Lady Gaga wears MJ outfit at Hillary Clinton rally.

So what about Michael dressing up as Charlie Chaplin, which he did multiple times?
cgqGFih.jpg

Now, now despite me having no problem with her wearing the outfit it's nowhere near the same thing as MJ dressing up as Charlie for a photoshoot.
Lady Gaga wore the MJ outfit at a huge political event.
Whenever MJ went to an event of some kind you were hard pressed to find him not in his own unique style.
An equivalent of what Gaga did would be if MJ had worn one of Fred Astaire's or James Brown's coats to some important event, award ceremony, etc.

I see The Sun likened it to Nazi uniform. LOL, tabloids are so stupid. The style of those clothes has nothing to do with the Nazis. An armband doesn't make a Nazi uniform either. If anything, the jackets MJ wore were inspired by the kind of jackets worn by Hussars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussar)

husz%c3%a1r%20mente.jpg

sz955.jpg
Yeah, people are reaching with that nazi shit, LOL.

She shouldn't drag MJ into a political argument.
This much is true.
Many people are now saying MJ was a nazi/dressed like a nazi and he is not here to defend himself from such accusations.
Honestly, such accusations are ridiculous in the first place, but people will believe just about anything when it comes to Michael.

Also, to anyone that's mad about this may I suggest you direct your anger at whoever sold the outfit to Gaga instead of Gaga herself.
She could not wear it if she did not purchase it from someone.

y'all crazy if i PAID MY MONEY I'm wearing it at least once tf lol

mj_frenzy;4173972 said:
Celebrities (especially, when it comes to Lady Gaga) should try to create their unique fashion styles, rather than resorting to easy ways of capturing the public’s attention (by wearing other famous artists’ signature outfits, both in events & music clips).
You mean like this? :D
[video=youtube;Sb5aq5HcS1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5aq5HcS1A[/video]

If someone is going to wear it to an event, I don't know a better setting!! This is the jacket he wore to the white house when he was being honored.. This is an event in support of someone going for the White House..

If someone is going to wear it to an event, I don't know a better setting!! This is the jacket he wore to the white house when he was being honored.. This is an event in support of someone going for the White House..

I don't have 'a horse in this race' as I don't live in the USA, but as a woman I'm very depressed that she wore a man's jacket to one of the most major events giving backing to a potential first woman President. What is that all about? As a political message it sucks :( I'm a huge MJ fan, and I know that he supported women to 'be themselves and reach for their dreams'. Why does Gaga have to dress as a man to do that? She might as well have worn a crinoline, for all the modernity of her message. She even tries the 'MJ sunglasses' move. I despair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kybQYHOcBkQ

(And it's not even the 'White House' jacket...it's the VMA jacket!)

but as a woman I'm very depressed that she wore a man's jacket
What exactly is a man's jacket? No such thing as male & female fashion. If that was the case, women would still not be allowed to wear pants, like in the Victorian era. Pants were considered to be for men only.

What exactly is a man's jacket? No such thing as male & female fashion. If that was the case, women would still not be allowed to wear pants, like in the Victorian era. Pants were considered to be for men only.

It's obviously Michael's jacket and designed especially for him. She wore it because it is Michael's. (and her 'removing the sunglasses' gesture reinforces that impression). I don't want leading women (or their supporters) to do impressions of men! I want them to be themselves.....

Wearing a 'particular' man's well-known jacket is very different thing to wearing 'any' pant suit or dinner jacket etc

“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville

I have no problem others making tributes to Michael but Gaga goes beyond paying homages, she downright copies him.

Exactly. That jacket and whole outfit looked fantastic on Michael that day and it looks terrific on Gaga too.
Very symbolic IMO showing power as well as a reference to Michael's trip to the WH.
I'm glad Gaga bought those clothes and honors them instead of them being scattered to the winds.

(Looks like a futuristic Nazi was hilarious).

fashion

It's obviously Michael's jacket and designed especially for him. She wore it because it is Michael's. (and her 'removing the sunglasses' gesture reinforces that impression). I don't want leading women (or their supporters) to do impressions of men! I want them to be themselves.....

Wearing a 'particular' man's well-known jacket is very different thing to wearing 'any' pant suit or dinner jacket etc
Mike wore his mom's coat for the Motown 25 performance. So by what you're saying, he wore a "woman's jacket". Also Mike wore lots of makeup, and in western society, cosmetics are said to be for women.

Leni Riefenstahl

People talking about nazi fashion, in the 1990s people accused Mike of basing those History ads on the work of filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl.

I don't have 'a horse in this race' as I don't live in the USA, but as a woman I'm very depressed that she wore a man's jacket to one of the most major events giving backing to a potential first woman President. What is that all about? As a political message it sucks :( I'm a huge MJ fan, and I know that he supported women to 'be themselves and reach for their dreams'. Why does Gaga have to dress as a man to do that? She might as well have worn a crinoline, for all the modernity of her message. She even tries the 'MJ sunglasses' move. I despair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kybQYHOcBkQ

(And it's not even the 'White House' jacket...it's the VMA jacket!)
Michael inspired and continues to inspire many people.
MJ couldn't/can't help it that he was a man while doing so.

I've got a feeling some of these negative comments have more to do with people having a dislike for Gaga, than anything 'real'.

As far as I am aware she always seems respectful towards MJ so, as I don't personally know her to judge otherwise, I'll accept she does this kind of thing as a tribute to someone she thought highly of.

It's true I don't like her music, I've never admired her but trust me, I'd make the same fuss about Chris Brown, Usher, Beyoncé or anyone else wearing actual Michael's clothing if it was known for a fact he didn't gift them away. She physically owns the clothes but those were made specifically for ONLY ONE MAN in mind to wear them, that's why it's a sacrilege in my eyes she dares to wear HIS outfits.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4174069 said:
It's true I don't like her music, I've never admired her but trust me, I'd make the same fuss about Chris Brown, Usher, Beyoncé or anyone else wearing actual Michael's clothing if it was known for a fact he didn't gift them away. She physically owns the clothes but those were made specifically for ONLY ONE MAN in mind to wear them, that's why it's a sacrilege in my eyes she dares to wear HIS outfits.
She didn't steal the clothes though.
Someone put them up for sale for her to be able to buy them to wear them.
I feel as though that anyone who's angry about this should be angry at the person who sold her the clothes, and not Gaga herself.
Gaga has always seemed genuine in her love of MJ to me, and I can't find it in myself to be mad at her for this.

I know she didn't steal them, they were auctioned by Bush and Tompkins and I'm angry at them too, such treasures should be exhibited in a museum, not owned in private/semi private collection.

All i see it as Lady Gaga at a rally showing her support for Hillary Clinton and she just happen to have on a jacket that she brought that belong to Michael Jackson. I see no harm in it maybe wearing it gave her some encourage words to say to Hillary supports. I really do believe if Michael was with us today and if he was ask to speak at a rally for Hillary Clinton Michael would do it.

I like some of the things that was said in the posts here in this thread like the museum i hope one day that will happen a place where MJ items can be on display where the fans can see it.

That how i feel about it.

You know Trump supports would see it like that.

Michael inspired and continues to inspire many people.
MJ couldn't/can't help it that he was a man while doing so.

I look forward to seeing a male rock/ pop/ any kind of current and popular music star wearing a deceased famous woman's clothing at the final event prior to the next Presidential election :)

I know she didn't steal them, they were auctioned by Bush and Tompkins and I'm angry at them too, such treasures should be exhibited in a museum, not owned in private/semi private collection.

I think we would all LOVE an MJ museum (I myself made a thread about one), but I really doubt such a thing will ever exist.
It would honestly shock me if the estate did that.

I look forward to seeing a male rock/ pop/ any kind of current and popular music star wearing a deceased famous woman's clothing at the final event prior to the next Presidential election :)
Well whenever someone invites RuPaul (or maybe Jaden Smith), that could happen. :rofl:

Doesn't surprise me at all.
Republicans are NOT intellectual curious about anything, including popular culture. Anything out of the traditionally white bubble is inconceivable to them, so they get confused and start making shit up.
They didn't know this was something MJ wore because they're simply not interested in music, entertainment, culture, etc. that comes from people who aren't white. They don't care about context, history, intent, meaning, etc.
They dismiss anything out of the ordinary, anything culturally different from what they're used to.
It's pathetic.

Michael wore that armband as a plight for children's suffering, and wore that since the mid 80s... and all of a sudden... it´s nazi.

And the Trumps, they didn't mind when Trump retweeted neo-nazis 100 times.
they didn't mind that the KKK is solidly for Trump.
they didn't mind that Trump has numerous anti-Semitic ads.
they didn't mind that the neo-nazis have all endorsed Trump.
they didn't mind that Trump selected a white nationalist as a delegate.
they didn't mind that Trump treats the disabled as if he's following Aktion T4.
they didn't mind that Trump asked Bannon to lead his campaign.
they didn't mind that Trump Jr. became a hero to neo-nazi websites.
They don't mind that the KKK 'newsletter' endorsed Trump.

but watch them lose their minds and shout "Nazi!" at Lady Gaga wearing an old Michael Jackson outfit.

Bush and Tompkins had the same right to sell it as Gaga to wear it now!

Why to be angry at anyone?

I am just not ready to see anyone wearing Michael’s clothes… It is not about Gaga, it’s about Michael.

I also have to say that Gaga indeed really has chosen an occasion perfectly for herself. That was really perfect opportunity.
Now she can say it is symbolic, out of love and respect… and many other things.

Yet, to me it feels wrong and unusual.

Back