30th Anniversary concert pictures

moodyblue97;3485009 said:
^^ That is correct, he had flareups from the lupus. I explained this in another thread I think. He didn´t do anything to his lip, when he was on prednisone his face would be swollen, and also his hands.

But why Michael couldn't smile the same like before? (I mean the upper lip)

51984347_full.jpg

Gosh, I love her legs!! :naughty:

But why Michael couldn't smile the same like before? (I mean the upper lip)

thats what i was wandering.. if you look back at pics it seems he had something done around 1999. In the interview he did with MTV in the late 90's his smile was different. But in the interview he did with Babara Walters in like 97 (i believe after prince was born) he smile was the same. It could have been the result of a rhinoplasty gone wrong... but idk

I have a huge problem with these 2 concerts. When he arrived with Liz Taylor for the first one , the 7 September , he was really not in " good health ". Not a secret.

He was good on stage, but really, he took too much drugs, it was painful to watch him .

I have a huge problem with these 2 concerts. When he arrived with Liz Taylor for the first one , the 7 September , he was really not in " good health ". Not a secret.

He was good on stage, but really, he took too much drugs, it was painful to watch him .

I dont know if youve been in the news and happening forum but........ One of MJ former friend/associate Franck Cascio said that he was late and when he went to go get MJ, MJ was in bed sleep. He had received Demerol. Another one of MJs associates/friend David Guest(who produced the show) said the same thing but it wasnt hard too see though. Poor thing could barley open his eyes or form a complete sentence.

Also from my understanding, most of the footage shown is from the show on the 10th. I never knew what Whitney was referring to in her interview w/Diane Sawyer when she said that she wasnt the only one helped by editing.

I dont know if youve been in the news and happening forum but........ One of MJ former friend/associate Franck Cascio said that he was late and when he went to go get MJ, MJ was in bed sleep. He had received Demerol. Another one of MJs associates/friend David Guest(who produced the show) said the same thing but it wasnt hard too see though. Poor thing could barley open his eyes or form a complete sentence.

Also from my understanding, most of the footage shown is from the show on the 10th. I never knew what Whitney was referring to in her interview w/Diane Sawyer when she said that she wasnt the only one helped by editing.

There is amateur recorded videos available from the first show on Youtube. You Rock My World performance wasn't very good on that night. 2nd concert was a lot better.

here is a link to some unaired footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSs1EXMlAs

There is amateur recorded videos available from the first show on Youtube. You Rock My World performance wasn't very good on that night. 2nd concert was a lot better.

can you pm me a link of the footage if possible. Im glad he got it together the last night though.
___________________________________________________________________________________

My favorite part of the show is the jacksons performance. they were getting down for some 40+ yr olds lol. I also like the costumes they wore for their entrance.

thats what i was wandering.. if you look back at pics it seems he had something done around 1999. In the interview he did with MTV in the late 90's his smile was different. But in the interview he did with Babara Walters in like 97 (i believe after prince was born) he smile was the same. It could have been the result of a rhinoplasty gone wrong... but idk

Yeah me too... can someone explain what happened to his upper lip?

Thanks for all these pictures, i have a question about these two posted by MJHDvideos and Galactus123, what is the name of this dance move ? I love it when he does that, what dance is it from ?

012.jpg

30th-Anniversary-michael-jackson-7936756-800-1163.jpg

^ hmm, I have no idea actually. I don't think it has a name. Probably just Michael's improvisation :)

^ hmm, I have no idea actually. I don't think it has a name. Probably just Michael's improvisation :)

Hey kid, how are you ? :)

You know, he reminded me of this dance move when he said "running hands" or something like that in the Oprah interview. He was talking about the dance moves invented by the kids on the street when he said that while moving his hands to kind of show what the move looked like.

:clap: great thread...thank you guys for those photos..he is so beautiful

Hey kid, how are you ? :)

You know, he reminded me of this dance move when he said "running hands" or something like that in the Oprah interview. He was talking about the dance moves invented by the kids on the street when he said that while moving his hands to kind of show what the move looked like.

The "Running Man":

12810113.gif

Thanks for all these pictures, i have a question about these two posted by MJHDvideos and Galactus123, what is the name of this dance move ? I love it when he does that, what dance is it from ?

012.jpg

30th-Anniversary-michael-jackson-7936756-800-1163.jpg

I think it was improv too....... but my mom swears up and down that it was a dance that was hot in the states at the time.

My favorite set is the Jacksons set (I was very suprised that they did so well for men their ages). MJs set wasnt his best or my favorite of his but I always watch just becase it hard not to lol

Does anyone know who designed the jackets that were worn for the Jacksons set???

I have to say. I am one of the biggest MJ fans ever and I luv him to death. But this concert is un watchable period. MJ hides his mouth constantly and will not look at the camera of the audience at all. I don't care that he mimed the show but he was extremely uncomfortable being there. U had not watch this since it air until now and I still feel the same way about it. Please estate never release this concert it is embarrassing to Michael and his fans. He looked for what ever reason verry odd. His mouth and nose were not right at all. The Invinceable era had great music maybe the unreleased might be his best we will have to wait and see someday. His image on the other hand is cringing to say the least. What the hell was going on then. Someone needed to help him then.

^
I heard he had a major lupus flare around that time, and oral tumors 'cos of it... It would explain why his face might've looked odd; one of the lupus symptoms (or something?) being the "moon face".
I don't have a source, though, so I might be completely wrong :/

Also, wasn't it one of the Cascios or someone who said in their book they had to "wake" Mike up for the concert, and he refused to go?

...and, I think Mike was quite "engaging" with the audience there: (starts after 2:00)

Last edited:
Major flare up of lupus yes. Oral tumors? Never heard of that one though. And the meds he had to take would make him gain weight or "swollen" up. And from what I know he didn´t want to perform. But he did an amazing job even being filled up with meds that first night.

Back