35 years of BAD, what's your fave?

MITM, APOM, Dirty Diana if I have to pick only 3. Though I love all of them except Speed Demon and Just Good Friends that I almost always skip.
Do you want to make this a poll?

I love every single song on the album except JGF. Wish Streetwalker would have made it onto the album instead.

Smooth Criminal but I love every song on the album. Easily my favourite ever album

Only Mike could bring out a new album in 87 so good that it sounds like a greatest hits compilation. The amount of singles reflect that

I'm listening to the original pressing of the CD, I bought a few years back for £3.
Best money I ever spent

I love every single song on the album including Just Good Friends (this is a song I literally never skip 😂). My least favorite is Speed Demon but I absolutely love the video.

Top 3:
The Way You Make Me Feel
Another Part of Me
Man in the Mirror

But even picking a top 3 feels like cheating on every other song!! Ahhh... I can't do this.

PS: So fun to see Michael and all of these random tracks from Bad trending on Twitter all day :)

I never got the hate for "Just Good Friends" tbh, I think it's a great and fun song!

I just discovered an official extended mix of Bad a couple of days ago and holy cow, it's breathtaking... I mean, his vocals are just wow!!

I think it's impossible for me to make a top 3, my favourites on this album are always changing. It was the first record I ever bought (along with the soundtrack of Camp Rock 2 lol) and I easily listened to it way over 100 times.
I think it's one of his weakest albums in terms of being an actual album, but yeah, great songwriting and stellar production all over the place!

I never got the hate for "Just Good Friends" tbh, I think it's a great and fun song!
It’s not one of his best tracks but let’s be honest here, had Michael written it, people would have appreciated it way more than they do.

I agree it’s a fun song! Not every song can be as brilliant as Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal.

It’s not one of his best tracks but let’s be honest here, had Michael written it, people would have appreciated it way more than they do.

I agree it’s a fun song! Not every song can be as brilliant as Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal.
I totally agree! I think it's a really cute and fun song. It always puts me in a happy mood! I love singing and dancing to it and I can't resist it anytime it comes on! Seriously, I never skip it.

I just discovered an official extended mix of Bad a couple of days ago and holy cow, it's breathtaking... I mean, his vocals are just wow!!
I assume it's on YouTube? I didn't know there was an extended version! I'll have to look it up. Thanks for mentioning it!

The main problem of 'Just Good Friends' is that it is simply a fun song which does not fit the heavy and aggressive overall theme of the 'BAD' album.

Even Quincy Jones regretted including 'Just Good Friends' on the 'BAD' album.

The fact also that it was the only song (from the album) which was not released as a single simply shows how weak it was.

It is also odd that two mega stars at that time, who also happened to be both song-writers, they relied on external song-writers in order to write a duet for them.

There is an interesting story about its inclusion on the album.

Michael Jackson is said to have wanted with that song to cement even more his long-time friendship that he had with Stevie Wonder.

So, in order for Michael Jackson to show his gratitude to him, he included this song on such a much anticipated and important album.

I love the entire album, if I chose my top 3 it would be:

1. Smooth Criminal
2. Leave Me Alone
3. The Way You Make Me Fell

Lord it's hard to choose even 3 lol!

I totally agree! I think it's a really cute and fun song. It always puts me in a happy mood! I love singing and dancing to it and I can't resist it anytime it comes on! Seriously, I never skip it.

I assume it's on YouTube? I didn't know there was an extended version! I'll have to look it up. Thanks for mentioning it!
I found it on TIDAL, it seems to be part of 2008s "King of Pop" Album :)

Also, regarding Just Good Friends, besides having a killer Bassline, I think what I like most about it is that it feels more spontaneous and less "calculated" than other tracks on bad. I'd love to hear an extended version of it with Stevie & MJ going crazy on the ad-libs!

Just Good Friends is a disappointing song. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a good or a fun song. It is, but it’s just that people expected better from a MJ and Stevie duet.

I must admit that although I am not the biggest fan of the song, it has a killer bridge. It is one of my favourite bridges in a Michael song.

my favorites are
1 another part of me
2. the way you make me feel
3 smooth criminal
4 dirty diana
5 leave me alone

i love the videos from this era. leave me alone and dirty diana is a really underrated videos. i love when michael is in a big gust of wind going. he just looks powerful and DD just looks amazing. visually all the lights and shadows look incredible. also the graphics on leave me alone have held up really well imo. he always went the extra step to have a good cgi on his videos. even ghosts looks pretty good imo i have seen worse in todays tv/movies (hello marvel)

It was released on the Bad single, pretty much every Bad album single had one of those extended mixes besides Dirty Diana, IJCSLY and Liberian Girl off the top of my head...

My favorite song on here is hands down “another part of me”. This feeling is possibly enhanced by the live performances of the track which show Michael at his very best on stage. I love it when he is alone on stage just going with the motions, being happy. Love the message of the song, it is an anthem!
To think it almost missed out on the tracklist is mindblowing, more so when you consider the track that was supposed to replace it was “streetwalker” which in itself would be my favorite track of the album if APOM had not made it there.

My second (or 3rd) fave track is Dirty Diana, again possibly enhanced by the awesome live shows, nothing is better than Michael performing at a mic stand!

And as my nr 3 I go for Liberian Girl. It is a pretty sexy/sensual song. Wonderful harmonies, it all sounds very intimate, almost like he is whispering in your ear.
Despite being very late in the singles release cycle of the album it managed to hit nr 1 in Ireland, odd but cool right?

I like all the rest as well, especially live.

PS unrelated but I read on wiki that a bad tour show was cancelled in Lyon (france) on June 23 1988. Reasoning: low ticket sales.
Anyone have any info on this, how is this even possible? 🤯

You've been hit by
You've been struck by
A Smooth Criminal 🎶😉

Also my favorite MJ song in general, so that was easy. 😁

I love Dirty Diana too though, it's a pretty close second from the album. My top 3 closes off with the title track, in part because I love the short film. 😍😁 (Same with Smooth Criminal, of course!)

Honorable mention goes to Liberian Girl, it's just beautifully sensual.

My favorite song on here is hands down “another part of me”. This feeling is possibly enhanced by the live performances of the track which show Michael at his very best on stage. I love it when he is alone on stage just going with the motions, being happy. Love the message of the song, it is an anthem!
To think it almost missed out on the tracklist is mindblowing, more so when you consider the track that was supposed to replace it was “streetwalker” which in itself would be my favorite track of the album if APOM had not made it there.

My second (or 3rd) fave track is Dirty Diana, again possibly enhanced by the awesome live shows, nothing is better than Michael performing at a mic stand!

And as my nr 3 I go for Liberian Girl. It is a pretty sexy/sensual song. Wonderful harmonies, it all sounds very intimate, almost like he is whispering in your ear.
Despite being very late in the singles release cycle of the album it managed to hit nr 1 in Ireland, odd but cool right?

PS unrelated but I read on wiki that a bad tour show was cancelled in Lyon (france) on June 23 1988. Reasoning: low ticket sales.
Anyone have any info on this, how is this even possible? 🤯
You like my version?

@wonderouzmj
Yes I do, I saw it before in another thread. This was done at a wedding or something right? I think you are great. A great hommage, great clothes, your spins are better than most other impersonators.
You are a great ambassador for MJ !

@wonderouzmj
Yes I do, I saw it before in another thread. This was done at a wedding or something right? I think you are great. A great hommage, great clothes, your spins are better than most other impersonators.
You are a great ambassador for MJ !
Thank you. You're very kind!

ahhhh I cannot believe I didn't realize you loved Another Part of Me as much as I do!! I am obsessed with that song. It was my first "favorite" MJ song!! (I no longer even attempt to make such claims). The live performance is so incredible. I was just chatting with someone else recently about how I think Michael is at his very best when he's on stage alone, dancing and singing his heart out. I have never seen anyone who can even touch his stage presence. He is so commanding. Also, all of the performances of APOM that I've seen are so joyful, so exciting, and so so sexy. Just perfect. The message of the song is, quite literally, a microcosm of my entire belief system about life and afterlife and the universe, which is why I want to get the lyrics tattooed someday. Can you tell how much I love this song? Is it clear yet?

My God, so much I want to say to this, but I will just leave at at 🥵 🥵 🥵

STOP IT!!! 😛

yessss... Bad tour will always be my #1 for a lot of reasons, but Jesus, the live vocals for the songs from the album itself are just incredible 😍

I'm a huge fan of Speed Demon. That song is perfect in all regards and also super unique, fun and lighthearted. Also, perfect length.

Another Part of Me is also incredible but feels a bit empty on the vocals side. Would benefit from more lyrics or adlibs.

Smooth Criminal and Dirty Diana are of course timeless masterpieces which need no words to describe.

Man in the Mirror is one of my all time favourite Michael songs so I don't know what to say about it that hasn't been said a million times. It's a masterpiece on all fronts and his vocals are angelic.

Liberian Girl never fails to spin my head around and take my far far away. A masterpiece for sure.

Leave me Alone is super fun and unique. A great addition to the album, I'm glad they did it.

The Way You Make me Feel makes me wanna jump and dance ever single time. Such a powerful song, it just blows you away.

Can't Stop Loving You never fails to touch my heart. It's so soothing and divine. Beautiful.

Bad is great but I'm not the biggest fan. Maybe it's too long, I don't know.

Just Good Friends is of course the weakest song on the album but lately I find myself enjoying it much more than I used to. I love playing the game of guessing adlib screams and grunts of both singers and I still can't get it 100%. But yeah, perhaps it would be better if they included any other of unreleased songs that were lying around.

Overall the album is just so powerful and screams youth and creativity. If no songs on Bad make you dance, there must be something wrong with you :D

The only song I dont like is 'Just Good Friends'.....the rest is gold :)

“The Way You Make Me Feel,” overplayed as it may be, is in my top three MJ songs. Purely excellent from top to bottom.

Back