Keeping you informed on TII, from the INSIDE

DarkPhoenixWing

Proud Member
Hey folks. I work in the Odoen cinema in Preston, UK, and I just thought I'd start this thread with info on the marketing, release date, etc from our Cinema, which will potentially be the same in other Odeons.

Its a great place to see the build up for TII aswell. We now have the trailer in 3 screens (Cloudy with Meatballs and Fame), aswell as 2 posters for it in the Cinema, and a huge, triangular cardboard stand in the box office area (which is BRILLIANT...I WILL be stealing it :clapping: )

Also when TII is released on the 28th November (since midnight last night, around 400 tickets have already been sold, and we're a small cinema) there is talk of merchandise deals for the guests. Basically, there will be deals on T-shirts which is certain, and maybe some kind of packages you can get aswell (though this is unconfirmed). Also the local radio stations will be down for the opening showing (at 9am) and we will be running ocmpetitions for the people in the que. This kind of thing has never happened before, its already HUGE!

Also, I have been placed in charge of marketing (because they all know how passionate I am about Michael :)) si I'm in chage of making the opening night a success. There is likely to be dancers (including myself) performing, the This Is It album being sold over the food counter, and Michaels music being blasted through the cinema. I genuinly cant wait :)

Anyway, hope you read my mini-essay :smilerolleyes:. I'll keep you all posted about TII from someone who works in a cinema, haha, and if anyone lives near to Preston, I suggest you come down :cheeky:

Peace

SOUNDS good :) I wish the same would happen at our cinema. But they guy I bought tickets from didn't even know ANYTHING about the movie... :/

Oh wow, that sounds really cool! Thankyou for sharing this, I hope they make a big deal out of it at all cinemas!

Thanks for the information!

I have got tickets booked for the Odeon in Guildford, so I hope they are planning to do something similar.

Are the promotion plans in Preston from head office, or was it the choice of the local manager?
I wanna hear some MJ when I get to the cinema! I want to see some MJ posters. I wanna take part in an MJ competition. Sounds great.

Hey folks. I work in the Odoen cinema in Preston, UK, and I just thought I'd start this thread with info on the marketing, release date, etc from our Cinema, which will potentially be the same in other Odeons.

Its a great place to see the build up for TII aswell. We now have the trailer in 3 screens (Cloudy with Meatballs and Fame), aswell as 2 posters for it in the Cinema, and a huge, triangular cardboard stand in the box office area (which is BRILLIANT...I WILL be stealing it :clapping: )

Also when TII is released on the 28th November (since midnight last night, around 400 tickets have already been sold, and we're a small cinema) there is talk of merchandise deals for the guests. Basically, there will be deals on T-shirts which is certain, and maybe some kind of packages you can get aswell (though this is unconfirmed). Also the local radio stations will be down for the opening showing (at 9am) and we will be running ocmpetitions for the people in the que. This kind of thing has never happened before, its already HUGE!

Also, I have been placed in charge of marketing (because they all know how passionate I am about Michael :)) si I'm in chage of making the opening night a success. There is likely to be dancers (including myself) performing, the This Is It album being sold over the food counter, and Michaels music being blasted through the cinema. I genuinly cant wait :)

Anyway, hope you read my mini-essay :smilerolleyes:. I'll keep you all posted about TII from someone who works in a cinema, haha, and if anyone lives near to Preston, I suggest you come down :cheeky:

Peace

wow i was gonna pick odeon cause not far. but opted for vue london road will the vue do this as well merchandise.if not will you be able to grab some stuff

wow i was gonna pick odeon cause not far. but opted for vue london road will the vue do this as well merchandise.if not will you be able to grab some stuff
so is this all happening 28th 9am wonder if i get a ticket for 9am. and go to the other cinema later on nighttime

I like the part where you will steal the poster. lol! I wanted to steal the one at the Nokia Theatre, but there were so many AEG people, security and police I just could not do it..Everyone wanted to ateal them..I hope I can get T-Shirts and poster at the cinema.

Great stuff! I hope all cinemas do this :)
I took my two boys shopping yesterday as they wanted something special to wear for MJ.
They both got suits and a fedora and glove each and will be wearing these.My youngest fell in love with these shoes that are just like Michaels so of course he begged me for them and I gave in :rolleyes:
I got a beautiful sequined jacket to wear,very Billie Jean :yes:
I hope other fans will dress up and celebrate Michael and show everyone exactly what he means to us.
I know the film is going to be heartbreaking but I really need to see it.

Hmmmm just thought, any news on the tour books yet? These would of been printed are these going to be sold at the cinema I wonder??

That's amazing, I would love to show up just to see that whole spectacle. I doubt my local theaters will do anything close to that.

I did a little research today tried to see how TII was doing in my former state of NJ cause i will, might be there at time of release of the movie. When I checked on 9/27 they did not know if was gonna be shown then, but when i called today the guy who answered the phone said that it would be showing. So i ask how was it doing well with the sales, he said it was doing great with the sales. i Was so glad to hear that.

Peace

hi any update yet

Back