Michael Jackson’s Ghosts coming to YouTube this Halloween!

Awesome news. This is the first re release since the VCD and VHS versions. They better don't use those as source.

Awesome news. This is the first re release since the VCD and VHS versions. They better don't use those as source.
A proper Laserdisc rip that's remastered would be better even. But you would expect that the estate has more proper quality available, but we'll see. This really deserves a 4K or at least a full HD scan.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk

I’m hoping for at least 1080p here. But either way, they get points for doing SOMETHING to spread the word about this insanely underrated video. Hopefully the credit doesn’t end there!

AlwaysThere;4307562 said:
I’m hoping for at least 1080p here. But either way, they get points for doing SOMETHING to spread the word about this insanely underrated video. Hopefully the credit doesn’t end there!

I know it’s silly but hope we get some Ghosts/Thriller merch to go with it!

i predict it will be 480p version. I hope i am wrong.

dam2040;4307563 said:

That would be fantastic, especially if they reached the quality level of (most of) the History 25 merch!

(Rolls eyes) the same way the did Bucharest, they don't care about us 2020, & still no thriller 4k.... if you look in most mj comments all you see is fans wanting a remaster & it'll be the same with ghost. The wowow version we have now will look better than what they will put out....& why only until Nov 1st??? What's the point of that!?? Nothing exciting about that John! It'd be different if he said 4k but he didn't so for me.... this cycle will never end

'exciting news'

haha, this estate is a complete joke.
it will be another low res video upload on YouTube. horrible.

Dismissing the concern about the video quality, this is actually great! An official upload of this short film would definitely bring more attention to it. :)

Dismissing the concern about the video quality, this is actually great! An official upload of this short film would definitely bring more attention to it. :)

Agreed. Ghosts doesn't get a lot of love, so an official upload of it is good news, IMO.

yay! those hoping it will be hd youre dreaming

I know times have changed, and may be I am a bit old fashioned, but somehow I think Michael wouldn't consider a YouTube upload to be a proper release.

Sure, when it's HD, I will open VideoDuke on my Mac and grab the video. I want it in better quality than the VCD I have. But I would prefer something more exciting. I would love to spend some money on it and have something nice.

I know times have changed, and may be I am a bit old fashioned, but somehow I think Michael wouldn't consider a YouTube upload to be a proper release.

Sure, when it's HD, I will open VideoDuke on my Mac and grab the video. I want it in better quality than the VCD I have. But I would prefer something more exciting. I would love to spend some money on it and have something nice.

I think we all would, but we all know what the estate are all about at this point.

I actually really think this is great news.

No - it will not be HD. - forget all about 1080p or 4K. - it will be the old version we know.

BUT - non the less this is a great move for MJ to take over the Halloween even more.

I hope the MJ Halloween special will also be showed on many TV-channels around the world.

Next year hopefully we will get Thriller 4K

Why upload it only for 3-4 days? It MUST be on YouTube forever, on the official channel.
Of course they are ripping the LaserDisc version before to upload it :)rolleyes:)....

I don’t expect anything from this release. I do hope that it would be a freshly scanned version from the original film reels.

I don’t understand why they don’t release it on Netflix for the general public.

Why upload it only for 3-4 days? It MUST be on YouTube forever, on the official channel.
Of course they are ripping the LaserDisc version before to upload it :)rolleyes:)....

Because they will probably release it on DVD/Blu-Ray with other short films at some point and they want people to buy it. They haven't uploaded full version of Bad either.

None of us know if Michael would of allow a official release on youtube. but michael was known always to be one of the people who was in the new teach etc. so in my opinion michael probably would improve this with his others short films as well.

it was Prince who didn't like his things being on youtube but happen a few years after he died.

Great news. The Estate is finally releasing something.

I only hope that it would be in better video quality than we had. It would be so embarrassing if the official release is in worse quality.

dam2040;4307563 said:

cool idea but probably not gonna happen. maybe next year or in the future.

I think this is great news. it probably not gonna be in HD but it's good that people will see this underrated short film. i'm probably gonna download it when they upload it. you can also find it on dailymotion. it's not HD but it's the full short film.

i give the estate kudos. but i also feel it's needs to be HD and stay on the youtube channel then taken it down a few days. they probably got something plan for it being release on it's own.

hopefully one day we will get Thriller and Ghosts in HD.

Back