I Love Cats!!!

Well, here's an update. She's in my house now, for the time being. She's not pregnant. She basically moved into my yard 24/7 and I couldn't leave her outside in the rain.

I bought a litter box and bed for her to sleep in...she'd BETTER use them. I don't need to be finding cat droppings all over the house tomorrow. I tried to show her the litter box but she ignored me. :sigh: I'm putting a message in on craigslist, and flyers in neighboring mailboxes tomorrow to try to find her owner, if she has one.

I think she will want to stay with you. LOL Looks like she chose you to be the owner of it. :heart:

I think she will want to stay with you. LOL Looks like she chose you to be the owner of it. :heart:

It's not to be. My one brother is very allergic to cats, and our household is just not set up for a pet. If nobody claims her, then I will most likely be taking her to a no-kill shelter. She deserves a good home.

EDIT: She's back home now. The owner came for her this afternoon. She lives only two houses away. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I L.O.V.E. cats myself though I prefer dogs more. Because of the fact that the house I live in is cat house. Here are my 2 cats and I had taken both of these pictures.

My little Tabbykins name Tabby:

jenspic007.jpg

She will be 16 years old this late July.

And this is my mother's cat Coco who's real name is Cocopuff.

jenspic015.jpg

She's a chocolate point Siamese cat. Who will be 8 years old in September.

This is my favorite big cat:

tigers.jpg

I have such a huge massive L.O.V.E. for tigers. I still so badly want to spend the rest of my life living in Asia saving them.

And these are my top 3 favorite cartoon kitties:

ga030615.gif

Garfield has always been my number 1 favorite cartoon cat.

1249989034.jpg

figaro.png

I think Figaro is one of the most cutest cartoon characters ever.

I L.O.V.E. cats myself though I prefer dogs more. Because of the fact that the house I live in is cat house. Here are my 2 cats and I had taken both of these pictures.

My little Tabbykins name Tabby:

jenspic007.jpg

She will be 16 years old this late July.

And this is my mother's cat Coco who's real name is Cocopuff.

jenspic015.jpg

She's a chocolate point Siamese cat. Who will be 8 years old in September.

Beautiful! :wub:

ga030615.gif

Garfield has always been my number 1 favorite cartoon cat.

I love Garfield!!! :wild: :heart:

A very touching story about an old woman who lost 1 of her 3 cats during the Tuscaloosa tornado last month and ... found her "honney" :p 3 weeks later!

Judy Pugh, Woman Who Lost Home In Tuscaloosa Tornado, Experiences 'Miraculous' Event On Camera
The Huffington Post, 05/21/11 08:25 PM ET

A very touching story about an old woman who lost 1 of her 3 cats during the Tuscaloosa tornado last month and ... found her "honney" :p 3 weeks later!

Judy Pugh, Woman Who Lost Home In Tuscaloosa Tornado, Experiences 'Miraculous' Event On Camera
The Huffington Post, 05/21/11 08:25 PM ET

Wow! :eek: Great story! :heart: Thanks for posting.

Sweet big cats for a change... :wub:

Liger Cubs Born In China, 2 Survive

Yes, ligers are more than just a super awesome Napolean Dynamite joke.

In fact, the world recently got two more ligers. According to 9news, a Manchurian tiger gave birth to three cubs on May 13th, two of which (one male, one female) remained healthy and survived. The cubs' father was an African lion.

You can see the hybrids for yourself in the video below.

Lions and tigers are able to mate because they are members of the same genus, though they do not share the same species classification. Whether or not the liger cubs will be able to reproduce remains to be seen, but it is not unheard of.

Lion and tiger mating only occurs in captivity, according to National Geographic. Chinese state television reported that there are only about 20 ligers in existence.

Ligers themselves are massive creatures when they are fully grown.

From NatGeo:

The faintly striped, shaggy-maned creatures are the offspring of male lions and female tigers, which gives them the ability to both roar like lions and chuff like tigers—a supposedly affectionate sound that falls somewhere between a purr and a raspberry.
Weighing in at about a thousand pounds (450 kilograms) each, they typically devour 50 pounds (23 kilograms) of raw meat in a meal.

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=954204007001&playerID=34762914001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAB_wnNRk~,WN9MweAQd_tBaI99JKgDAc W3bUx7peWv&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=954204007001&playerID=34762914001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAB_wnNRk~,WN9MweAQd_tBaI99JKgDAc W3bUx7peWv&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Source

Sweet big cats for a change... :wub:

Liger Cubs Born In China, 2 Survive

Yes, ligers are more than just a super awesome Napolean Dynamite joke.

In fact, the world recently got two more ligers. According to 9news, a Manchurian tiger gave birth to three cubs on May 13th, two of which (one male, one female) remained healthy and survived. The cubs' father was an African lion.

You can see the hybrids for yourself in the video below.

Lions and tigers are able to mate because they are members of the same genus, though they do not share the same species classification. Whether or not the liger cubs will be able to reproduce remains to be seen, but it is not unheard of.

Lion and tiger mating only occurs in captivity, according to National Geographic. Chinese state television reported that there are only about 20 ligers in existence.

Ligers themselves are massive creatures when they are fully grown.

From NatGeo:

Source

Long life to them! :heart:

Cat Mom Hugs Kitten: Cute/Ridiculous Animal Thing Of The Day (VIDEO) :wub:
05/26/11 01:46 PM ET

"No. No words. Poetry. They should have sent a poet."

Here's the play-by-play: a baby kitten is dreaming while asleep next to its mother. Said baby kitten starts twitching its tiny, adorable paws. Mother cat squeezes baby kitten into a warm, nurturing, fuzzy hug. Everyone in the world collectively loses their minds with joy. And scene.

WATCH: :D

Source

Cat Mom Hugs Kitten: Cute/Ridiculous Animal Thing Of The Day (VIDEO) :wub:
05/26/11 01:46 PM ET

"No. No words. Poetry. They should have sent a poet."

Here's the play-by-play: a baby kitten is dreaming while asleep next to its mother. Said baby kitten starts twitching its tiny, adorable paws. Mother cat squeezes baby kitten into a warm, nurturing, fuzzy hug. Everyone in the world collectively loses their minds with joy. And scene.

WATCH: :D

Source

Awwwww :wub: Soooooooo cute. :heart:

Oh.my.gosh. That ^^^^ was the most adorable video I've seen all day. :wub:

Cuban Cat Breed Makes the Feline Scene :wub:
2011-06-02 07:26

This cat has got a case of the blues.

Cuban cat lovers say they've just discovered the new breed of cat, which they're calling the Cuban Blue.

The effort to formally recognize the feline has been taken up by the Cuban Association of Cat Enthusiasts.

Olga Fernandez, who already has more than 30 cats, says she hopes to breed the animal and produce first-class Cuban Blues.

[Holga Fernandez Lopez, Chief Breeder, Cuban Association of Cat Enthusiasts]:

"You can tell the difference in the type of cat by its color. It isn't the same as a common cat with different colors. Therefore, with a blue male cat and a blue female cat, we can get blue kittens."

The Cuban Blue looks similar to the Russian Blue, and for a long time was believed to be the same breed.

Experts are studying the cat's eye shape, body structure and fur qualities to determine whether it's a type of gene - or something else.

[Angel Uriarte Rubio, President, Cuban Association of Cat Enthusiasts]:

"Another possibility is that it was a spontaneous mutation which is not included because, well, mutations are constantly occurring in nature. And it is possible that there was a spontaneous mutation here."

It remains to be seen if the rest of the cat world will accept the Cuban Blue as a new breed.

Cuban Cat Breed Makes the Feline Scene :wub:
2011-06-02 07:26

This cat has got a case of the blues.

Cuban cat lovers say they've just discovered the new breed of cat, which they're calling the Cuban Blue.

The effort to formally recognize the feline has been taken up by the Cuban Association of Cat Enthusiasts.

Olga Fernandez, who already has more than 30 cats, says she hopes to breed the animal and produce first-class Cuban Blues.

[Holga Fernandez Lopez, Chief Breeder, Cuban Association of Cat Enthusiasts]:

"You can tell the difference in the type of cat by its color. It isn't the same as a common cat with different colors. Therefore, with a blue male cat and a blue female cat, we can get blue kittens."

The Cuban Blue looks similar to the Russian Blue, and for a long time was believed to be the same breed.

Experts are studying the cat's eye shape, body structure and fur qualities to determine whether it's a type of gene - or something else.

[Angel Uriarte Rubio, President, Cuban Association of Cat Enthusiasts]:

"Another possibility is that it was a spontaneous mutation which is not included because, well, mutations are constantly occurring in nature. And it is possible that there was a spontaneous mutation here."

It remains to be seen if the rest of the cat world will accept the Cuban Blue as a new breed.

Beautiful cat! :wild: :heart:

I liked this one the most but i felt so sorry for the cat :(
Yea, that kitty got scared :D

Some interesting facts about cats, water and swimming:

Not all cats hate water. In fact, some cats love water. Cat species native to hot areas seem to enjoy water, whereas cat species from cold areas aren't so fond of the wet stuff. Tigers, lions, jaguars, ocelots, and jaguarundi are all from hot savannas, and they enjoy taking dips in cool, refreshing streams and ponds whenever they get the chance.

Snow leopards, lynx, bobcats, and cougars live in cold environments and have little interest in getting wet. One veterinary professor suggests that water damages the ability of a cat's fur to insulate the animal against cold. This would explain why cold-weather cats don't like water - it only makes them colder. But hot-weather cats don't have this problem.

Many domestic cats don't seem to enjoy water sports. Of course, they may not experience the extreme heat of the African plains, so they have no great impulse to take a dip. Also, no cats enjoy water used against them in an antagonistic manner or getting water in their eyes or ears. Being sprayed or squirted with water isn't fun, nor is being forced into a bath. Cats much prefer to meet new situations on their own terms.

Some housecats enjoy stepping into a shower or playing with a dripping faucet. The tolerance for water varies from cat to cat and may depend on the cat's previous experience. When people regularly enter their cats in cat shows, the cats must be bathed frequently, and those cats do get accustomed to the procedure. Show cats are often raised for the profession and get used to baths as kittens.

Cats are natural swimmers, and in the wild, a cat will swim to cross a stream or lake. Some Asian cat varieties enjoy fishing and regularly dive into water to catch a tasty meal.

The Turkish Van is a breed of domestic cat that loves the water. This cat is found near Lake Van in Turkey and has been a household pet in the area for centuries. Vans will even swim into the harbor to greet fishing boats!

Cute swimming kitties............

But Tigers are the only cats that will swim voluntarily............they actually enjoy it..........

..........and they can hunt in the water as well...............which means you can never be safe from a hungry tiger!!!

But Tigers are the only cats that will swim voluntarily............they actually enjoy it..........

..........and they can hunt in the water as well...............which means you can never be safe from a hungry tiger!!!

Jaguars swim a lot too.

These domestic cats are enjoying it! They're playing games and swimming with ease. :)

Yea, that kitty got scared :D

Some interesting facts about cats, water and swimming:

Not all cats hate water. In fact, some cats love water. Cat species native to hot areas seem to enjoy water, whereas cat species from cold areas aren't so fond of the wet stuff. Tigers, lions, jaguars, ocelots, and jaguarundi are all from hot savannas, and they enjoy taking dips in cool, refreshing streams and ponds whenever they get the chance.

Snow leopards, lynx, bobcats, and cougars live in cold environments and have little interest in getting wet. One veterinary professor suggests that water damages the ability of a cat's fur to insulate the animal against cold. This would explain why cold-weather cats don't like water - it only makes them colder. But hot-weather cats don't have this problem.

Many domestic cats don't seem to enjoy water sports. Of course, they may not experience the extreme heat of the African plains, so they have no great impulse to take a dip. Also, no cats enjoy water used against them in an antagonistic manner or getting water in their eyes or ears. Being sprayed or squirted with water isn't fun, nor is being forced into a bath. Cats much prefer to meet new situations on their own terms.

Some housecats enjoy stepping into a shower or playing with a dripping faucet. The tolerance for water varies from cat to cat and may depend on the cat's previous experience. When people regularly enter their cats in cat shows, the cats must be bathed frequently, and those cats do get accustomed to the procedure. Show cats are often raised for the profession and get used to baths as kittens.

Cats are natural swimmers, and in the wild, a cat will swim to cross a stream or lake. Some Asian cat varieties enjoy fishing and regularly dive into water to catch a tasty meal.

The Turkish Van is a breed of domestic cat that loves the water. This cat is found near Lake Van in Turkey and has been a household pet in the area for centuries. Vans will even swim into the harbor to greet fishing boats!

Awww, so cute! This reminds me on a cat I had when I was little. The best cat ever! She used to love water. She jumped in when I was taking a bath, she stayed in the sink with the water turned on and put her paws in there and then washed herself. I used to take her to the swimming pool with me. She was a sensation. I really miss her! :cry:

I really love cats, I'm definitely more of a cat person than a dog person. I'm a bit sad at the moment as it's been a whole year since my old cat went missing so there's really no hope of him returning now :(

I have a new cat now though, he is a bengal cross (and loves water).

One question I wanted to ask you guys, I'm about to start letting him out now that he's 6 months old. He's had his vaccinations and is microchipped and I have booked his castration. My question is though, what are your feelings on castration? My old cat was not castrated and I think this might be why he got lost if he went searching for females, so maybe this one is safer in that way but I keep getting told by people that I will ruin his personality if I get him castrated, is this true?

I know it keeps the numbers of unwanted kittens down and possibly curbs their aggression (which is beginning to show already - he plays very rough) and stops them spraying (which I'd never seen him do until he was last at the vets and there was another male cat in the waiting room), but does it really "ruin" their personality? Any advice or information on either side would be welcome, I would prefer personal experience or feelings though as I have researched it on the web and got a load of stuff on either side so wanted to ask for a more personal view if possible.

I've never had a castrated cat, but I've seen some of my friends' cats: very often they become obese and lose their interest in going out :unsure:

I really love cats, I'm definitely more of a cat person than a dog person. I'm a bit sad at the moment as it's been a whole year since my old cat went missing so there's really no hope of him returning now :(

I have a new cat now though, he is a bengal cross (and loves water).

One question I wanted to ask you guys, I'm about to start letting him out now that he's 6 months old. He's had his vaccinations and is microchipped and I have booked his castration. My question is though, what are your feelings on castration? My old cat was not castrated and I think this might be why he got lost if he went searching for females, so maybe this one is safer in that way but I keep getting told by people that I will ruin his personality if I get him castrated, is this true?

I know it keeps the numbers of unwanted kittens down and possibly curbs their aggression (which is beginning to show already - he plays very rough) and stops them spraying (which I'd never seen him do until he was last at the vets and there was another male cat in the waiting room), but does it really "ruin" their personality? Any advice or information on either side would be welcome, I would prefer personal experience or feelings though as I have researched it on the web and got a load of stuff on either side so wanted to ask for a more personal view if possible.

I have cats (males and females) and all are neutered. They are very quiet and were not obese, gained only 2 or 3 pounds. When I'm home, doors and windows are always open and they never were to another place, not even to the roof of the house. They are just walking in the yard or stay in the garden.

umm....!!! hahaha

I love cats too. I wasn't that info dogs until we got a boxer about half a year ago. He's the greatest dog ever! I want another cat. I remember when I was a really young kid I had a cat named Snickers that would wake me up every morning by licking my face. Years later I had another cat named Puma who was so lovable also. They say a dog is a man's best friend. Cats can be too!!! lol

Back