A & E Working on a Documentary Series About MJ's Trials

Re: A & E are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

Respect77, what happened to this? Have you seen any more news??
I hope it's still goign ahead. It sounds better than the 'culture shock' series A&E have started to promote.

(Fingers crossed this MJ trials series hasn't been hacked up into the one MJ episode of Culture Shock scheduled for 25th June!)

Can anybody contact Raven Woods?

Last edited:

So I think the trail's gone cold on this one. Such as shame, it could have been so good!

I agree.

The original twitlonger by Raven Woods about this, has been deleted now.

BUT......I do have THIS.

A&E and Entertainment Weekly to launch new series that goes inside the biggest moments in pop culture
Ruth Kinane May 22, 2018 at 02:01 PM EDT

Are you ready for a little Cultureshock?

[video=youtube;YZd3VCinSk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZd3VCinSk0[/video]

On Tuesday, A&E networks announced a new limited original documentary series that takes an in-depth look at the untold tales behind huge, watershed moments in pop culture. Produced by Meredith Corporation’s Four M Studios in association with Entertainment Weekly, each of Cultureshock‘s five episodes will examine the most impactful entertainment stories with full participation from the key players in each one.

The series kicks off on Monday, June 25, with “Michael Jackson’s Final Curtain Call” which takes viewers inside the last days of the pop star’s life on the ninth anniversary of his sudden death. According to A&E, the documentary “sheds a light on the immeasurable pressure Jackson was under as he prepared for his final tour” and features interviews with Travis Payne, Kenny Ortega, Harvey Levin, Warren Zanes, and more, as well as audio recordings of Jackson from his last rehearsals.

And things don’t slow down after that! Following the King of Pop’s episode, the second installment takes you back to the days of the Osbournes reign of reality TV, while episode three goes inside the world of trash TV in general, examining the rise of shows such as The Jerry Springer Show and Geraldo. The last two episodes are really here for the diehard fans: “Freaks and Geeks: The Documentary” gives viewers the opportunity to further mourn the all-too-soon cancellation of the cult classic series starring Seth Rogen and Jason Segel, while “Chris Rock’s ‘Bring the Pain’” delves into the comedian’s legacy and how he changed the face of comedy with his 1996 special.

Cultureshock premieres June 25 at 9 p.m. ET on A&E.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/05/22/ae-ew-to-launch-new-pop-culture-series/

Here's another article/video about it.
The video/trailer is available on the site.
I can't embed this one.

A&E's 'Cultureshock' will revisit Michael Jackson's last days on the ninth anniversary of his death
Aja Hoggart June 08, 2018 at 04:48 PM EDT

It’s one of Hollywood’s biggest stories of the decade. Nine years after the tragic death of Michael Jackson, A&E’s Cultureshock is taking another look.

As previously reported, A&E networks is premiering a six-episode original documentary series that will take an in-depth look at the untold tales behind some of the biggest moments in pop culture. Produced by Meredith Corporation’s Four M Studios in association with Entertainment Weekly, Cultureshock will examine a wide range of topics, from the Osbourne family’s reality TV reign to the all-too-soon cancellation of Freaks and Geeks.

The first episode in the series — “Michael Jackson’s Final Curtain Call” — focuses on the legendary performer’s final days, as well as how his fans and the media reacted to his death.

Get a sneak peek in the promo above, and be sure to catch the premiere on Monday, June 25 at 9 p.m. ET on A&E.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/06/08/cultureshock-michael-jackson/

Does this mean she in no longer involved?

I'm not sure, Annita. I just followed the link from the first post in this thread and it lead to a "this tweet has been deleted" message. Raven and I follow each other on twitter, so I'll ask her about it and see if she responds.

I'm not sure, Annita. I just followed the link from the first post in this thread and it lead to a "this tweet has been deleted" message. Raven and I follow each other on twitter, so I'll ask her about it and see if she responds.

As far as I know the show linked above is NOT the same show that Raven spoke about. The synopsis doesn't sound the same at all - this one being advertised does not concentrate on the "trials of Michael Jackson". Perhaps the scope of the show changed over time, but this is not the same as originally discussed.

I asked Raven before I posted on 6th June and sadly she confirmed she hasn't heard anything for well over a year and has lost touch with the people involved, so she is not involved at all.

MJTruth;4223547 said:
As far as I know the show linked above is NOT the same show that Raven spoke about. The synopsis doesn't sound the same at all - this one being advertised does not concentrate on the "trials of Michael Jackson". Perhaps the scope of the show changed over time, but this is not the same as originally discussed.

I asked Raven before I posted on 6th June and sadly she confirmed she hasn't heard anything for well over a year and has lost touch with the people involved, so she is not involved at all.

Yes, I am discovering, as I read more about this, that it has changed quite a bit, from the original concept that was proposed. This will be a five-part documentary series, but only the first part is about Michael. So the premiere is titled "Michael Jackson: The Final Curtain Call" and will go to air on 25th June.

A&E NETWORK LAUNCHES A BIOGRAPHY® LIMITED ORIGINAL SERIES“CULTURESHOCK”

SERIES PREMIERES MONDAY, JUNE 25 AT 9PM ET/PT WITH SPECIAL MICHAEL JACKSON FILM ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF HIS TRAGIC DEATH “CULTURESHOCK” FEATURES ACCLAIMED DIRECTORS’ TAKE ON IMPACTFUL MOMENTS IN POPULAR CULTURE INCLUDING THE RISE OF CHRIS ROCK, “FREAKS AND GEEKS” AND TABLOID TALK SHOWS

New York, NY – May 22, 2018 – A&E Network presents a Biography® limited original series, “Cultureshock.” The five-part documentary series takes an in-depth look at the untold stories behind watershed moments in pop culture that have had a lasting impact on our society. Produced by Meredith’s Four M Studios in association with Entertainment Weekly, each episode of “Cultureshock” will shed light on the untold stories behind the big, unforgettable moments, helmed by an acclaimed director with the full participation of key players from each story. The series premieres on Monday, June 25 at 9pm ET/PT with “Michael Jackson’s Final Curtain Call,” a profound look at Jackson’s final days timed to the anniversary of the pop icon’s untimely and devastating death.

The source for this update is A & E TV

https://www.aetv.com/news/ae-networ...iginal-series-cultureshock-premiering-june-25

I was expecting a true mini series documentary. I was so excited, it seems like the channel is just deciding to take various ideas and making little.dumb docs.

I was expecting a true mini series documentary. I was so excited, it seems like the channel is just deciding to take various ideas and making little.dumb docs.

Yeah....I am disappointed and pissed off, at this point. It's going to be just another re-hash of old news, like the recent ABC documentary, I think. I'm super upset that they're going to show it on 25th June, too. Why not just play his music, concerts and short films all day long....celebrate the positive, instead of dwelling on the negativity and sadness? Hurrrumph.

I watched the cultureshock episode.. yes negitivity through it but I have to admit it still got to my heart strings.. there were a few spots that I almost cried in!

We need a proper documentary of both Redemption and Conspiracy combined on TV,having Aphrodite Jones & Geraldine Hughes collaborate together along with Tom Meserau and show the world Michael's innocence without having Diane Demon featured whatsoever.

That would be a great idea, and honestly they don't even need the authors to collab if they were not "down" to do so.. the information is now public knowlege from there books so any production team could read the books and develop enough for that show... It would be nice to at least have Hughes a part of it since she was a first hand witness though!

That would be a great idea, and honestly they don't even need the authors to collab if they were not "down" to do so.. the information is now public knowlege from there books so any production team could read the books and develop enough for that show... It would be nice to at least have Hughes a part of it since she was a first hand witness though!
I agree. And when the talk about the accusers, outline all of their lies, changing stories, money hungry, etc. This can also be connected on how our justice system can put innocent people and make them out to guilty when they are really innocent. Mr. Krump, a civil right lawyer and activist, has a show out now showing cases of people who went to prison under allegation and serve time for crimes they did not commit. And yes, the majority of these men are black. The Duke Lacrosse players got it bad because they came right after Michael's case and media was in a "frenzy" to rush to judgement on this case for ratings as they did with Michael.

We need a proper documentary of both Redemption and Conspiracy combined on TV,having Aphrodite Jones & Geraldine Hughes collaborate together along with Tom Meserau and show the world Michael's innocence without having Diane Demon featured whatsoever.

I agree (y)

would also like to see it.. anyone got it ?

I’ve been watching A&E, mainly LivePD recently and I found no promos or anything that A&E saying they’re playing a documentary about Michael’s trial. Nothing.

PoP;4236429 said:
I’ve been watching A&E, mainly LivePD recently and I found no promos or anything that A&E saying they’re playing a documentary about Michael’s trial. Nothing.

Raven lost communication with the guys involved in producing this show.
I don't think they ever made the show. Raven was involved in early pre-production, not filming or anything. There were never reports of this show actually being made, only that it was planned.
I guess A&E decided not to proceed with it after all.

There has to be someone we can reach out to to get some type.of status.

If this has anything to do with Sundance I just saw on my Facebook a letter from the Estate not happening they just want to Cash in on Michael name If any of my friends have me on Facebook I will post it on my wall and you can read the letter.

Back