Lady Gaga wears MJ outfit at Hillary Clinton rally.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
It's the actual outfit MJ wore.
She's so lucky to own those clothes.
jNI9NSg.jpg

CwuS0ZaXcAAF7Sm.jpg

Michael without a doubt wore it best.:wub:

Last edited:
I understand that now it is hers, I don’t really know why but for me it feels wrong or just unusual.

I understand that it is a tribute or something like that but I really would prefer an MJ inspired outfit but not actual Michael’s clothes.

Although it also gives a feeling that MJ attended that event and expressed his support.
Good or bad but as if he still could speak out.

I like Lady Gaga but sometimes it seems that she really confuses tributes to someone with being a bit self-centered.

Allusio;4173958 said:
I understand that now it is hers, I don’t really know why but for me it feels wrong or just unusual.

I understand that it is a tribute or something like that but I really would prefer an MJ inspired outfit but not actual Michael’s clothes.

Although it also gives a feeling that MJ attended that event and expressed his support.

I like Lady Gaga but sometimes it seems that she really confuses tributes to someone with being a bit self-centered.

I can see where your coming from. :yes:
She brought the clothes fair and square though, and has always genuinely seemed to love MJ. :yes:
Her wearing the outfit also has people talking about MJ's iconic style, which is a good thing.

She looks incredible. I'm glad she wore it, it shows that she has a knowledge about Michael's fashion (that he wore at the White House in '90) and didn't just casually buy it because it was MJs (and this is Lady Gaga we're talking about, she would definitely know her fashion).

Before everyone gets mad, I don't think she's wearing Michael's actual jacket however,it's appears to be a replica tailored for her. [EDIT: Looks like it might be the 1994 MTV VMAs outfit, which seems to be the same jacket albeit altered slightly. I'll keep this post up cos you can see the changes, which is cool!).

ekkcurr.png

Notice how around the collar, there is different jewellery. On top of that, the diamond is much closer to the centre than it is on Michael and talking about the centre, the buttons are now (bigger) diamonds. In addition, there are red dots on the sleeve that don't appear to be on Michael's jacket:

D8IN5D0.jpg

Visit-in-the-White-House-michael-jackson-7242920-1200-795.jpg
6aZ95Gd.jpg

Lady Gaga has an extremely high appreciation for Michael's fashion and maintains his clothes in a temperature controlled room so they are appropriately preserved. She would not alter Michael's clothing. Given she would have the exact jacket in her possession (assuming she owns it), she would be able to create a very close 1:1 replica with extra specifications she desires.

Last edited:
Allusio;4173958 said:

I feel every letter you have type!

^ I guess my feelings are based more on the realizing that Michael is not here to wear it …

it's appears to be a replica tailored for her.

ekkcurr.png

Notice how around the collar, there is different jewellery. On top of that, the diamond is much closer to the centre than it is on Michael and talking about the centre, the buttons are now (bigger) diamonds. In addition, there are red dots on the sleeve that don't appear to be on Michael's jacket:

D8IN5D0.jpg

Visit-in-the-White-House-michael-jackson-7242920-1200-795.jpg
6aZ95Gd.jpg

Lady Gaga has an extremely high appreciation for Michael's fashion and maintains his clothes in a temperature controlled room so they are appropriately preserved. She would not alter Michael's clothing. Given she would have the exact jacket in her possession (assuming she owns it), she would be able to create a very close 1:1 replica with extra specifications she desires.

Some people are saying it's this jacket too. :)
CwuS0ZaXcAAF7Sm.jpg

Either way I'm not mad.

^^Wow! I didn't notice they were so similarly designed!

article-1196395-0002C8CD00000258-963_468x609.jpg

Ok, so the red marks around the collar and sleeve are there. I've been questioning the patterns on the shoulders but it might just be me (most photos of the two incidents aren't exactly high quality, especially for 1994 MTV Awards)
J5IufBD.jpg

Interesting. So it seems Gaga's jacket is the White House/1994 MTV VMAs jacket with the diamond reattached! No longer sure if it's a replica or not but regardless, I like it. She rocks the look :) MJ's style lives on :D

jNI9NSg.jpg

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, if there was one person who I'd want wearing Michael's clothing, it's Gaga. She'd definitely take proper care of it, she understands the significance of it (which is likely why she's wearing it at such an important event) and therefore treats it accordingly.

(and be honest, if you guys owned a piece of Michael's clothing, you'd definitely wear it at some point too. I know I would).

Last edited:
I'm not mad too but I'm sad ...

I’m most certain I would not wear Michael’s clothes if I owned any.

Happy for Gaga to have this opportunity though, hope it will help her at some point.

Pink Diamond Princess;4173956 said:
It's the actual outfit MJ wore.
She's so lucky to own those clothes.

Michael without a doubt wore it best.:wub:

To be honest, personally I am a bit annoyed by that trend of celebrities who wear other artists’ (signature) outfits, or replicas of them.

I am of the opinion that artists’ outfits (MJ, in this case) should not be auctioned at all, in the first place.

I think it is best for MJ’s clothes to be kept & displayed in some kind of art/costume museum, & people/fans to be able to see them for years on end while paying a very small, nominal fee.

HIStoric;4173961 said:
Before everyone gets mad, I don't think she's wearing Michael's actual jacket however,it's appears to be a replica tailored for her.

It makes no difference at all, whether it is the actual outfit or a replica.

Celebrities (especially, when it comes to Lady Gaga) should try to create their unique fashion styles, rather than resorting to easy ways of capturing the public’s attention (by wearing other famous artists’ signature outfits, both in events & music clips).

mj_frenzy;4173972 said:
To be honest, personally I am a bit annoyed by that trend of celebrities who wear other artists’ (signature) outfits, or replicas of them... ...It makes no difference at all, whether it is the actual outfit or a replica.

So what about Michael dressing up as Charlie Chaplin, which he did multiple times?
cgqGFih.jpg

mj_frenzy;4173972 said:
Celebrities (especially, when it comes to Lady Gaga) should try to create their unique fashion styles, rather than resorting to easy ways of capturing the public’s attention (by wearing other famous artists’ signature outfits, both in events & music clips).

That's a fair enough statement to make generally. I'm fine with the "once in a blue moon" tribute, but artists should have their own style for the most part. Your statement is not something I would apply to Gaga however. One of the many reasons Gaga stood out in the first half decade of her career was because of her "out there" outfits, to the point where other celebrities starting dressing more "out there" in the response (think Katy Perry at the 2011 MTV VMAs). Out of her hundreds and hundreds of public appearances over the years, Gaga has only dressed up as Michael perhaps... twice? Only one other time is coming to mind at the moment...

Lady Gaga's choice to wear Michael's clothing was both a symbolic gesture, but also one to help gain more attention. It's symbolic because it's the outfit Michael wore when he went to the White House to meet the President of the United States (what could that be suggesting about Clinton?), but it's also because it would gain more attention on social media. The whole point of her appearance tonight was to raise awareness and get (younger) people voting! She wants as many people to hear her message! She made a very deliberate and conscious choice, and she chose her outfit accordingly. I'm very glad she chose an outfit that actually had a meaning too, rather than something irrelevant like the Billie Jean jacket or whatever.

I don't like the fact all these pieces of clothing were sold, but I appreciate her buying them because if they were going to be auctioned anyway, I'd rather have someone like her own them and take care of them and keep them all together.. but I don't really like her wearing them tbh. It feels like it's part of history, and it just feels kinda 'wrong' for anyone else to be sweating inside them lol.

It's symbolic because it's the outfit Michael wore when he went to the White House to meet the President of the United States

People will probably still recognize it as that jacket, but it's the '94 VMA one. They're very similar but one is not the altered version of the other - they're two separate jackets. The '94 one is longer in the front and has more buttons. And if I remember correctly, I read in Bush' book Michael actually gave the one he wore at the White House away because someone told him "hey I like your jacket", lol. They weren't so pleased with that! :laugh: Then they had to make another one, which is the '94 VMA one.

People will probably still recognize it as that jacket, but it's the '94 VMA one. They're very similar but one is not the altered version of the other - they're two separate jackets. The '94 one is longer in the front and has more buttons. And if I remember correctly, I read in Bush' book Michael actually gave the one he wore at the White House away because someone told him "hey I like your jacket", lol. They weren't so pleased with that! :laugh: Then they had to make another one, which is the '94 VMA one.

That's right! I read the book too and remember hearing that about a jacket but I didn't remember it was this jacket. Thanks! :D

So looks like Gaga has got a replica diamond to essentially "merge" the two jackets together. You're right though, people on social media are definitely recognising it as the White House jacket.

^ What Michael did for Charlie was delicate and tasteful. That was honest admiration. That was a tribute.

This one feels different to me.

^ What Michael did for Charlie was delicate and tasteful. That was honest admiration. That was a tribute.

This one feels different to me.

What's the difference? Genuinely curious, although I suppose our opinions of delicate and tasteful might differ.

Keep in mind, I'm not against MJ's tribute to Chaplin (in fact, being a big fan of Chaplin and his work, I love it!). Just that, given mj_frenzy's broad "I am a bit annoyed by the trend of celebrities who wear other artists' (signature) outfits, or replicas of them" statement, I was seeing if he would hold Michael up to the same standard too.

That's right! I read the book too and remember hearing that about a jacket but I didn't remember it was this jacket. Thanks! :D

So looks like Gaga has got a replica diamond to essentially "merge" the two jackets together. You're right though, people on social media are definitely recognising it as the White House jacket.

Yeah no problem :D I think the 'diamond' on Michael's jacket was probably just a brooch, so she might have gotten the original one with everything else. Maybe she wore them together to have people think it was the White House jacket for symbolic reasons :)

I've also heard a lot of talk about people thinking it's a nazi costume?! :bugeyed because of the armband..

I've also heard a lot of talk about people thinking it's a nazi costume?! :bugeyed because of the armband..

Yup, mainly from Trump supporters (perhaps a bit ironic considering who they support but hey).

TBH some of Michael's military outfits probably were inspired by the Nazis, but I don't see any issue with that. It goes without saying that I absolutely loathe the Nazis, what they did and what they stand for; however they had an exceptionally good wardrobe. Seems like a pretty standard "old time" ceremonial military outfit (in my layman terminology), it might just be the colours that are triggering people as Nazis wore red armbands with swastikas, for example.

HIStoric;4173985 said:
What's the difference? Genuinely curious, although I suppose our opinions of delicate and tasteful might differ.

Keep in mind, I'm not against MJ's tribute to Chaplin (in fact, being a big fan of Chaplin and his work, I love it!). Just that, given mj_frenzy's broad "I am a bit annoyed by the trend of celebrities who wear other artists' (signature) outfits, or replicas of them" statement, I was seeing if he would hold Michael up to the same standard too.

If you see no difference, you are lucky! I’m happy for you.

May I ask if Michael wore actual Charlie’s clothes, yet dancing Billie Jean? Maybe I just don’t know something.

How would he hold Michael up to the same standard too if Michael just didn’t do that?!

Michael did a tribute, he played Charlie.

Keep in mind, I'm not against Gaga’s tribute if it is a tribute.

HIStoric;4173976 said:
So what about Michael dressing up as Charlie Chaplin, which he did multiple times?

HIStoric;4173985 said:

MJ’s great & real admiration for Charlie Chaplin started from a very young age & it has been well documented throughout the years.

So, I honestly believe that the fact that MJ decided to honor Charlie Chaplin on several occasions (by being photographed/dressed like him) is perfectly normal & understandable.

HIStoric;4173976 said:
That's a fair enough statement to make generally. I'm fine with the "once in a blue moon" tribute, but artists should have their own style for the most part. Your statement is not something I would apply to Gaga however. One of the many reasons Gaga stood out in the first half decade of her career was because of her "out there" outfits, to the point where other celebrities starting dressing more "out there" in the response (think Katy Perry at the 2011 MTV VMAs). Out of her hundreds and hundreds of public appearances over the years, Gaga has only dressed up as Michael perhaps... twice? Only one other time is coming to mind at the moment...

Lady Gaga's choice to wear Michael's clothing was both a symbolic gesture, but also one to help gain more attention. It's symbolic because it's the outfit Michael wore when he went to the White House to meet the President of the United States (what could that be suggesting about Clinton?), but it's also because it would gain more attention on social media. The whole point of her appearance tonight was to raise awareness and get (younger) people voting! She wants as many people to hear her message! She made a very deliberate and conscious choice, and she chose her outfit accordingly. I'm very glad she chose an outfit that actually had a meaning too, rather than something irrelevant like the Billie Jean jacket or whatever.

On the contrary, repeatedly copying other artists’ images/styles (mainly, for the sake of personal, commercial success) is a completely different thing & not foreign to Lady Gaga’s attitude at all.

Lady Gaga’s habit of copying images/styles of other, very famous female artists cannot be ignored (Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, to name a few), or even blatantly repeated copy actions (Christina Aguilera, for instance).

It also seems that Lady Gaga is always in search of proper occasions (like, some sort of tribute events) so as to ‘justify’ that particular habit she has. Her behavior is hardly surprising to me anymore.

Yup, mainly from Trump supporters (perhaps a bit ironic considering who they support but hey).

TBH some of Michael's military outfits probably were inspired by the Nazis, but I don't see any issue with that. It goes without saying that I absolutely loathe the Nazis, what they did and what they stand for; however they had an exceptionally good wardrobe. Seems like a pretty standard "old time" ceremonial military outfit (in my layman terminology), it might just be the colours that are triggering people as Nazis wore red armbands with swastikas, for example.

^From Trump supporters.. seriously? :doh:

They might be - in terms of design - and that's fine with me too. I do get the link, but it's still a bit far fetched - the nazi's did have an excellent wardrobe lol, but this isn't your typical nazi outfit.. What baffles me is that people believe someone like that. To think she (or anyone) would just show up at an event like this in an actual Nazi costume is idiotic imo.

Allusio;4173991 said:
If you see no difference, you are lucky! I’m happy for you.

May I ask if Michael wore actual Charlie’s clothes, yet dancing Billie Jean? Maybe I just don’t know something.

How would he hold Michael up to the same standard too if Michael just didn’t do that?!

Michael did a tribute, he played Charlie.

Keep in mind, I'm not against Gaga’s tribute if it is a tribute.

I consider it delicate and tasteful primarily because first of all, I know how Gaga handles Michael's clothing, I know her views on Michael and how much the clothing mean to her. She treats his clothes with respect and wouldn't perform in a certain manner if she felt doing so could harm the outfit in any way.

Secondly, I consider it tasteful because she did perform Born This Way at the rally, a song that is centred around a message of acceptance and equality; a message that Michael has always expressed through his music and actions. Therefore I imagine she definitely sees it as a tribute to him in a way.

mj_frenzy;4173992 said:
MJ’s great & real admiration for Charlie Chaplin started from a very young age & it has been well documented throughout the years.

So, I honestly believe that the fact that MJ decided to honor Charlie Chaplin on several occasions (by being photographed/dressed like him) is perfectly normal & understandable.

Lady Gaga's admiration for Michael has been documented over the years too and she has paid tribute in her various music videos over the years. In addition, keep in mind that the '90s photos were taken originally taken to be used as for the cover for Smile's single, until Chaplin's Estate asked Michael not to do that (and he complied).

I think Michael's tribute is understandable too and once again, I have no issue with it. I have no issue with artists paying tribute to other artists.

mj_frenzy;4173992 said:
On the contrary, repeatedly copying other artists’ images/styles (mainly, for the sake of personal, commercial success) is a completely different thing & not foreign to Lady Gaga’s attitude at all.

Lady Gaga’s habit of copying images/styles of other, very famous female artists cannot be ignored (Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, to name a few), or even blatantly repeated copy actions (Christina Aguilera, for instance).

It also seems that Lady Gaga is always in search of proper occasions (like, some sort of tribute events) so as to ‘justify’ that particular habit she has. Her behavior is hardly surprising to me anymore.

Gaga's never been afraid to shy away from showing their influence on her, and given she has had many original costumes over the years, I am fine with it. She has always been very open to crediting artists that have influenced her, her work and her outfits.

Lil;4173993 said:
^From Trump supporters.. seriously? :doh:

They might be - in terms of design - and that's fine with me too. I do get the link, but it's still a bit far fetched - the nazi's did have an excellent wardrobe lol, but this isn't your typical nazi outfit.. What baffles me is that people believe someone like that. To think she (or anyone) would just show up at an event like this in an actual Nazi costume is idiotic imo.

Agreed. It feels more in line with a military outfit from before the Nazis were a thing... but anything to support your agenda I suppose.

^^ Well, I don’t know how she handles Michael's clothing. I know how I would handle it and it is not this way.

I guess I just don’t trust her.

Hope she’s happy with the results of this tribute.

Allusio;4173997 said:
^^ Well, I don’t know how she handles Michael's clothing. I know how I would handle it and it is not this way.

I guess I just don’t trust her.

Hope she’s happy with the results of this tribute.

That's cool, each to their own :)

She has remarked a few times in the past (as recently as a couple of weeks ago on "Carpool Karaoke") that for all of her MJ outfits, she keeps them in a temperature controlled room to preserve them as best as possible, if you're wondering. There were also rumours a few years back that she was looking into perhaps opening a Michael Jackson museum, but evidently nothings come of that as yet.

I don't think she thought this through at all. Many Trump supporters seem to claim that Hillary is 'on the side of Satan'. She shouldn't drag MJ into a political argument. He cannot speak for himself. If she wants to support someone politically she should do so as herself, with no 'props'.

Wow! I don't understand some of the negativity. It's a MJ jacket she looks great good for her!

:doh:

I thought Halloween was over... I hope she wasn't trying to channel Michael...

Maybe someone who knows something about fashion can advise. But wouldn't a small, tight jacket tailored specifically for Michael Jackson, a man, be ill-fitting for someone like Gaga, breasts n' all.

On the same hand it's funny how big it looks on Gaga...

NO, it doesn't fit her. Michael was clearly taller and Bush/Tompkins tailor-made it based on HIS measurements. She could have the clothes in alk pristine conditions you name but we know if Michael were still here today, he'd probably still have them in his possession. It would have been another story if he had sold Gaga his stuff or had give them to her but they never even met, that's why I see it wrong

I see The Sun likened it to Nazi uniform. LOL, tabloids are so stupid. The style of those clothes has nothing to do with the Nazis. An armband doesn't make a Nazi uniform either. If anything, the jackets MJ wore were inspired by the kind of jackets worn by Hussars.

A Hussar (/h??z??r/ h?-ZAR, /h??z??r/[SUP][1][/SUP]) was a member of any one of several types of light cavalry used during the 18th and 19th centuries.

Historically, the term derives from the cavalry of late medieval Hungary, under Matthias Corvinus.[SUP][2][/SUP] The title and distinctive dress of these horsemen were subsequently widely adopted by light cavalry regiments in European and European colonial armies in the late 17th and 18th centuries. A number of armored or ceremonial mounted units in modern armies retain the designation of hussars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussar)

husz%c3%a1r%20mente.jpg

sz955.jpg

Last edited:
Back