Why does it seem as if none of the performances are from one take?

MattyJam

Guests
It doesn't bother me but I find it very strange.

The Human Nature clips for example are all pulled from three or four different rehearsal sessions... are they all going to be like this? Do they not have footage of MJ rehearsing complete performances in their entirety??

It does seem strange that they have over 100hours of footage but not a full 4 min performance!! Of course this could just be done to show the progression of the rehearsals over the 3month period.

Having said that, the audio is very well mixed together (what we've seen of Human Nature is, at least) so were you listening to this on CD it would sound like a full performance.

I hope at least one or two of the performances are just from one take... otherwise it feels like you're watching a music video as opposed to a live performance.

... Or the Bucharest Dangerous concert :p lol. Although I suppose it is much more noticeable when MJ is not in stage outfits and just wearing random clothes which change from rehearsal to rehearsal.

Yeah, I thought that. It'll probably just be a 40:60 Kenny/MJ ratio instead...

Its just the best parts of all the performances, They wont show a clip of MJ messing up.

Yeah but cuts can be good sometime, it keeps the camera on the best angle of Michael! I'm sure there were lots of rehearsals where Michael didn't give 100% in certain bits so they had to interchange to get a full one, and I think it will be more continuous than the trailers portray...

We will only ever get to see the best bits, the strongest performances. If Michael wasnt on form, and its known that on some days he wasnt, then we wont see that.

AEG want us to see that Michael was absolutely fine.

The Human Nature clips for example are all pulled from three or four different rehearsal sessions... are they all going to be like this? Do they not have footage of MJ rehearsing complete performances in their entirety??
because that's how trailers usually are. snippets. they have hours of of rehearsls over months, i like what they did

I'm wondering if it had something to do with his lung condition. Michael can sing better than anybody else alive or dead, but he probably couldn't sing full force for very long without having to catch his breathe for a few seconds, so they might have picked clips from multiple performances to show all his amazing vocal moments that he had at different times. That way we get to see all those moments over the course of a fem minutes instead of having to watch take after take after take after take to see each of those awesome moments.

Plus we all know MJ didn't dance full force the entire time for every take either. He didn't in the dangerous tours. A six hour rehearsal requires a lot more pacing yourself than a two hour concert. The footage could be a lot more exciting if they include as many moments where he dances harder in a song as possible.

I hope that the performances in the movie will be from one take or if they won't, that MJ's clothes won't change every 15 seconds... :)
That would really destroy the movie.

...probably because there's a lot of stuff they DON'T want you to see. They picked the footage they think makes Michael look good and healthy and cut the parts the audience might not be too sure about.

Just my opinion, of course.

The reason the performances are mixed is so it can show you him performing the song from accross the time frame of the rehearsals...taking you on a journey of the songs performance construction.

I think it's because MJ didn't have the energy to complete the performance. As you all know, he's not well. Or that some parts of the performance are just so bad that they have to do that to show that MJ's in shape and he's 'fine', 'great' and 'under control'

I wonder what will happen with the footage that is left out. Uncut and raw, so that we could really tell how MJ was doing. The movie, for me, will not represent the truth since they edited the footage...

I hope that that footage will become public also...

Last edited:
...probably because there's a lot of stuff they DON'T want you to see. They picked the footage they think makes Michael look good and healthy and cut the parts the audience might not be too sure about.

Just my opinion, of course.
just noticed this post.
ditto!

Back