Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Michael in the late nineties -2003?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,170 Posts

Default Re: What happened to Michael in the late nineties -2003?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    I said I read it. Calm down. My thing is he sure put a lot of pressure on it onstage but no big deal. Im not gonna argue about something that happened in 1992 lmao
    Why write something provocative, say you "read it somewhere" and then tell someone else to calm down about it? He actually didn't put much pressure on it, at all, if you're talking about the RTT performance, where he sat in the chair. He was just tapping the foot, which would have been fine - bearing weight is where he would have felt pain and there was no weight bearing load on it in that performance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 980 Posts

smh....

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 980 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    When Michael passed out due to chest pain in 1990 in his home dance studio, who did he fake this for?

Source: JET, June 18th, 1990
    michael had alot health problems.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 730 Posts

Some of you need to go listen to tabloid junkie.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

This period (late ‘90s - 2003) is also the period when his public behaviour raised eyebrows.

For instance:

In 2002, he was protesting (by holding banners) against his record company on a double-decker bus (in London and later in New York).

At the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002 (August), he accidentally knocked his leg to the wall right before appearing on stage when Britney Spears introduced him.

At the same event, he appeared confused and accepted a non-existent Artist Of The Millennium Award.

Also, he dangled his baby over a balcony at his hotel in Berlin in 2002 (November).

At the 2002 Bambi Awards in Berlin, he took to the stage too early upon hearing his name, so he had to return back and to hide for some seconds backstage in the stairs until Boris Becker (the German tennis player who presented him with the award) called him to come to the stage properly.

At the 2002 Bambi Awards again, he had difficulty in wearing his reading glasses when he was about to read his speech.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    This period (late ‘90s - 2003) is also the period when his public behaviour raised eyebrows.
    Obviously your absolute favourite MJ era BECAUSE of that.

At the same event, he appeared confused and accepted a non-existent Artist Of The Millennium Award.
    This has been discussed on here several times before.

MTV set him up with this. Michael was indeed told to receive an "Artist Of The Millennium Award" only to get him to appear in the show. Some fans back then reported that the title "Artist Of The Millennium Award" appeard on MTVs website BEFORE the event. See this old thread about it: https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/66034

And see here: https://site2.mjeol.com/2009/06/28/m...lennium-award/

How would he come to make up such a specific award name of such mind boggling high prestige, if noone had precisely told him about it?

There seems to be nothing written on that award thing he's getting. So what is that, if not some dummy award to make him think it's exactly what he was told to receive? The Happy Birthday Award? (That day was his 44th birthday.) Why did he even have prepared a piece of paper with names he wanted to thank, if noone had told him about receiving at least SOME kind of award? A thank-list for a birthday cake??

It's one of those stories that only biased people like you will believe without hesitation. Of course you coudn't care less about people debunking this story and of course you will continue to tell it the way that it makes Michael look wacky, because, as you keep demonstrating on a daily basis, that is literally the only thing that interests you about Michael Jackson.

For a pro-Michael conspiracy theory.... how about: It's interesting that this happened shortly after Michaels public falling out with Sony.

At the 2002 Bambi Awards in Berlin, he took to the stage too early upon hearing his name, so he had to return back and to hide for some seconds backstage in the stairs until Boris Becker (the German tennis player who presented him with the award) called him to come to the stage properly.

At the 2002 Bambi Awards again, he had difficulty in wearing his reading glasses when he was about to read his speech.
    We all saw that, Captain Obvious. And wow, such BIZARRE behaviour........

At the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002 (August), he accidentally knocked his leg to the wall right before appearing on stage when Britney Spears introduced him.
    Shoulder, not leg. See video.
    This was some small side stage, and it rather looks like a stage building error with a too tight entrance way and something sticking out behind that white wall that got in his way.

But hey, instead you could try raise your eyebrows over him saying "um" a couple of times in his speech... soooo BIZARRE.
    Last edited by Electro; 15-09-2020 at 08:02 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 917
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 545 Posts

For instance:

In 2002, he was protesting (by holding banners) against his record company on a double-decker bus (in London and later in New York).

Also, he dangled his baby over a balcony at his hotel in Berlin in 2002 (November).

He shouldn't have held the baby like that, but that other stuff you wrote is not odd behaviour...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,483 Posts

Just a couple of things:

Bambi Awards 2002

1. The ceremony was held in German. Michael heard his name and misinterpreted the context. I’d like certain people here to see how they always interpret every context correctly in a foreign language, particularly in a noisy environment.

2. Michael wasn’t used to his glasses yet, and seemed also to feel a bit uncomfortable with the fact that he had to wear them in public.

Balcony incident

Michael didn’t seem to care much about heights. He had no problems hanging from the cherry picker, and there are many photos of him standing on top of roofs or sitting on a balcony railing etc. I believe, in his view all that mattered was that he had a tight grip on his child – and then it simply wouldn’t make a difference to him if he was standing on the ground, or on a balcony, or sitting in a tree. He also apologized when he realized that others interpreted the situation differently.

Soul Train

Michael received an award for his humanitarian work by one of the most important institutions of the Black music community. To claim that he was too lazy to perform on this occasion is ridiculous. This occasion was apparently so important to him that he decided to perform in spite of his injury.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,622 Posts

MTV did advertise it like MJ was going to get that kind of award. That was the ONLY reason I tuned in and knew to watch. That why when I heard about MJ got it mixed up and thought he was getting an award, I was like "that is a lie. MTV did promote MJ's appearance as if he was going to get an award". MJ would not have prepared a speech if they did not tell him he was going to get an award. I think they LIED to MJ just to get him on the show and it was his birthday.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    MTV did advertise it like MJ was going to get that kind of award. That was the ONLY reason I tuned in and knew to watch. That why when I heard about MJ got it mixed up and thought he was getting an award, I was like "that is a lie. MTV did promote MJ's appearance as if he was going to get an award". MJ would not have prepared a speech if they did not tell him he was going to get an award. I think they LIED to MJ just to get him on the show and it was his birthday.
    He heard Britney Spears (in her introduction speech about him) calling him ‘Artist Of The Millennium’ and he erroneously believed that he was about to receive such an award.

After the show, even MTV representatives admitted that there was no such an ‘Artist Of The Millennium' Award (by stating also that some wires simply got crossed).

Michael Jackson made an embarrassing mistake, and this was not the only one in that period (late ‘90s - 2003).

Apart from the above incidents that I have already mentioned, he embarrassed himself also on another occasion, which took place during his visit to England in 2002 (June).

While he was in the House Of Commons (located inside the UK Parliament) he sat on one chair but he was immediately reprimanded for that because only elected members are allowed to sit on these chairs.

Lord Janner spoke about that incident, and he also was among the people who reprimanded him for that and ordered him to immediately stand up.

Michael Jackson failed to see (or he simply ignored) the big signboard with the words ‘PLEASE DO NOT SIT ON THESE CHAIRS’ written on it.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 537 Posts

He heard Britney Spears (in her introduction speech about him) calling him ‘Artist Of The Millennium’ and he erroneously believed that he was about to receive such an award.

After the show, even MTV representatives admitted that there was no such an ‘Artist Of The Millennium' Award (by stating also that some wires simply got crossed).

Dude, open your INPUT channel.

"erroneously believed" is YOUR BIASED SPECULATION. It's not fact.

If MTV set him up... of course they will NOT openly admit to that after the show.

Btw, from a BBC News Online article from 30th August, 2002 about the VMAs:

Confusion reigned over the appearance of Michael Jackson, who was being fêted by Britney Spears as her "artist of the millennium" on his 44th birthday.

Jackson gave a speech, clearly under the impression he was being given an award for artist of the millennium.

But an MTV spokesman in New York told BBC News Online there had been a birthday gift but no such award even existed, a stance contradicted by the music station's own website, mtv.com.

Indeed Jackson had picked up what looked like an award and gave a seemingly prepared speech.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2223890.stm
    Last edited by Electro; 27-09-2020 at 12:00 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Yeap. Any fan that was around then can corroborate what T is saying . Even saved the screen shot announcing the award!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 876 Posts

Yeah, was gonna say pretty sure I've seen a Web archive or screenshot that advertises the award. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but pretty sure I'm not. It definitely seems like they did it just to embarrass him.

Edit: Ah the screenshot is above

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,622 Posts

MTV never had that kind of "mix up" before or with anyone else. Again, I know what I saw advertised and MJ clearly did as well.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 586 Posts

Kudos to ya'll for sticking out here, I already would have given up with this mj_frenzy, Jesus christ.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Staffordshire Bullterrier For This Useful Post: