2 new books about Michael

All sorts of thing:
The concept of the movie (she quotes the whole intro from the script where Peter comes to town, and just envisioning Michael in those beutiful scenes made me catch my breath)
How Michael envisioned Peter Pan, what he considered important/unimportant, what was the essence of the character to him.
Michael's style of work with a collaborator, areas where he was able to open up to her, and areas where he wasn't, what made him shut down.
Glimpses into Michael's overall life in that period - based on how much time he could devote to the project, how much he had going on, people he brought to the meetings, etc.
How people perceived Michael, how this screenwriter had a difficulty treating him as a creative partner, but rather wanted to please the star.
Michael's attitude to Steven, what he expected from him.

I smiled at a part where Michael just appears at the Doctor's door one morning unannounced. The Dr. opens the door to go to work and there he is standing there. He claims he wasn't there long but when the doc later asked MJ's driver he said it was about half an hour. So anyway, the Dr. goes to work because he has patients but tells his wife that Michael is there. Michael spends the entire day at the house playing with the doctor's kids, watching cartoons, etc and is still there when the Dr. comes home.

The doctor also said that Michael's normal answer when asked why he would visit their little house and abandon his own ranch was that he has company and he's not really up to spending time with them...he just likes spending time there. Made me smile.

That's such a nice story - was smiling at mj standing around for 1/2 hour, he never seemed to like putting people out. Wonder who the company was mj was trying to escape from - perhaps klien and his 'bear' club!

The doctor's book seemed to be true and I enjoyed reading it. It was a relief from all the other books that include salacious meanderings. This book I smiled throughout.

In the doctor's book there's a story about Danny Bonaduce that I don't think I've heard before. I knew they went to school together but I didn't know this specific detail about them. The doctor says Michael told him in high school there was a group of "tough guys" that he was always afraid of. He was always afraid to walk by them if they were hanging around. Except when their unofficial leader Danny Bonaduce (who was in the TV show The Partridge Family) was with them. Michael always felt relieved when he'd pass by them and Danny would say, "Hey Michael." He said that it made him happy when Danny was there because he felt like "No one would dare mess with me because they'd have to answer to him. I'm thankful to him to this day for looking out for me, even though he may not have realized he was doing so."

ivy;3560793 said:
From the first book

It's Halloween and Michael brings his limo. Dr. Valin says he would be recognized by it.

He said, “I have a plan.” He then opened the doors of the limo and let in any kids who wanted come inside. He wore a black blazer with a gold crest on the pocket over his Spiderman shirt. Several of the kids asked him if he was Michael Jackson, to which he replied, “No, I just dressed up like him for Halloween.” The kids seemed satisfied with that answer and one said, “Wow! That’s a great disguise!”

Then they go trick and treating

Love it!

I don't recommend the Peter Pan book at all, and wish the fans here had commented about it before.

She writes a scene where there's a guy called Buddy (music producer?) and a kid called Andrew from New Zealand who are in a meeting with her and Mike at the Hideout one time. The kid falls asleep while she's reading from the script, and falls asleep on Mike's shoulder and so Mike picks him up and puts him to bed in another room, in a way she makes sound really sinister and perverse. She says that moment it made her feel really suspect of Michael and she felt the whole thing was wrong and from then on she goes on and on about Michael and kids and how she hopes he stayed away from her own and any others. It doesn't seem to occur to her that if Mike wanted to be creepy he wouldn't bring two people around to watch it.

But the whole thing really annoyed and upset me, especially because I'd only seen a few positive reviews for the book.

Last edited:
I don't recommend the Peter Pan book at all, and wish the fans here had commented about it before.

She writes a scene where there's a guy called Buddy (music producer?) and a kid called Andrew from New Zealand who are in a meeting with her and Mike at the Hideout one time. The kid falls asleep while she's reading from the script, and falls asleep on Mike's shoulder and so Mike picks him up and puts him to bed in another room, in a way she makes sound really sinister and perverse. She says she'd heard innuendo about Michael prior to this and so that moment made her feel really suspect of Michael and she felt the whole thing was wrong and from then on she goes on and on about Michael and kids and how she hopes he stayed away from her own and any others. It doesn't seem to occur to her that if Mike wanted to be creepy he wouldn't bring two people around to watch it.

But the whole thing really annoyed and upset me, especially because I'd only seen a few positive reviews for the book.

I intend to purchase this book, but your comment made change my mind. Thanks :blush:

^ Don't buy it, definitely do not recommend it. It really upset me to read it because I hadn't expected it, she's tried to market it towards MJ fans and so have her friends who reviewed it, but it's definitely not a book for us, I don't want other fans to make the same mistake.

She writes a scene where there's a guy called Buddy (music producer?) and a kid called Andrew from New Zealand who are in a meeting with her and Mike at the Hideout one time. The kid falls asleep while she's reading from the script, and falls asleep on Mike's shoulder and so Mike picks him up and puts him to bed in another room, in a way she makes sound really sinister and perverse. She says she'd heard innuendo about Michael prior to this and so that moment made her feel really suspect of Michael and she felt the whole thing was wrong and from then on she goes on and on about Michael and kids and how she hopes he stayed away from her own and any others. It doesn't seem to occur to her that if Mike wanted to be creepy he wouldn't bring two people around to watch it.

But she doesn't say anywhere that Michael was guilty or anything like that, she only says it looked strange. And knowing Michael as little as she did, I understand why it looked strange to her. If I were in her shoes at that time, I'd probably think that too and say that he shouldn't behave like that for his own sake. I don't see a point in ignoring every book where the author's not worshiping Michael. On the contrary, I'm interested in people's views on him: what they liked and what turned them away, what fascinated them about him and what looked strange to them, what they could and couldn't "get" about him. In other words, what he showed to those around him, and what reactions it caused in people. It wasn't the best part of the book, I agree, but I found a lot of interesting things there besides this.

BTW, I think Buddy is Buz Kohan.

I'm fine with people not worshiping Michael, but suggesting very strongly that he's a pedophile is where I easily draw a line.

I'm totally with lacienega. I'm obv at a disadvantage as i've not read the book, just the posts on here and i've just been reading all the reviews on amazon. It's a clear warning sign when there are clearly haters on there who positively delight in obsessing about mj's 'wierdness' and who apparently love this book.

The trying to equate an author not diefying mj with an author implying mj was a pedo is just nonsense. He shouldn't behave like what?, put a child to bed while there are adults around? - and this was before any allegations, so what care should he have taken that it not be misconstrued. It's all very safe and positive in here in the little bubble of a fan community, but outside it's not.

Last edited:
If there is one thing I do not compromize about Michael, it's the allegations. The allegations are which made his life a Hell on Earth, so I am not willing to give a pass on such innuendo to anyone!

I managed to read the part La Cienega mentioned and it's very disgusting innuendo, indeed. The author does not say he was guilty, but saying he was guilty is not the only way to suggest things.

I'm surprised fans gave this book 5 stars on Amazon. To me anything that makes such an innuendo cannot get more than one star, no matter how good the rest of the book is. Sounds harsh? Maybe. But this is a thing I do not compromize about! No support for this book from me. La Cienega, thanks for the warning!

Last edited:
Back