50 dates? no economic sense

Im guessing here, but it would make sense to agree to 10 as a preliminary number to gauge reaction. Then when presale interest went through the roof AEG realised just what they were on to, agreed with Tohme, and theres where Michael becomes trapped. I could imagine Michael agreeing to a few more, certainly enough that would beat Princes residency, but really, 50 is excessive.
user_online.gif

yeah sounds logical. and once its out there theres no way u can pull out as it would be a p.r disaster.but who knows if we will ever know the truth. it kinda seems small fry now with trying to work out what happened with murray

i think Thome didnt bother consulting with MJ

Randy confirmed the 50 with Thome.. not MJ.. we have this on tape

Thome wont even reveal his actual age in interviews.. so i doubt he'll come clean about this...

***massive sigh***

from 10 to 50 is a big jump. It seemed to happen so quick. Didnt go up in stages.

there had been talk they had agreed 30 depending on how the first 10 sold. whether thats true?

they agreed on 31 then it was pushed up to 50. if michael didnt want to do them he didnt have to. hes the artist. hes the one that has to sign and say yes i will do 50 dates.

It is funny and ironic that nobody beleived that MJ was forced or that he didn't agree about 50 shows 2 months ago, but now so many people thinks that... :)

YES! and 50 dates is not unreasonable. many artist do that and much more.

It is funny and ironic that nobody beleived that MJ was forced or that he didn't agree about 50 shows 2 months ago, but no so many people thinks that... :)

Back