2016 Vinyl Reissues of OTW, Thriller and Bad

Re: 2016 Vinyl reissues of OTW, Thriller and Bad

Will check for you this evening Chris, I got my replacement OTW yesterday from Amazon.

After a quick skip to Rock With You, the distorted noise on the right channel (while not as bad as the first copy I got) is still there. I tried this on my friends TT also and you can hear the noise. It was quite cheap so I'm not that annoyed, especially since I have the original, but seems a bit shoddy.

was it scratched? otherwise, why should it sound worser?

i have the EU versions. but cant find any source that sells a US version.

was it scratched? otherwise, why should it sound worser?

i have the EU versions. but cant find any source that sells a US version.

I orginally thought my replacement had the same noise issue, but it didnt. it actually sounds very very good.

And yes, i can only see EU pressings too.

No comments I see on the page. Do you know if the 16 versions of Thriller and Bad contain the first versions of the tracks?

how does Thriller's 2016 reissue sounds? does anybody have it?

No comments I see on the page. Do you know if the 16 versions of Thriller and Bad contain the first versions of the tracks?

i cant say, cause i keep them sealed.

where did you bought them?

Barnes and Noble. Off The Wall they carry in their physical stores. Thriller and Bad you have to order from them. My guess is they did it that way because they still have Thriller 25 and Bad 25 copies in their stores.

Haven't seen them here except Dangerous and it was like $58.95! Thank God I have a vinyl copy of Thriller, NZ pressing and I suspect original from 1982, even has a $7.95 price sticker on it!

Nearly passed up buying a 2nd hand copy of Dangerous on vinyl which had the whole pop up cardboard set. It was $89.95!

I'm listening to my original pressing of Off The Wall for the first time in years and years. My gawd, this is surely the greatest album on vinyl of all time? It sounds so incredible. It's funny but Off The Wall isn't always my choice as my favourite MJ album but then when I hear it on vinyl it's like damn! This thing is on another level entirely! The funk, the brass, the disco. It's perfection and I can understand why it always comes in at number one on MJ's best album lists.

I really need to get that pressing of Invincible. I want to hear that album for the first time as apposed to the noisy clunky CD. I really hope at some point they remaster that CD, like actually remaster it and not throw out another reissue and call it a remaster, an actual remaster like anyother artist gets.

I'm listening to my original pressing of Off The Wall for the first time in years and years. My gawd, this is surely the greatest album on vinyl of all time? It sounds so incredible. It's funny but Off The Wall isn't always my choice as my favourite MJ album but then when I hear it on vinyl it's like damn! This thing is on another level entirely! The funk, the brass, the disco. It's perfection and I can understand why it always comes in at number one on MJ's best album lists.

I really need to get that pressing of Invincible. I want to hear that album for the first time as apposed to the noisy clunky CD. I really hope at some point they remaster that CD, like actually remaster it and not throw out another reissue and call it a remaster, an actual remaster like anyother artist gets.

Apparently the 2009/2010 Japanese mini LP is mastered way better Aa... from what I've read anyway, but it's a bit too expens8ve to buy without being sure! I'm very happy with the Invincible LP though

Apparently the 2009/2010 Japanese mini LP is mastered way better Aa... from what I've read anyway, but it's a bit too expens8ve to buy without being sure! I'm very happy with the Invincible LP though
Japanese mini LP? Bloody hell that sounds good, I can imagine the price. I think the way to go is with the pressing you have. From what you say it sounds top notch compared to the CD. Your word is good enough for me, I'm no expert but most of what I listen to on vinyl sounds far superior to CD's.

aazzaabb;4176044 said:
Japanese mini LP? Bloody hell that sounds good, I can imagine the price. I think the way to go is with the pressing you have. From what you say it sounds top notch compared to the CD. Your word is good enough for me, I'm no expert but most of what I listen to on vinyl sounds far superior to CD's.

Try Dodax. That site has free shipping, even to here. I get all my vinyl there now. Got the 3 disc Lazarus LP for only €21 euro the other week.

Yeah the mini LP's were released around the time he died, and I've read some conflicting things. All I know is the vinyl is great by MOV.

I listened to the 91 pressing of Dangerous on Saturday, and it was absolutely gorgeous

innuendo141;4176480 said:
Try Dodax. That site has free shipping, even to here. I get all my vinyl there now. Got the 3 disc Lazarus LP for only €21 euro the other week.

Yeah the mini LP's were released around the time he died, and I've read some conflicting things. All I know is the vinyl is great by MOV.

I listened to the 91 pressing of Dangerous on Saturday, and it was absolutely gorgeous
After I asked you on a completey unrelated thread, I just see you answered me here lol. Thanks man. The Lazarus set for 21 euros? That's some deal! I love the album sleeve for Lazarus. I got Kate Bush's Before The Dawn 4 disc vinyl set in my mates shop for 65 quid and that was with a discount! An awful lot of money but it's a beautiful set and I like to support him whenever I can to help keep his shop going.

I just dug out my 91 pressing of Dangerous. For me, it's the only way to get the true Dangerous experience. It works so well as a 2 disc set, love the way the tracks go so well together on all four sides.

My girlfriend ordered the MOV Invincible for me so I've got to wait until Christmas to listen to it, but really looking forward to it! Thanks for the help Innuendo. :cool:
I picked up Bad25 a few weeks ago and listening to it now. It sounds magic, the bonus tracks sound amazing. Listening to Just Good Friends now and it sounds so good. Again, I don't get the dislike for it but to each their own.

My girlfriend ordered the MOV Invincible for me so I've got to wait until Christmas to listen to it, but really looking forward to it! Thanks for the help Innuendo. :cool:
I picked up Bad25 a few weeks ago and listening to it now. It sounds magic, the bonus tracks sound amazing. Listening to Just Good Friends now and it sounds so good. Again, I don't get the dislike for it but to each their own.

funny, I've listened to Bad on Bad 25 and I just preferred the original vinyl so much more. I thought everything sounded louder, but I must give it another go!

BTW just double checked, my MOV is a 2009 pressing, I'd imagine it's the same as the 2010 ones.

Any MOV I've gotten so far are really good, namely Invincible and Heathen & Reality by David Bowie. All sound gorge. If only they'd re-release HIStory and BOTDF

funny, I've listened to Bad on Bad 25 and I just preferred the original vinyl so much more. I thought everything sounded louder, but I must give it another go!
You're probably right. I've only gotten a record player again recently and haven't gotten around to listening to everything I have so I'll give my original Bad a spin in the coming days. I think right now ANYTHING I play on vinyl sounds better. :lol:

Yeah, 2009 or 2010 anything on MOV should be great. I got Dylan's Side Tracks collection last week on MOV and I'm even loving songs I would skip on CD. The MOV sound is incredible. Can't wait to hear Invincible. :cool:

You're probably right. I've only gotten a record player again recently and haven't gotten around to listening to everything I have so I'll give my original Bad a spin in the coming days. I think right now ANYTHING I play on vinyl sounds better. :lol:

Yeah, 2009 or 2010 anything on MOV should be great. I got Dylan's Side Tracks collection last week on MOV and I'm even loving songs I would skip on CD. The MOV sound is incredible. Can't wait to hear Invincible. :cool:

Oooh interesting, I havejnt any Dylan yet, I'm mad to get Planet Waves. Record fair in Limerick on Sunday so I'm gonna pop in and see if there's anything.

I'm very interested to hear what the new Prince releases sound like. I have the original Sign, Purple and Batman and all sound fab but if the new ones are 180 gram I'd be tempted... Might just get Controversy. Desperately seeking Iggy Pop's Idiot too cheapish.

Victory is actually gorgeous sounding LP, much more enjoyable on vinyl, the sounds are quite lovely.

Just bumping this to show off that I got original, great condition copies of Thriller (plus Stevies's Songs In The Key of Life, and Madonna's Like A Virgin today for only five pounds for all three.

The inner sleeve of Thriller is great, with the lyrics and sketches.

Just bumping this to show off that I got original, great condition copies of Thriller (plus Stevies's Songs In The Key of Life, and Madonna's Like A Virgin today for only five pounds for all three.

The inner sleeve of Thriller is great, with the lyrics and sketches.
Isnt Key of Life like hearing for the first time. Ever. 7 inch included?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Isnt Key of Life like hearing for the first time. Ever. 7 inch included?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not, the 28 page booklet is but as ever I'm missing the 7"

How brickwalled is this though? I steer clear of reissues because of it

Looks like the first 2 Jacksons albums on Epic records were reissued at the end of last February in the USA. Weird that I never heard anything about it.

The Jacksons and Goin Places Album Reissued on Vinyl

I just found this out today. Seems that the Jacksons album and the Goin Places album were reissued on vinyl this past February in the USA. I'm surprised this wan't advertised anywhere.

Looks like the first 2 Jacksons albums on Epic records were reissued at the end of last February in the USA. Weird that I never heard anything about it.

yep! Saw them in my local store recently.

Back