Michael being interviewed by children

I read somewhere that he did this with his own children too. He never used baby talk when raising them, opting instead to talk to them with an adult voice.

Thanks I thought it was going to be 94 or 95. In this video he looks like 1994-1995 Michael. If that makes any sense to you.lol.
That's what I was going to guess-because he looks very similar to how he looked in his interview with Lisa Marie with Diane Sawyer.

You know when I noticed how great Michael was with kids and confirmed to me that he would have been the best father ever, was the Martin Bashir doc. Bashir, Michael and Prince are in the elevator and somebody says something about Star Wars. Martin Bashir asks Prince a question and then Michael repeats the question to Prince, but says it in a way he understands. He doesn't use baby talk, he just rephrases the question. So naturally. And Prince answers-like he knows this movie very well. I loved that-you could tell that Michael talked to the kids a lot-he was born to be a father.

I would try to find the clip, but I don't want to pull up the Bashir thing-I can't handle watching it tonight just to find it. :(

Thanks I thought it was going to be 94 or 95. In this video he looks like 1994-1995 Michael. If that makes any sense to you.lol.

Do I understand corretly that he says in the video "I told her 12" (meaning he wanted 12 children)? If so that would mean he and LMP were still married, so it must be either 1994 or 1995.

That's what I was going to guess-because he looks very similar to how he looked in his interview with Lisa Marie with Diane Sawyer.

You know when I noticed how great Michael was with kids and confirmed to me that he would have been the best father ever, was the Martin Bashir doc. Bashir, Michael and Prince are in the elevator and somebody says something about Star Wars. Martin Bashir asks Prince a question and then Michael repeats the question to Prince, but says it in a way he understands. He doesn't use baby talk, he just rephrases the question. So naturally. And Prince answers-like he knows this movie very well. I loved that-you could tell that Michael talked to the kids a lot-he was born to be a father.

I would try to find the clip, but I don't want to pull up the Bashir thing-I can't handle watching it tonight just to find it. :(
. Yes, he does look similar to the way he looked in the Diane sawyer interview.

Oh yes I think I know what clip you are referring to from the bashir interview. It was so cute minus bashir.

Do I understand corretly that he says in the video "I told her 12" (meaning he wanted 12 children)? If so that would mean he and LMP were still married, so it must be either 1994 or 1995.
. Yep, that's what he said. That's another reason why I thought it was going to be year 1994 or 1995.

I agree Barbee, he was definitely born to be a father..! Sometimes I think he should've been a dad when he was way younger, I just saw this picture of him in '88, carrying his niece around on his hip - looking like a proud daddy :wub: so adorable!

Anyways, he looks absolutely amazing here! I think it's 1996 too (it does say so at the beginning of the video)

Do I understand corretly that he says in the video "I told her 12"

I think he says 'actually, a total of 12' :)

Looking at interviews like this it's easy to see why so many children loved Michael. He respected them

Absolutely and definitely. He is a total natural when it comes to being a father. Interesting, but not surprising the thing about wanting 12 kids considering his large family. Funny thing about that is that I don't come from a large family myself, quite on the very contrary, yet I still had this idea back when I was very young that once I grew up I would have a football team of kids with some substitutes as well, which does mean 12, at least LOL. Too bad Michael didn't take me up on the offer back in 2000 or whenever I offered to do that for him since it does seem that we had similar wishes. For obvious reasons now it's too late.

Leavin' twisted, dark humor aside, the way in which he treats children is indeed lovely. From my own experience with them it is best when you give them respect and attention and not be act in a condescending manner. In a way, I am a lot like him. I love children very much and they do seem to gravitate towards me; perhaps it has a lot to do with the fact that I can talk their language, whether reading them stories or letting them read, at the museum or cooking with them, teaching them English or just buying them history books to entice their appetite for knowledge, they are always great and I'm always happy to be around them.

Back