24th January News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
How are you today! I hope you are prepared to know that kansas.com has written that Usher may have a duet with Michael lol does it surprise you? Do you believe?

Have a nice day! :flowers:

Mentionings:

Eight pop culture events for 2008

7. Usher, title TBA The Georgia R&B singer promises to be more eloquent and have more than "yeah" to say this time. His new album -- which may feature a duet with Michael Jackson -- is all about growing up, getting married and being a dad. Due in the spring.

http://www.kansas.com/entertainment/story/290047.html

Student's strength of mind survives

AUK RAPIDS — When Lindsey Schmidt talks to groups, she starts by asking a couple of questions.

"How many of you have seen celebrities on a daily basis and been to Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch?"

Almost no one raises a hand.

The tone changes with the second question.

"How many of you have had over 18 brain surgeries and lived through it?"

No one raises their hand in response to that question, either.

The point is that Schmidt, a 24-year-old Sauk Rapids resident, has lived a life that has had incredible blessings and incredible challenges.

The fact that Schmidt tells most of the story herself is a blessing she and her family still have difficulty putting into context.

On April 5, 2005, surgeons removed a tumor the size of a golf ball from the third ventricle of her brain — in the middle of her head, and the farthest spot down from the top of the skull. The third ventricle provides a pathway for the cerebrospinal fluid that protects the brain and spine from trauma.

After surgery, Schmidt's tumor tested as a Grade 1, or benign, tumor.

On Sept. 13, 2003, she also attended a birthday party for Michael Jackson at his Neverland Ranch. Tickets were $5,000, but a friend who worked at a radio station had extras.

"Once you got in, everything was free.

"There were tents everywhere and there was a different food theme in every tent," she said. "At one point, they called us all into one of the tents and there was a stage set up and we all sang 'Happy Birthday' to Michael Jackson."

These are just small quotes taken out from the article. To read all aricle go to http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/NEWS01/101240036/1009

Local Release Roundup

RHYMEFEST | Man in the Mirror | (Free download at rhymefeststore.com)

Legacy Recordings must have thought it would make for good music—or at least a good marketing gimmick—to have Will.i.am, Akon, and Kanye West remix some of Michael Jackson’s songs for the 25th-anniversary edition of Thriller that’s coming out next month. But faced with material that’s so culturally monumental and sounds so dated—it’s hard to believe how rinky-dink the synths on Thriller seem now—the guest producers either lost their nerve and applied only the barest gloss of up-to-date sounds (Will.i.am’s approach) or threw caution to the wind and ran roughshod over the originals (Akon rewrites the verses to “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’,” replacing Michael’s vocals with his own ode to Auto-Tune, and throws in his trademark prison-door-slam sample for good measure).

Rhymefest’s new mix tape, Man in the Mirror, is a much more interesting treat*ment of MJ’s work. These are freestanding tracks, not remixes, each built around a loop from a Jackson or Jackson 5 song, and little of the source material is instantly recognizable to a casual fan. Though it samples the King of Pop as though he were a mere mortal, Man in the Mirror is worshipful in its own way—in the skits Rhymefest talks with a Michael Jackson impersonator (about the way other races see black people, about the pressure he feels to put thug **** in his rhymes), and he sounds so sincere that it doesn’t feel tacky. This mix is also a lot more fun than the Thriller retreads. Rhymefest isn’t the most nimble MC, but he’s got a sharp sense of humor and irony, and his unfancy flow gets a boost from his smart-ass wordplay—not to mention the guest turns from Wale and Talib Kweli. The producers—including the ****-hot Mark Ronson—are clearly thrilled to be messing around with some of the most primo R & B of all time, and they bring their A games. Man in the Mirror is packed with thrills no record exec would dare dream up: “No Sunshine” uses a quick loop of the vocals from the original song’s bridge to create delirious chipmunk-soul mania, and the skit where Rhymefest asks the fake Michael Jackson for his advice on groupies and relationships flirts so openly with cheap-shot humor that when it doesn’t take the low road it’s like watching a tightrope walker not quite fall. Download this while you still can.

Rhymefest's MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/rhymefest

http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/sharpdarts/080124/

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1976 - The Jackson Five appeared on "Soul Train."

1987 - A sketch entitled "Michael Jackson Workout" was show on "Saturday Night Live."

I heard on the Russ Parr morning show, that Raymone Bain called them to say that she has not been fired by Michael Jackson, and that she still works for him.

Eight pop culture events for 2008

7. Usher, title TBA The Georgia R&B singer promises to be more eloquent and have more than "yeah" to say this time. His new album -- which may feature a duet with Michael Jackson -- is all about growing up, getting married and being a dad. Due in the spring.

I'm sure Usher is "praying" that Mike accepts his duet offer. LOL! That would be HUGE for Usher and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

thanks for the information, if this is true, then it would be awesome. everybody wants a piece of michael.

I heard on the Russ Parr morning show, that Raymone Bain called them to say that she has not been fired by Michael Jackson, and that she still works for him.

Thank you for the news, Magic.

Jaydom - thanks for posting that. I am glad that she did that. I really am and I am glad that she is in his team.

AI Loves MJ....Michael Jackson![/i]

(Boulder-CO) Miss Suns Gossip recently had a chance to interview Carmelo Anthony and dug up an interesting fact about Allen Iverson. Apparently, AI loves Michael Jackson! Carmelo even goes as far as to call Iverson, "Michael's #1 fan".

Check out the video too:

http://nuggdoctor.blogspot.com/2008/01/ai-loves-mjmichael-jackson.html

That is not a shock to me. When AI was in a Sixer, the Philadelphia Daily News celebrated his birthday listing facts about Allen. One of the facts was that he can do a mean Michael Jackson. Hehehehe.

news for the 25th thanks to lesliemjhu

Probably just a very few fans can remember the case filed by 'Real Time Staffing Services Inc.' against MJ. They won a restriction against MJ back in 2005, and wanted to put a lien on Neverland.

Now MJ's lawyers settled this case, and Neverland is safe from this company.
------------------------------

still waiting to see what happens with all the other cases that have leins on the ranch ontop of the tax liens.

Last edited:
some more.. MJ business news

Flo Rida Gets Signed to Pub Deal​
01/25/2008 00:37​
10x10spcr.gif
Flo%20Rida.jpg

Flo Rida
10x10spcr.gif
Martin Bandier, Chairman and CEO, Sony/ATV Music Publishing announced that the company has entered into a long-term, worldwide co-publishing agreement to represent artist Flo Rida. The deal includes Flo Rida’s current smash hit single “Low,” as well as his writing on his forthcoming debut album entitled Mail On Sunday, currently slated for release on March 18.
Based in Florida, Flo Rida’s hit “Low” featuring T-Pain, has been a multi-format smash across retail, digital download charts and radio. It broke the record for the most downloads at iTunes in one month during November 2007, with nearly half a million downloads. The song is already surfacing in other formats and will be featured in the upcoming movie release, Step Up 2 The Streets from Touchstone Pictures, which debuts in US theaters on Thursday, February 14, and appears on the accompanying movie soundtrack album to be released by Atlantic Records.
“Low” has also been driving interest on YouTube, where former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker posted his own heavy metal remix of the single, featuring a blistering drum track from Barker. The video has logged close to 700,000 hits since it was posted in mid-January.
The Creative Contact for Flo Rida is Juan
http://www.urbannetwork.com/cms/index.php?news=1187

Back