A.I Michael - opinions

this AI voice thing is a big change. As much as I like it I hate it. From now on we can never trust any new "Michael Jackson" song. From now on we cannot trust any new "Demo" anymore. No snippet will ever be legit unless we know it already in worse quality. We from now on can only rely on the information from the past but never again can truly believe that new songs are legit. The estate has all the power now to scam us (again) with "unheard Michael Jackson songs". Only trustworthy information from the past will be helpful to find out if something new is the real Michael.

Last edited:
Every single edge is rough. That's like 89% rough edges. The way it stretches out the word shy like Miku Hatsune vocaloids is just crazy to me.
Yeah the way that the person sings the song is weird, the bridge and the part where they go "and willing and willing and willing and waiting" are my two biggest gripes about it, but the A.I voice isn't bad at all. It shows that someone with a better experience with A.I and singing could make a convincing A.I cover of the song.

this AI voice thing is a big change. As much as I like it I hate it. From now on we can never trust any new "Michael Jackson" song. From now on we cannot trust and new "Demo" anymore. No snippet will ever be legit unless we know it already in worse quality. We from now on can only rely on the information from the past but never again can truly believe that new songs are legit. The estate has all the power now to scam us (again) with "unheard Michael Jackson songs". Only trustworthy information from the past will be helpful to find out if something new is the real Michael.
It is not that serious. The estate doesn't care about giving us any music anymore, fake or not.

It is not that serious. The estate doesn't care about giving us any music anymore, fake or not.
I hate to defend the estate but... can we really say that?

In 2019 we found out they were thinking about several projects, new unreleased songs released as singles and so on.
Leaving Neverland happened and all the plans blew up, just now things calmed down and Thriller 40 came out with 2 unheard songs and 2 demos never leaked before on the web.

Keeping Hot Street, Nite Line and other tracks may mean that *maybe* they have some more major releases planned.
Also, we need to remember that the Estate doesn't only deal with unreleased songs, as much as I want to listen even the most unfinished demos I understand that they want to aim for something more commercial to get a good hit in the international charts... and most likely there aren't many 'hits' left in the archives that are according to their line of thinking.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic and for my bad english :D

Last edited:
I hate to defend the estate but... can we really say that?

In 2019 we found out they were thinking about several projects, new unreleased songs released as singles and so on.
Leaving Neverland happened and all the plans blew up, just now things calmed down and Thriller 40 came out with 2 unheard songs and 2 demos never leaked before on the web.

Keeping Hot Street, Nite Line and other tracks may mean that *maybe* they have some more major releases planned.
Also, we need to remember that the Estate doesn't only deal with unreleased songs, as much as I want to listen even the most unfinished demos I understand that they want to aim for something more commercial to get a good hit in the international charts... and most likely there aren't many 'hits' left in the archives that are according to their line of thinking.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic and for my bad english :D
Maybe they'll put out more music. I hope they do. They just seem to care more about the biopic and musical and such.

This AI cover runs almost on continuous loop for me. I don't hear any clear AI artefacts - if you want to have the illusion, it sounds to me like a Rough Demo with Thriller-era vocals (not sure) and the instrumental was reworked towards Dangerous shortly after Bad :D

this AI voice thing is a big change. As much as I like it I hate it. From now on we can never trust any new "Michael Jackson" song. From now on we cannot trust any new "Demo" anymore. No snippet will ever be legit unless we know it already in worse quality. We from now on can only rely on the information from the past but never again can truly believe that new songs are legit. The estate has all the power now to scam us (again) with "unheard Michael Jackson songs". Only trustworthy information from the past will be helpful to find out if something new is the real Michael.
I agree with you on the problem that real MJ demos will probably soon be indistinguishable from AI songs. The Estate should have collected all MJ demos long before to avoid a situation like the Cascio case. In principle, we as fans as well as the Estate can now no longer trust anyone who suddenly finds old unreleased MJ vocals. We can only be sure that the demos are genuine MJ vocals if they have already been officially registered as copyrighted in recent years.

Yeah the way that the person sings the song is weird, the bridge and the part where they go "and willing and willing and willing and waiting" are my two biggest gripes about it, but the A.I voice isn't bad at all. It shows that someone with a better experience with A.I and singing could make a convincing A.I cover of the song.
I figured out the phasing effect so I could def do it. @kai Do you have plans for that song since it's closer to the late 90s?

So do we think record labels and estates will start to use stuff like this to milk artists even after there's no actual material left? Really bleak but I can see it happening.

I don’t think so. The Michael album got enough heat from fans when it was released, years before AI and years before the tracks were pulled.
I mean, if every company starts doing it I absolutely think it will become a thing.

The Starboy AI cover is probably the best, I'm still waiting for someone to do a good version of JT's "Like I Love You".
It’s really not, sounds hardly anything like Michael. People like Wonder, Jackson, Prince and Mercury are going to be very hard to replicate with AI. Works great for singers and rappers that don’t have stylized inflections and soul. Michael will be the absolute hardest to replicate (even with the impersonators doing their best impression)

It’s really not, sounds hardly anything like Michael. People like Wonder, Jackson, Prince and Mercury are going to be very hard to replicate with AI. Works great for singers and rappers that don’t have stylized inflections and soul. Michael will be the absolute hardest to replicate (even with the impersonators doing their best impression)

In my opinion it's the best of the ones I've heard.

Nice Snippet
That is really awesome quality wise. It's like he really sang a jingle for Twitter in 1982 lol

EDIT
I found this AI recretion of Bill Wolfers So Shy
It would've been cool, if it was handeled more like a feature with Bill, because the first lines sound pretty much like Bill and then Mike drops in.

Last edited:
It just feels ....Gen y and z feel the need to manipulate the voices gen X listened to n respected as a kid? does anyone get that ? so is this a generational thing ? i for one , am offended to hear it sing freddie...cos it .....that didn't happen in his lifetime , did it ? doesn't feel right.
Who is in gen X here, who enjoys this, and thinks it's ethical?

I assume Michael would be angry...i think hed be outraged you know. i can imagine him campaigning over it, people.
I just assume that he would feel that kids are trying to re write history here. The re writing the history books speech back in 2001 ,
We know how he felt about that, right ? He could very well see it being as bad as the tabloid situation which he fought throughout his life because that shts not ethical is it ?

I think the jingle is ridiculous i can't be happy with it, can't smile at your art ... sorry ,
Twitter- ..it never really happened in his lifetime. 💔 n it hurts because the man was sitting there in the hotel alone in moscow etc you know?..we couldn't really fkn tweet to him support, like we all might tweet people we admire nowadays, 🤪we watched it all from affar, we watched him being broken from affar , we watched him being ....taken down slowly, not just once but endlessly , endless pain, ..and it was all so very , very wrong
no wonder so many of his fans study law , ...so , " hello twiiter " im sorry man , but that sh1t hurts. you are stabbing me right now with that ....... as pretty as it sounds ... that's manslaughter to me , im sorry .i don't know if @Lorraine backs me up here :D do u like it ?

💔 im gutted ,i would believe my remaining guys are too (the ones who i'm so thankful are still with us)

Here is something , has Michael's children spoken about this at all ? 🤔 because , right now this is such a grey area of art ... and ...i get people want to express , but think of the long term damage to mf back catalogues 😲 - their artistry ,all of them n what they worked for, and how hard they worked. to have someone come along and re work it , .. bit insulting ,,,no?
Prince , has he spoken out about if he is okay with .....people manipulating his fathers art? How do Michael's children see this ? Prince ? Paris? Any Opinions? .. Blanket. well i know he enjoys his privacy so, fair enough , won't ask. Maybe if the older kids spoke out ...maybe they could be some resolution to a divide ....i don't know what you guys are creating here..

My perspective on this is informed by another "sound" I am a huge fan of : the Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" that was so popular in the Sixties.

Phil Spector himself produced only a limited number of "Wall of Sound" songs. But dozens of other producers tried their hand at emulating the same sound, and so we have hundreds of "Wall of Sound" songs, and only some of them were actually produced by the "real" Wall of Sound originator. Yet, I love and collect all of them.

So that's how I look at AI. It's not a way to get more real MJ music. But it's a way to get more music that's in the mold of MJ, in the same way we got all of those Wall of Sound records that were not really Phil Spector records, but that were still great because they were great emulations of a great sound.

So I'm all in favor of it. I'm a 1000 times more interested in a future "new" album of AI-helped "MJ music" than I am in the official MJ biopic or musical. MJ is gone but the MJ sound can live on -- provided it's done well and with creativity. It's not MJ, it's other artists, with the help of AI, creating new music in the mold of MJ, emulating his style and voice.

I think it's impossible that AI songs can replace real songs!
This fear is understandable as we are at the forefront of new technology, but it will NEVER replace the feelings of a real song!

I honestly like the AI because we can have a vision of what MJ would be like today (like Kai's song "Blue Men") or the unfinished songs!
As for songs he's never sung, I don't care if they cover songs by The Weeknd or Bruno Mars sung by MJ! (There are some good ones that you can listen to)

In a nutshell, Artificial Intelligence cannot be treated as a threat!
If you don't like it, don't listen!
If you like and want to try this technology, try it!

No one has the same opinion!

My perspective on this is informed by another "sound" I am a huge fan of : the Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" that was so popular in the Sixties.

Phil Spector himself produced only a limited number of "Wall of Sound" songs. But dozens of other producers tried their hand at emulating the same sound, and so we have hundreds of "Wall of Sound" songs, and only some of them were actually produced by the "real" Wall of Sound originator. Yet, I love and collect all of them.

So that's how I look at AI. It's not a way to get more real MJ music. But it's a way to get more music that's in the mold of MJ, in the same way we got all of those Wall of Sound records that were not really Phil Spector records, but that were still great because they were great emulations of a great sound.

So I'm all in favor of it. I'm a 1000 times more interested in a future "new" album of AI-helped "MJ music" than I am in the official MJ biopic or musical. MJ is gone but the MJ sound can live on -- provided it's done well and with creativity. It's not MJ, it's other artists, with the help of AI, creating new music in the mold of MJ, emulating his style and voice.
See, youve thrown me here @kreen , you are basing this on sound.. which it is , i agree and im basing it on emotions and memories, and assumption. :(
However .... i appreciate your interesting perspective , in fact i think it is one of the most well thought out comment here, but it still hurts to think m was thought of as just another sound. i really struggle with this new development,... and i do welcome (other) technology developments in general.
Kreen , I might have to google wall of sound.

Can't see an easy answer to this AI thing. Like any human invention it's going to have positive applications and also very negative ones, imo. From the i newspaper, 21 April 2023, I can find these stories:

1 - Liam Gallagher is happy with an AI project that has created a new 'Oasis' album. A band called Breezer has created it under the name AIsis. Liam is quoted as saying, 'It's mad as f**k, I sound mega ...'
2 - A German tabloid, Die Aktuelle, has printed an interview with Michael Schumacher using quotes generated by AI. You could argue that everyone would know those quotes are fake since Michael, afaik, is still in a deep coma. But it still sucks that they did that. Fgs, that's just gross.
3 - Big article on AI in the art world. Lots of arguments raging.
Otoh, you get this:
"Veracity Protocol say that the technology ... has the potential to be used more extensively in the future to authenticate genuine works and identify forgeries, establish provenance, provide valuations, and facilitate displays."
Otoh, there is also this:
Art historian / art dealer Bendor Grosvenor says, "I'm wary of anything which asks us simply to trust the machine ... I'm also wary of anything which begins, 'simply by taking a picture with your phone', Because it's more complicated than that. The authenticity of the Mona Lisa is as much about the materials that lie beneath the surface as the image which appears on top.'

Maybe none of that stuff is relevant to Michael. I can wrap my head around TII or demos being released but I can't get my head around AI. It just feels ethically wrong.

So that's how I look at AI.
Ngl, I can't make this analogy work. People being influenced by someone's work is entirely different, imo.

In a nutshell, Artificial Intelligence cannot be treated as a threat!
It's no longer about who or what created it.
In a few years you won't even know anymore if art was created by a person or a computer.
Few weeks ago an AI image won a photo contest:

I want to hear people make the world go around with michaels adult voice. Is there something in the making?

That's what I thought until I heard the Hello Twitter thing. Now I say they'll crack the code sooner or later.

Back