The Essential Janet Jackson NEW YAY

lmojackson

Proud Member
The Essential Janet Jackson is the third greatest hits album by American R&B/pop singer Janet Jackson, to be released in 2009. It is the first Janet Jackson compilation album in Sony BMG's The Essential series.

The album is released in a three disc set, which will be released in North America and Europe only. Since Sony BMG was able to coordinate with A&M Records, Virgin Records, and Island Records, all four labels were able to reach an agreement of releasing this compilation. This album gives Sony BMG to license all of Jackson's previous singles and collaborations, giving credit to all the labels who took part in her career. The album features five of Jackson's singles from Janet Jackson, five songs from Dream Street, all six singles from Control, the seven top five hit singles from Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814, the seven releases from janet., the two songs from Design of a Decade 1986/1996, the six singles from The Velvet Rope, all three singles from the albums All for You and Damita Jo, singles from both the 20 Y.O. and Discipline albums, and collaborations with Herb Alpert and Lisa Keith, Michael Jackson, Luther Vandross, Busta Rhymes, and Beenie Man. A The Essential: Janet Jackson - The Video Compilation featuring all the videos of the songs included on the album will be released to coincide with Jackson's new studio album under Sony BMG.

Disc 1: 1982-1987
"Young Love"
"Come Give Your Love to Me"
"Say You Do"
"Love and My Best Friend"
"Don't Mess Up This Good Thing"
"Don't Stand Another Chance"
"Fast Girls"
"Two to the Power of Love" (with Cliff Richard)
"Dream Street"
"What Have You Done for Me Lately"
"Nasty"
"When I Think of You"
"Control"
"Let's Wait Awhile"
"Diamonds" (with Herb Alpert & Lisa Keith)
"The Pleasure Principle"
"Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)"

Disc 2: 1989-1996
"Miss You Much"
"Rhythm Nation"
"Escapade"
"Alright"
"Come Back to Me"
"Black Cat"
"Love Will Never Do (Without You)"
"The Best Things in Life Are Free" (with Luther Vandross)
"That's the Way Love Goes"
"If"
"Again"
"Because of Love"
"Any Time, Any Place"
"You Want This"
"Whoops Now"
"Scream" (Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson)
"Runaway"
"Twenty Foreplay"
Disc 3: 1997-2008
"Got 'til It's Gone" (featuring Joni Mitchell and Q-Tip)
"Together Again"
"I Get Lonely"
"Go Deep"
"You"
"Every Time"
"What's It Gonna Be?!" (with Busta Rhymes)
"Doesn't Really Matter"
"All for You"
"Someone to Call My Lover"
"Son of a Gun" (featuring Missy Elliott and Carly Simon)
"Feel It Boy" (with Beenie Man)
"Just a Little While"
"I Want You"
"All Nite (Don't Stop)"
"Call on Me" (with Nelly)
"So Excited" (featuring Khia)
"Feedback"
"Rock with U"

AHAHAHAHA IM AM SO HAPPY AND HOPE THAT THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!!!
JANET ND SONY BMG WOWOW
THANK THE LORD
AND THE SOUCRE IS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Essential_Janet_Jackson

I hope this is true too because I can't find actual document of it yet. :lol:

But this could very well be true. Only reason why I'm skeptical is because it's Wikipedia. :)

I don't believe it, not to mention this isn't her THIRD GH, but it would be her second one

AND that looks EXACTLY like the fantasy tracklisting I came up with last month

I don't believe it, not to mention this isn't her THIRD GH, but it would be her second one

AND that looks EXACTLY like the fantasy tracklisting I came up with last month

Right! :lol: Besides they don't even do this. :lol: Janet's labels are not connected to Sony BMG. :lol:

Janet Xone said it was a fake

Janet's A&M catalog (Janet Jackson, Dream Street, Control, and Rhythm Nation) is owned by Universal Music Group's Interscope/Geffen/A&M division

Her Virgin catalog (janet., The Velvet Rope, All For You, Damita Jo, and 20. Y.O) is owned by EMI and the Capitol Music Group

and Discipline is under Island Def Jam

unless Janet were to own the master recordings of all her albums or if Virgin or A&M were to license the songs to the project, I don't see that happening, especially since Sony has NO connection with Janet's catalogs

i see what every one is saying !!!!!!!!!!!
i hope this is truE.....IM NOT SAYING ITS REAL OR FAKE hopefully real!!!!!!!!!!

Janet Xone said it was a fake

Janet's A&M catalog (Janet Jackson, Dream Street, Control, and Rhythm Nation) is owned by Universal Music Group's Interscope/Geffen/A&M division

Her Virgin catalog (janet., The Velvet Rope, All For You, Damita Jo, and 20. Y.O) is owned by EMI and the Capitol Music Group

and Discipline is under Island Def Jam

unless Janet were to own the master recordings of all her albums or if Virgin or A&M were to license the songs to the project, I don't see that happening, especially since Sony has NO connection with Janet's catalogs

She does. JDJ publishes them and she keeps them in her vault. Probably somewhere in that bank she owns.

This is FAKE ;)

sonic01lm4.png

And it's sooo easy to be identified as such as there are so many inconsistencies (just compare the number of tracks that are said to appear from every album with the tracklist :lol: ). Plus there's no SonyBMG anymore - BMG has left the music industry field and Sony's music division is named "Sony Music".

Sony Music would NEVER release a compilation by an artist that is not under their contract. :lol:

this year or next year janet will release an complation album its pass time due.......she only have one ..... and that wasnt really all her hits ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its time for her to do a 4 disc complation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im only hoping the best for my idol!!!!!!!!!!!!
god bless janet

i see what every one is saying !!!!!!!!!!!
i hope this is truE.....IM NOT SAYING ITS REAL OR FAKE hopefully real!!!!!!!!!!
Janet Xone said it was fake. I think they contacted Janet's people

Not only that, I don't think Janet would include songs from the first 2 albums, she kinda dismisses them

Oh that looks great, thank you for posting=) I hope it's true, I would miss a few from Rhythm Nation though.

I would mostly look forward to the DVD, that sounds amazing! I have both Design of a decade and the from Janet to Damita Jo ones, but there were some missing along the way and the later ones. Looking forward to this. Lv x

Oh that looks great, thank you for posting=) I hope it's true, I would miss a few from Rhythm Nation though.

I would mostly look forward to the DVD, that sounds amazing! I have both Design of a decade and the from Janet to Damita Jo ones, but there were some missing along the way and the later ones. Looking forward to this. Lv x

you are so welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back