I Love Cats!!!

ginvid

Proud Member
I thought we could have a thread all about cats. Cute pictures of them. Great stories. Youtube videos. Macros!!!

Yay! I love cats!

[youtube]OcUROQL29H0[/youtube]

Last edited:
images

Cats, purrfection.

images

images

images

That video, Maru,, I love it! Amazing how they can get into and out of the most unlikely places!

This thread is getting lovelier by every post. I add some more Maru into the mix, as I can never get enough of this amusing slightly fat Japanese cat with an obsession for boxes:

^^^hysterical:

Why do cats love boxes so much? My sister bought her cat this expensive cat spa that came in a huge box. She took the spa out, set it up, and laid the box to the side. Then she called her cat Alivia. Alivia came and looked back and forth between the box and the spa before ultimately decided on the box. And, she loved that box. I told my sister Livvy was saying it was the best gift ever. She was not amused.

I like cats too. They are cute! I had many cats. It's hard though when they die.

There are two cats that have been wandering through my neighborhood over the past couple of months. One of them, a white and gray one, has been spotted in my yard with an increasing frequency over the past month. Yesterday, she (I'm assuming it's a she) went walking across the yard and my mom and I noticed that her stomach was hanging rather low. We think she's pregnant, and that she might be looking for a suitable place to nest. :bugeyed

^Welcome her into your home :) Kittens are the cutest creatures on earth. Via the local shelter or just via aqcuintances of yourself I'm sure you'll be able to find new homes for them.

I'm not sure if she is a stray or not. I assumed she was because she seems to be out at all hours of the day. Neither she nor the other cat have any collars, and obviously she was not fixed. She seems friendly, but only when there is a barrier between us, like a screen. Otherwise, they both run away when approached. I'm kind of hoping she doesn't pick our property. I know that sounds awful to say!

Speak of the devil: who should I find chillin' on my deck now?

IMG_1225.jpg

Last edited:
I loved this book as a child. Did anyone ever read it?

http://www.amazon.com/Catwings-Ursula-K-Guin/dp/0590428330

Well, last night the kitty was back (she's been back like every day) and she wanted to come inside. I wasn't sure that it would be okay with the others, so I didn't let her in (she was trying to open the screen door herself). My mom said that I could welcome her in if she returns.

I do. :) If she is in fact carrying kittens and decides to give birth to them here, then I'll help any way that I can.

I do. :) If she is in fact carrying kittens and decides to give birth to them here, then I'll help any way that I can.

You should because that's such a sweet thing to do. Keep us posted on that.

aww Tarinjade that is wonderful,,,I love cats...I have one..she is a tiger cat and her name is Delilah..is will be 3 years old on July 28th..she is a sweet girl. Please keep us updated on your hopefully kitty to be.

TarinJade;3380890 said:
Well, last night the kitty was back (she's been back like every day) and she wanted to come inside. I wasn't sure that it would be okay with the others, so I didn't let her in (she was trying to open the screen door herself). My mom said that I could welcome her in if she returns.

Try to get the cat inside and keep her there.
if she gives birth outside it´s possible she hides the kittens and
1.they might be killed by another animal
2.You don´t see the kittens until they are old enough to play and run around and you need more time to catch them and get them social
3.You don´t find the kittens and they survive and there are female kittens who grow up and have kittens too and you soon have a colony in the neighbourhood

I think it´s best t have the catmother indoors until she can be neutered otherwise she might give birth to another litter before you have found homes for the first ones.

Sometimes there are no kittens the cat is just fat or sometimes it can be many worms in the belly.

Well, here's an update. She's in my house now, for the time being. She's not pregnant. She basically moved into my yard 24/7 and I couldn't leave her outside in the rain.

I bought a litter box and bed for her to sleep in...she'd BETTER use them. I don't need to be finding cat droppings all over the house tomorrow. I tried to show her the litter box but she ignored me. :sigh: I'm putting a message in on craigslist, and flyers in neighboring mailboxes tomorrow to try to find her owner, if she has one.

Back