A new film about Michael Jackson

Studio

Proud Member
Condor Pictures Productions is preparing a new film about Michael Jackson. it is called A GIFT FROM GOD and speaks about the artist's relationship with faith and his assertion that his talent came from God. The filmmaker Liana Marabini signed other films exploring the faith of great characters (THE UNSEEN WORLD with Murray F. Abraham; THE GARDENER OF GOD with Christopher Lambert; VIVALDI, THE RED PRIEST with Steven Cree etc.). She is a big fan of Michael Jackson and created a group of prayer for him since he died. The casting selection starts on the 6th of November in Monte-Carlo (Principality of Monaco), Menton (France) and Milan (Italy). The film will be in English and will have an international distribution.

Condor Pictures Productions is preparing a new film about Michael Jackson. it is called A GIFT FROM GOD and speaks about the artist's relationship with faith and his assertion that his talent came from God. The filmmaker Liana Marabini signed other films exploring the faith of great characters (THE UNSEEN WORLD with Murray F. Abraham; THE GARDENER OF GOD with Christopher Lambert; VIVALDI, THE RED PRIEST with Steven Cree etc.). She is a big fan of Michael Jackson and created a group of prayer for him since he died. The casting selection starts on the 6th of November in Monte-Carlo (Principality of Monaco), Menton (France) and Milan (Italy). The film will be in English and will have an international distribution.
💞Actually, in times like these, we need a movie about faith, goodness🤗, and LOVE ❤️ right about NOW💞

DD: Are you a prayerful person?

MJ: Oh yeah, I pray a lot, yeah. I see a beautiful sunset and say “God, that’s beautiful, thank you” or a baby’s smile or butterfles wings or anything like that you know?

from the Ebony / Jet interview, 1987

On one hand, Michael absolutely deserves all possible recognition and praise. And so do his fans.
On the other hand, this reeks of shameless pandering to attempt to get MJ fans to buy into whatever they are selling

If it's a film about Michaels own beliefs then maybe there's something there, though I would never watch that. If it's just advertising some lady's work no one wants that.

On one hand, Michael absolutely deserves all possible recognition and praise. And so do his fans.
On the other hand, this reeks of shameless pandering to attempt to get MJ fans to buy into whatever they are selling
Believing in God elevates the soul and Michael believed. He explains his talent as a gift from God and is grateful for that. I think that a film like this shows his spiritual side and makes him still more inspiring.

I am lucky enough to work as director of photography on Liana Marabini's new film dedicated to Michael Jackson and his relationship with faith, “A Gift from God”. It's a little known aspect of MJ's life and I think there's something supernatural about te film. For example, the actor: before our eyes, the young Italian-American actor Joshua Consigli becomes more and more Michael Jackson every day. We were amazed to see that he even has the same shape of belly button as MJ, he dances exactly like him, even his voice and laugh are the same.
I'll keep you updated. Here are some photos of Joshua Consigli as Michael Jackson.

Aside from the strange belly button moment....you've lost me at the Italian American playing a black man from Gary, Indiana 🤔

Are we about to get spaghetti loving MJ? Capisce!!

Are we about to get spaghetti loving MJ?
(this little scenario popped in my head)
MJ's mother: What do you want for dinner, sweetie?
MJ: Spaghetti, please!
MJ's mother: But, we already had spaghetti for the past 5 weeks. I'm getting tired of making it all the time.
MJ: Oh..then LaToya can choose for tonight.
(random little skit sorry if it offends anyone)

By the way y'all...

Any news on this film directly from this thread's original poster hasn't been updated since October 2023 (and it seems like they only made an account here simply to show this "news"). There's no trailer or any other proof of this film's production in existence. Also, I can't find anything on a production company titled "Condor Pictures Productions" specifically, and the only corroborating source in this thread (the user who bumped this thread claiming to be a "director of photography") says, "Here are some photos of Joshua Consigli as Michael Jackson," but offers NO photographs. 💀

Besides that, also making strange comments, such as highlighting how Consigli (the alleged lead actor of this film) apparently has the same belly button shape as Michael, which just feels so weird and specific, and doesn't support anything about this film's supposed purpose, which is, apparently, to show Michael Jackson's spiritual side and his relationship with God. Like. What the hell does his belly button shape have anything to do with how Consigli represents Michael, especially in this way?? 😭 😭

I did, however, find a few articles relating to this film, and even very recent ones claiming it's currently being filmed, but I can't find any other proof of it or confirmation of it apart from these articles. One of the articles I read even claimed it would be shown at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival, but I can't find any other proof corroborating this, along with alleged quotes they gave by the director (Liana Marabini). There is also very little information available about her (and I'm not even sure if the results I found talk about the same Liana Marabini who is connected to this MJ film). There is also a lack of damning results as I searched up "Joshua Consigli," especially with his name in relation to Michael Jackson.

If you want my opinion on all this (and given the reaction of some people here), I honestly do not even think this film is real.

Given how little information there is to find on it (and also, if it was really going to be screened at the Cannes Film Festival, you'd think it'd be much bigger news, especially for a MICHAEL JACKSON related film) and the burden of proof of this film's existence other than word of mouth really, this feels EXTREMELY scammy. Either this film doesn't even exist, or it's an attempt to sell an extremely obscure low-quality fan film just to obtain money and/or attention from MJ fans. Either way, something about this just feels so wrong, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Also, don't believe everything you read on the Internet, of course.

Last edited:
I think this movie could be real but it would most likely be a very low budget/amateurish flick based on the fact that none of the actors/director are googleable and not a movie you should expect to be good with the huge emphasis on god etc... Judging by the description of the actor's Belly button I wouldn't be surprised to see scenes with Michael semi naked in heaven hugging Jesus while being showered in holy water at this point...

I think this movie could be real but it would most likely be a very low budget/amateurish flick based on the fact that none of the actors/director are googleable and not a movie you should expect to be good with the huge emphasis on god etc...
I definitely also think so.

If this film does exist somehow and if it was more high quality, I think it would also be promoted a LOT better than just with some random person telling about it with just word of mouth on an MJ fan forum with no other proof of existence to follow it. And also, said person making an MJJC account SOLELY to do this. It just feels so odd. The person claiming to be a "director of photography" seemed to have made an account with the sole purpose of promoting this alleged film as well.

Also, if this film is a scam or completely made up, it definitely feels like an attempt to take advantage of Michael's more religious fans (and there are many of them, although MJ's fans are pretty diverse in religious beliefs altogether). And unfortunately, a lot of religious media (Christian media in particular) isn't very good at all, but that's just my opinion (a few exceptions to me are The Ten Commandments or Prince of Egypt, which are some of the greatest films EVER in my opinion. I also love a lot of religion based songs). That, or it's very hard for a lot of Christian media to also appeal to more secular audiences.

But also, with the huge emphasis on God this film seems to take, it would probably also have more the goal of promoting Christianity and its beliefs rather than focusing on Michael and/or using Michael to promote their beliefs. Not that there's anything wrong with making a film about your religious beliefs, but according the "creators" of this film themselves, this is largely a Michael-based film and about his own experiences with his religion.

Judging by the description of the actor's Belly button I wouldn't be surprised to see scenes with Michael semi naked in heaven hugging Jesus while being showered in holy water at this point...
Exactly, especially with how much importance it seems to have with the "director of photography", lmao. 😭

Even if this was a film based on that (even an adult film... which, ugh. It KILLS me to think about how many adult films there probably are out there with people impersonating Michael, and especially nowadays, with deepfakes), it's SO odd. Who in the world judges someone by how they portray Michael by their BELLY BUTTON SHAPE?? 💀 Did they take that into account when the creators of the MJ biopic hired Jaafar Jackson to play Michael?? Lmao.

Anyways, I still stand by my point of, "This is pretty sketchy." Nothing about this film and the news of it feels right. My gut is just telling so many things, and they're not pretty.

⚠️⚠️ MAJOR UPDATE ⚠️⚠️

I've done a little more digging into this religious MJ film and trying to confirm its existence + more things about it.

A website for the mentioned Condor Pictures does exist. Here it is:

Exploring the website, I've noticed that this production company's filmography is completely made up of religion-based films and TV shows. They are also ALL directed by the mentioned Liana Marabini. I think she probably either independently owns this company and distributes her work from it or is probably the only one who made films/TV shows for this company.

In the "Press articles" section, I also couldn't find any articles related to this MJ film. The most recent press article I could find was posted in March 2023 and is written in French (Other articles posted are written in Italian or English). Supposed screenshots from Marabini's other works are also shown on the home page of the website (although the information about the company themselves on the home page is pretty vague, with it being only two sentences).

However, as for viewing Marabini's films themselves, some of them are unavailable for public viewing (the website states that "Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums", a 57-minute documentary, is only a donation to the Vatican Museums, holder of the rights, and you must e-mail Condor Pictures themselves to request a private viewing). Some films, it says, are still in development ("Baroque Spirituality"), while others were supposedly screened at the Cannes Film Festival ("Shades of Truth"). The rest of the listed films in the "filmography" section (minus the MJ one of course), however, are available to the public right on the website.

Maybe later, I will dedicate some time to watching the available films and see if Marabini's work has any merit.

Since I now managed to confirm some trace of existence for Condor Pictures, there is now some credibility that this "Gift of God" MJ film probably does exist, but is just not widely known nor is most information available to the public (and according to the alleged crew themselves, it isn't even finished yet).

I still find it odd though, how this film was first announced in 2023, and it has been a while since the topic picked up traction here. But since that point, no trailers, screenshots, or any other evidence of this film exists besides word of mouth and a description on its production company's website.

As for the section about the MJ film itself, there isn't much information (other than a supposed poster made for the film, as well as information we probably already know at this point, that this film was made about Michael Jackson, his religious beliefs, and how it impacted his life and career). Apparently, the film also has a runtime of 90 minutes (which I find odd, since the film is apparently not finished yet. So, how can the runtime be known yet if the film isn't even finished??)

There are still many unanswered questions. I, for one, am wondering: Is this a documentary or a dramatized version of MJ's story with spirituality (kind of like a biopic)? Why isn't there any information on the site about who is going to star in the film (for example, Joshua Consigli isn't mentioned at all)? Where might it be screened? Are there plans to release this film to the public or on the website? Is this a potential case of MJ lost media? When is this film expected to finish production? As of now, none of that is known. But I hope that we will find more answers as time goes on. I may even consider contacting this production company myself by e-mailing them, just to try and get some answers to these questions.

So far, this potentially obscure MJ religious film is actually really interesting to me. Even though I still have some doubts about its merit (and I still find the belly button comment weird 💀), at least we now have some kind of confirmation that it may exist. And hopefully, if it does, MJ fans can have a glimpse of it.

Last edited:
We are starving out here. This is getting sad.
I understand. I know that especially for more hardcore MJ fans, we are so bereft of newer content.

That's why I've been digging for information on this "Gift of God" film. If it exists and its merit is good enough, maybe it could be of value to us and to MJ. Also, I'm really big on unreleased/lost media, which is why this is of particular interest to me.

Hopefully, this film is just highly obscure and not some kind of scam or mediocre production. If it is, I'll highly condemn it. But as of now, many things aren't really known about it and many fans (including me) are really skeptical of its merit. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.

This just popped up. Haven't got the energy to do loads of detective work on this so posting merely as FYI

[...] So far, this potentially obscure MJ religious film is actually really interesting to me.
Same. Well, tbh, I had forgotten all about it until this thread was revived, lol, but I think the basic idea (insofar as we know anything about this project - which isn't much!) is OK. I think it's perfectly legit to look at Michael as a person of faith. Otoh, it certainly would have the potential to be completely 'yuck'. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Even though I still have some doubts about its merit
Oh, for sure. Massive doubts.

(and I still find the belly button comment weird 💀),
I can't even go there.

Back