was asked to, but without any expectations.

When asked if he knew who MJ is, he said he doesn't know. For his surprise this was the reason he got the job.

He didn't have a chance to speak with the previous chef, so he had to start almost from zero.

He was only told to keep these 3 things when cooking:

?Vegetarian
?Main course should be beans
?Easy to eat with a spoon

He also talked about Michael doing pranks on him everyday and that one time when he had to sing a Japanese folk song for the king of pop.

Mr Takaya prepared several dishes at a time, more than 300 kinds in total. Always taking notes and carefully watching what Michael likes or dislikes. Michael didn't eat well, but tofu was a gamechanger.

So the chef started to make various tofu dishes, and one of those became Michael's favorite, wanting to eat it everyday.

Tofu hambagu steak (tofu hamburger/hamburg steak)

(1/5)
Michael Jackson's favorite tofu burger
RECIPE
(2?3 serving)
Ingredients for the patties:

?180 g firm tofu
?150 g boiled soy beans
?20 g japanese yam
?30 g breadcrumbs
?50 g onion (finely chopped)
?1 egg yolk
?1 Tbsp sake
?0.5 Tbsp sugar
?1.5 Tbsp red miso paste

(2/5)
Instructions:

1. Drain tofu
2. Grind the soy beans coarsely
3. Saute onions until tender, add the soy beans and continue to saute until moisture is gone
4.Microwave yams until cooked, mash coarsely wz a spatula
5.Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with hand

(3/5)
6. Make oval shape patties and toss it from one hand to another a few times to get rid of the air trapped inside to avoid cracking
7.Cook in a non-stick frying pan

(4/5)
Ingredients for the sauce:

?200 ml dashi soup
?50 g shimeji mushroom
?50 g maitake mushroom
?1 Tbsp soy sauce
?1 Tbsp sake
?0.5 Tbsp sugar
?1 Tbsp potato starch dissolved in water

(5/5)
Instructions:

1.Bring dashi soup to a boil, add mushrooms and simmer for a few minutes
2.Add the condiments, and finally add the potato starch to thicken the sauce
3. Pour it over the burger

There are few special ingredients required in this recipe.

The key ingredients to make it "meatlike" are soybeans for texture and red miso for color and taste.

I'm not sure where this goes. but if it's needs to be remove please do so.

Michael Jackson fans will know the names Dennis Tompkins & Michael Bush. The couple worked with Michael Jackson for over 25 years to create his costumes for short films, awards ceremonies, photo shoots and concerts. They created some iconic looks for the King of Pop but also dressed other celebrities such as Elizabeth Taylor and Denzel Washington’s wife Pauletta and Britney Spears.

In December 2011, Dennis has sadly passed away and to honor Dennis and Michael Jackson, Bush released a book “The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson” released in November 2012.

The book release was followed by an Auction where Bush sold most of the Jackson’s costumes via Julien’s Auctions house. Most of the items were sold to pop singer Lady Gaga.

And that sudden death of his partner, Bush says, was a factor in the decision to auction off these prized possessions. He insists that he’s not doing it for a quick buck (the proceeds from the sale, in part benefit Guide Dogs of America and the Nathan Adelson Hospice in Vegas). It’s meant to be a gift for the fans.

“The same thing could happen to me,” Bush says. “And if I go and no one knows what this stuff is or it goes into a landfill, it’s lost. I’d rather have it spread around the world like Michael’s music.”

The auction and book were tarnished by controversy over the signatures on the items. Each items were allegedly signed by Michael Jackson to Bush.

It was known that Michael Jackson got some of his staff, including Bush, to mimic his autograph and some theories from fans showed that Bush fraudulently signed the items as Michael Jackson to avoid any questions to why he had those items in hand.

Nevertheless, Tompkins and Bush had great talent and created amazing and historical pieces for Michael Jackson and today, it has been announced that both designers will be inducted to the Walk of the Stars Palm Springs.

Michael Bush stated on social media:

I was recently surprised by my best friends who told me that Dennis Tompkins and I were approved for a STAR on the Walk of Fame in Palm Springs. The city of Palm Springs gave approval and over the coming months I will be working with them on the exact location as well as the actual date. I know if my partner Dennis was alive today, he would not believe that “Tompkins & Bush” would have a star and I can’t believe that this was given to me in my lifetime. This is a huge honor and I want all the people who I love including friends, family and fans of the celebrities we worked with over the past 30 plus years , know they are welcome to attend this ceremony. I will let you know the dates in 2021 when the city approves the ceremony as I want everyone to feel welcome when it is safe to attend. I am very grateful to the city of Palm Springs as well as my friends who nominated me and Dennis.
Michael Bush on Facebook (13/10/2020)

To be introduced to the Walk of the Stars Palm Springs, you will need to have lived or live in Palm Springs and be nominated.

The ceremony will take place in 2021 (date to be confirmed).

https://pschamber.org/walk-of-the-stars/

Back