'87 vocals vs '88 vocals?

What's the story between the different colour shirts? Black Red Silver? So black shirt was first? (how many shows) and then the Red shirt again how many shows before we saw the silver? Obviously some experimenting going on.

Black shirt Mike looked coolest and more to the theme of the Bad album. Red didn't really do anything and Silver was all round best as you could probably see Mike better as Black would probably camouflage Mike on stage?

Last edited:
Very interesting topic . 87 vocally def better than 88. However for me the She 's Out of My Life performances from 1992 vocally are the best i have ever heard, way better than any of the Bad tour performances.

What's the story between the different colour shirts? Black Red Silver? So black shirt was first? (how many shows) and then the Red shirt again how many shows before we saw the silver? Obviously some experimenting going on.

Black shirt Mike looked coolest and more to the theme of the Bad album. Red didn't really do anything and Silver was all round best as you could probably see Mike better as Black would probably camouflage Mike on stage?

You forgot about the purple shirt too

For the BAD Tour it would have been cool if MJ wore a different coloured shirt every show. But that would have been way too much work for the costume designers

I had tickets to one of the Denver shows in '88, but couldn't go (military obligations) and gave my tickets to my friends. I should get them to post on here on this subject, since I don't know.

DAMN...

For the BAD Tour it would have been cool if MJ wore a different coloured shirt every show. But that would have been way too much work for the costume designers

Hmm, with the amount of Bad shows there were I'm not sure how I'd feel about a mustard coloured shirt

for some reason I am a bigger fan of the outfit of the second leg outfit more.. the buckles around the arms!! even though the first footage I saw from the BAD tour was from 'The Legend Continues' and it shows first leg. (Aside from Moonwalker footage which does not show much outside man in the mirror and a few clippings).. I think the Another Part Of Me video influenced me a lot!!

for some reason I am a bigger fan of the outfit of the second leg outfit more.. the buckles around the arms!! even though the first footage I saw from the BAD tour was from 'The Legend Continues' and it shows first leg. (Aside from Moonwalker footage which does not show much outside man in the mirror and a few clippings).. I think the Another Part Of Me video influenced me a lot!!

It's actually because of The Legend Continues that Heartbreak Hotel was the only performance other than Moonwalkers MITM and Motown 25 that I'd be able to watch for many years. It's the first performance I think of when I think of Michael live. The energy is biblical. It's beyond words.

Back