UK Warning: Check Your Pre-Booked Odeon This Is It Tickets

mfcx42

Proud Member
Thought I'd post a warning for people who have booked their This Is It tickets online with Odeon. I booked my tickets on Sunday online for the 28th October at 7pm in Manchester, and secured seats...or so I thought. However, I went to pick them up today and the ticket machine printed out a different date, different time but the same seat numbers! I was able to check my confirmation email on my phone while still at Odeon and made sure that I wasn't mad - I had DEFINITELY booked in for the 28th at 7pm.

I questioned it at the desk, showing them my confirmation email and my booking number, and after going through a few members of staff we came to the conclusion that the seats had been double booked. The new date (30th, 2pm) was absolutely of no use to me whatsoever, but eventually I was able to get the money refunded and, thankfully, there were still three seats left together in the 28th's 9.30pm showing, so I managed to get transferred to that showing and got physical tickets printed that confirms my seats.

I'm posting this, then, to say: if you pre-ordered your tickets online and haven't collected them yet, do it as soon as possible! I think it's something to do with the Odeon's website crashing at the midnight 'launch' - my friend was reporting the 28th's 7pm showing sold out at the midnight, and yet the next day it was saying that only about 15 seats were taken up - this was clearly not the case, in light of this. It seems that the crash may have corrupted part of the system so it's allowed people to make bookings despite others already having the seats.

If I hadn't gone to collect them today I wouldn't have been able to rearrange for the same day, and it's going to be terrible if loads of people turn up a few hours beforehand only to find their tickets are double booked for the day/performance that they expect. So get collecting and checking if you pre-booked on Odeon's website for This Is It showings at Odeon cinemas in the UK!

Last edited:
I booked online on the ODeon site and haven't collected my tickets because I was going to do it on the night I see the film.
Do I just need to go to the cinema and put my card into the machine on the wall to get the tickets? OR do I need to go to the desk?

Thanks

I just put my card in the machine, but then I had to sort it out at the desk in the end anyway!

Thanks for the advance warning. I didnt purchase tickets until Sunday about 10am, and only thought I'd have to pick them up on the day but will get the tix in advance now.

wow this sounds like it could turn out to be a nightmare for those of you who booked this way...But seriously...if you really stop and think about it...does it really surprise you??...This just seems to be the way things have been handled as far as this whole thing goes...first problems with concert tickets..now....problems trying to get the movie tickets sorted....I am sorry you all are having this problem....I went straight to my theater on the 27th got my tickets and left..because ....online was just too busy...it was wait wait wait...so I go tired of waiting and just went.

EDIT....welcome to the forum.....:)

I managed to get mine at about 1 in the morning after the site stopped playing silly buggers :p hope mine are okay *fingers crossed* .. will try collect them at the weekend!

Thanks for letting us know!! :)

Odeon are so annoying with the fact you can't reserve seats. I then chose Empire to see the film as you can actually choose what seats your sitting in. I don't want to be sat at the front straining my neck!

Odeon are so annoying with the fact you can't reserve seats. I then chose Empire to see the film as you can actually choose what seats your sitting in. I don't want to be sat at the front straining my neck!

Huh?
You couldn;t reserve your seats? I managed to reserve mine at Odeon Guildford online, so I guess maybe it's your local Odeon that doesn't allow seats to be reserved but some obviously do.

God, we got the 28th the next day as well, thougth it was weird some were left ! Ive got tickets for another day to, so were going to get down there as soon as possible and pick them up, thanks for the warning! Rrrr i better still be going on the 28th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh?
You couldn;t reserve your seats? I managed to reserve mine at Odeon Guildford online, so I guess maybe it's your local Odeon that doesn't allow seats to be reserved but some obviously do.

I could only reserve Premiere seats, not normal seats, so I had to pay a bit extra. Not that I care, I want the best seats to see this film anyway lol

I'm nervous now though, I booked online with Odeon to see TII on the 31st, it's the only day I can make it so I really hope they haven't messed up my ticket. I haven't collected it yet.

Back