Which MJ song would you want to hear Paris Jackson do?

Mjjpikagurl

Proud Member
If Paris Jackson was to do an actual cover of one of MJ's songs which one would you like to hear her do? Personally for me it would be either "Stranger In Moscow" or "Little Susie".

I can hear Paris Jackson singing these lines from "Maybe Tomorrow":

"I don't know how many stars there are
Up in the heavenly sky
I only know my
Heaven is here on Earth
Each time you look into my eyes"

If Paris Jackson was to do an actual cover of one of MJ's songs which one would you like to hear her do? Personally for me it would be either "Stranger In Moscow" or "Little Susie".

Well, she sings a different style of music to Michael's, so I find it difficult to hear her voice in most of his solo songs. I do like your suggestions of "Stranger in Moscow" and "Little Susie" though - they would suit her voice, for sure.

Maybe something soft and melodic from The Jacksons would also work, like "Destiny", "Be Not Always", "Time Waits for No One".

Well, she sings a different style of music to Michael's, so I find it difficult to hear her voice in most of his solo songs. I do like your suggestions of "Stranger in Moscow" and "Little Susie" though - they would suit her voice, for sure.

Maybe something soft and melodic from The Jacksons would also work, like "Destiny", "Be Not Always", "Time Waits for No One".

I mentioned Little Susie for the subject matter. I would never want to see her make a career out of performing her dad's music but I would like to see her do maybe a cover here and there or one song during live performances only.

What about Earth Song or Heal the World or even Who Is It? Or even sample some of the instrumental music from MJ's short film Ghosts.

None. Especially not that early in her musical career. She's better off doing her own completely different thing.

When I started this thread I meant like 5, 10, 15 years down the road, not now.

I think an acoustic cover of Best Of Joy would be lovely.

None. She doesn't have the vocal range to pull it off.

You could have saved this comment. LOL I don't think we're fully aware of what her vocal range is, to be honest.
Of course, if she did sing one of Michael's songs, she would naturally choose one that fitted her range.

I saw a snippet of a live Instagram video, where Paris was playing "Give Into Me" and singing parts of it.
She said that the chords were "ridiculously hard" to learn, but I liked the way her voice sounded when singing.
An acoustic, slow tempo version of this song could be quite interesting, I think.

Given the tone of her voice and the general vibe of her music, I think she would sound absolutely gorgeous singing "Stranger in Moscow".

I also don't quite see the harm of Paris covering some of her father's music. Every artist does covers when they first start out, and Paris is in the unique position of being Michael Jackson's daughter. It would only make sense if she were to do a couple of her songs. She doesn't HAVE to, but I don't at all agree that she shouldn't.

None... Or any if she wants...

(But what I would like would be that the "kids" make use of their rights on MJ's music to make the estate release serious releases !)

Though I keep my initial point of view that Paris doesn't not "have to" refer to MJ's music as she's an artist on her own.

But recently I has this kind of flash ... I would like to see Paris perform with the Jacksons if they still perform...
(I'd leave it up to the artists to decide how many MJ related songs they could do and how far or close to the originals they should be... I just though this could be great to see.)

Like some of y'all have said, she's waaaay too early in her career to start making a habit of covering her dad's work. If all doesn't go well, it might come off as lackluster or even worse, disrespectful. And none of us want that.

I think an acoustic cover of Best Of Joy would be lovely.

This. Slower-paced, more softly-sung songs are best for both the style of songs she sings and her range (although she might have a wider range than we think, only time will tell). I'd also add "Heaven Can Wait", "Butterflies", or "Break of Dawn". "Butterflies" in my opinion would match her voice perfectly.

Back